Marriage rulings complicate GOP's path

Jun 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KMIZ

Moments after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled on a pair of same-sex marriage cases, the handful of Democrats considering running for president in 2016 stumbled over themselves in a rush of celebratory reaction, blasting out a salvo of congratulatory press releases and tweets.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jun 27, 2013
The Fabulous Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

LOL! The GOP doesn't like being shoved in the closet
Turn-about is fair play

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Rock......GOP.......Hard Place
oslo

Absecon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

"Every time you advance the notion that you are a conservative and that you believe in traditional marriage, you get hammered," Clovis said. "People who have strong beliefs have been silenced. You can't talk about it except among your own friends."

And to that it must be asked,,,, and how does that feel? Poor baby.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

I went out with friends last night to celebrate the win. During the conversation voting came up. Now here is a conclusion from that conversation that I had not anticipated. None of the 14 people (including myself and my spouse) are as yet married. Except for one couple they have all demonstrated a desire, now that it means benefits, to travel to a Marriage Equality state, and get married. If this is indicative of the country as a whole, we will see a huge bump in marriage of same-sex couples. This will automatically lead to more stable relationships, and to more people actually joining the mainstream, which includes voting. I would think this will lead to more votes for the Democratic party. I had considered none of this before last night.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••