CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay...

CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail

There are 16410 comments on the Gateway Pundit story from Dec 8, 2013, titled CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple Wedding Cake - May Face a Year in Jail. In it, Gateway Pundit reports that:

Gay activists protest the Masterpiece Cakeshop in 2012. Owner Jack Phillips now faces charges for not baking a cake for the gay couple.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gateway Pundit.

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#2811 Dec 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He will be if the gay couple gets their way.
Prove they said that or are you just a liar making up crap because you don't have a life beyond your alcohol consumption.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#2812 Dec 18, 2013
Hilariously, those Utah cohabitation laws were created to enforce mormon tenets about unmarrieds living together.
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are an idiot......good to know!!!
It ISN'T anything of a small step....it just takes away the decriminalization of cohabitating with someone other than your legal spouse........and like I said, UNTIL a case reaches SCOTUS regarding this matter......NOTHING will change!!!
Trying to add polygamy is NOTHING like allowing Gay and Lesbian couples to marry.....they are NOT similarly situated!!!
Remember 3 or more is still MORE than 2!!!

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#2813 Dec 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
NorCal tries to play down the importance of this big step toward marriage equality for polygamists because she doesn't like them and wishes to deny them the right to marry.
She also glazes over the fact that this decision made polygamy no longer a felony in Utah.
Again, you guy just make up crap and call it dinner. Polygamy is still a felony if the guy marries more than one wifel
William of Baskerville

Chicago, IL

#2814 Dec 18, 2013
Anyone can check the NY Times, every edition this week:

The editors and every kind of expert is for polygamy--except two writers, both homosexual, both of whom went absolutely nuts.

So I too would like to discuss polygamy.

Indianapolis

#2815 Dec 18, 2013
A comma is a punctuation mark and cannot be spliced. You can splice certain grammatical constructions, but informal writing requires no such exactitude.

Buffoon.
William of Baskerville wrote:
<quoted text>
You spliced a comma, you TWIT!
LOL

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#2816 Dec 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah good times!
That's why i like these silly jackasses.
And their shit doesn't stink either! I doubt CPeter has ever even had a cavity or received a parking ticket.

Location hidden

#2817 Dec 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! It's about 44F here on SF Bay. Now I will have to explain to Sheeple that doesn't mean I want to force a baby to marry me.
Because that is what he will insist you mean! They are all products of the American Education System that taught them two rules:

#1. The government is always right.

#2. If the government is wrong, see rule one.

Indianapolis

#2818 Dec 18, 2013
I didn't say anything about lynching,moron. There were many businesses that would not sell to or serve blacks, jews, catholics, and others by orders of the klan. Noncompliance could get you shut down or have an unfortunate "accident."

The klan is christian, too...just like the baker.
Toys R Us kid wrote:
<quoted text>
More uncalled for drama.
We're not talking about men being lynched you stupid fool. We're not talking about a baker who sneaks out at night to burn down homosexual meeting centers, beat up random gays or is working on denying gays the ability to live within a 10 mile radius of his house.
This baker advised he is more than willing to bake this little couple a boatload of bagels for that matter, just not a wedding cake because it went against his beliefs.
Let it go and let the market deal with it rather than destroy this mans livelihood. You look like pathetic little bastards by dancing around and aligning this baker to the KKK you idiot.
You don't think the market will take root and effectively diminish this mans business with all the publicity then you know about as much of economics as you do the thoughts of a dead man.
It's just ignorant vengeful vindictiveness on your behalf given you think he slighted gays so therefore he must be burned at the stake given your overzealous sensitivities on the matter.

Location hidden

#2819 Dec 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheeple was the best student in every grade he was ever in and on through graduate school doncha know.
And his English is perfect and with out error as is CPeters is. That is why we should trust their every brain fart as objective and irrefutable truth.

Location hidden

#2820 Dec 18, 2013
rfirma1 wrote:
<quoted text>
33 degrees here today and waiting for global warming.....or summer.....which ever comes first.
can i marry my thermometer?
You'll have to get Sheeple's approval to marry your thermometer. He doesn't let anything happen unless it cross's his desk first.

We had record cold here last week, 19F, severely damaged all the avocados and much of the fruit on the citrus. My limes suffered the most damage.

Hey Sheeply, can I marry my lime tree?

Location hidden

#2821 Dec 18, 2013
rfirma1 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh....and also well loved by everybody in his school, as i recall reading in a much previous post.
koolaid anyone?
I can't remember, was it CPeter or Sheeple who had sex with every student on his high schools football team? And we both know neither of them make shit up.

Location hidden

#2822 Dec 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's Al Gore?
He is visiting Michael Moore on the set of his new movie called the 700 Degrees Club.

Location hidden

#2823 Dec 18, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You insult others and then complain when they insult you......classic BS'er!!!
I insult those who insult me.

Location hidden

#2824 Dec 18, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Show how I've violated the constitution?
Is it time for Show and Tell all ready? Silly me here I thought it was time to marry my Toyota.
William of Baskerville

Chicago, IL

#2825 Dec 18, 2013
Sheeples and Petey model themselves on the two football players in Heathers.

Petey wants his pa to give the same funeral speech: "My son is a homosexual, and I love him. I LOVE MY DEAD GAY SON!

Location hidden

#2826 Dec 18, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The overwhelming majority of Americans support.
No one cares what the majority wants or supports. This is why you are anti-American. In America we have a Republic where you own yourself and the majority can not make you do something you do not want to do or prevent you from doing something you do want to do. In a Democracy the majority can force you to do what it wants you to do because it believe you don't know what is best for you.

What I just wrote is for normal people. For you I will have to say the same thing only with all kinds of qualifiers or you will have another bad hair day.

You can do anything you want as long as it is peaceful and with consenting adults and does not violate the rights of other people. Do you know that raping, robbing and murder all violate the rights of others? If not you need to learn it. Yes violating the rights of others is wrong. If some one doesn't like you they are not violating your rights.

Location hidden

#2827 Dec 18, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The couple had no idea the baker in question was a bigot until he refused them service. After that was make clear, they DID go somewhere else where they were welcome. They also report the bigot baker to the state for violating the public accommodations law which was their right & obligation.
Do you have a link to that information?

In a republic you can not force a baker to bake you a cake. In a Democracy if 51% of the people want people to be forced to bake cakes then you better fire up the oven of spend a year in prison. But then if the political climate changes as if so often dose and 51% of the people agree not to force bakers to bake cakes, then you are shit out of luck. In a Republic if public opinion changes no one cares because their rights are protected no matter what the majority believes.

Why you want to keep your rights in jeopardy like this is a mystery to me.

Location hidden

#2828 Dec 18, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it's the same view I've always held.
Whether he goes out of business is irrelevant. He broke the law and the couple being discriminated against has every constitutional right to seek redress.
Just because John Wayne Gacy lost his clown party business means he shouldn't have been prosecuted?
There is no Constitutional right to violate the rights of others. While I thought you were making progress you still refuse to learn what rights are and what the difference is between a Republic form of Government and a Democracy.

If we call Chocolate Ice Cream, Vanilla Ice Cream, and you eat it, are you eating Vanilla or Chocolate.

And if call Chocolate, Vanilla, how in the world do you think we can ever understand each other?

Location hidden

#2829 Dec 18, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because John Wayne Gacy lost his clown party business means he shouldn't have been prosecuted?
Does it mean he should have married his sister and her dog and the family automobile?

Location hidden

#2830 Dec 18, 2013
cpeter1313: You haven't talked to every business owner either, idiot, and you made the blanket statement that they are all concerned over this. That your little coterie of fellow paranoids are concerned tells me they must practice discrimination in some form.

ALAN: At least you admitted you just made that up. Everyone practices discrimination in some form. Do you have sex with everyone who wants to have sex with you? Maybe you do. I don't. I reject all kinds of sex partners. Should the majority make it illegal to reject the sexual advances of unattractive people?

cpeter1313: Where did I say I supported democracy over a republic?

ALAN: You advocacy for majority rule which is how the anti-discrimination laws got put on the books and in violation of the Constitution.

cpeter1313: Your definitions are skewed and I don't agree with them.

ALAN: Then tell us what is the difference between a Republic form of government and a Democracy.

cpeter1313: This country is a republic, meaning we elect officials to run the country instead of having a popular vote on everything. This is what the founders intended, because freedom and mob rule are antithetical.

ALAN: That is what I have been trying to get you to understand and now you pretend you understood it all along. Freedom and Mob rule, ie Voting in a Democracy, are antithetical, Exactly as I have been saying for the last 500 pages in here.

cpeter1313: However, this is a CONSTITUTIONAL republic, with a ruling document that allows for freedoms but also demands responsibility. It's the latter you have a problem with.

ALAN: Why do you say that? Just to be insulting? I have stressed the importance of being responsible and you have said there is a law that much be obeyed.

Now that you know we have a Constitution show me how the majority can force a baker to bake a cake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr crucifiedguy 4,723
News Democrats pressure Obama to offer blanket pardo... 2 hr Wildchild 1
News Japan's sex problem is so bad that people are q... 4 hr Dr Modi 1
News Nicole Kidman's priest says actress hopes one d... 23 hr Sco-ttt 2
News Were 'Fixer Upper' Stars Chip and Joanna Gaines... Tue Xstain Mullah Aroma 17
News Slovenians vote on whether to uphold same-sex m... (Dec '15) Mon fathiwady 13
News Gay 'marriage': A recipe for anarchy (Apr '15) Dec 5 SaintSin242 37
More from around the web