Mormons Pushing Church Stance on Homo...

Mormons Pushing Church Stance on Homosexuality

There are 41 comments on the EDGE story from Oct 8, 2013, titled Mormons Pushing Church Stance on Homosexuality. In it, EDGE reports that:

Wendy and Tom Montgomery went door-to-door in their California neighborhood in 2008 campaigning for the passage of an anti-gay marriage proposition.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#21 Oct 8, 2013
King and Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide a study or a link from a reliable source, scientist, or Dr (America not being such anymore) that someone is born gay. Or even born bisexual, which is totally bs and absurd. TENDENCIES!
Prove that people are born straight and somehow "turn gay" at puberty. Don't you think it's a bit far fetched to believe that kids choose the only gender they can be attracted to at puberty? You must not have kids if you believe they have that much control over their hormones.

Did you choose your orientation? Could you, as an adult - completely change it? Of course not, and no one else can, either.

But what does choice or lack of it have to do with the topic? Are you saying that since you believe that kids can somehow magically choose their orientation at the ripe old age of 12-15 or so, that they should not be allowed - when they grow up - to marry the consenting single unrelated adult of their choice, the way that EVERY straight kid can?

Why?

What is the state interest in such a peculiar restriction?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#22 Oct 8, 2013
King and Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Subvert instead.
Sometimes I also wonder if someone really is a homosexual "permanently" as defined or described just because one sleeps with the ss and that it is a "tendency" more so as described by Dr Sherman Abdul Hakim Jackson.
If you are only attracted romantically, physically, and emotionally to the opposite gender, you are heterosexual.

If you are only attracted romantically, physically, and emotionally to the Same gender, you are gay.

If you have the ability to be attracted romantically, physically, and emotionally to either gender, you are bisexual.

And none of that should play a factor in marriage law.

And unless you can come up with some valid state interest in preventing any of the above categories from marrying the single consenting unrelated adult of their choice, let's hear it.

Prove that restricting marriage based ONLY on gender is good for the couples involved, good for their children, and good for society. Prove that lifting such restrictions will harm other couples, children, and society.

If you can't do those things, why bother to post?
King and Queen

Cummington, MA

#23 Oct 8, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
How does my argument in any way make that point?
Equal 'protection for all' you loon. By your argument who are we to deny anyone from having a 'relationship with 'many' or 'any'
It doesn't matter Lides, you have no moral compass, that's why you seem shocked that I would make such an assertion to you. You're a liberal, YOU are incapable of ensuring the safety of anyone or anything. You're a lunatic.
While you continue to endanger and reduce the human race with your dangerous sexual endeavors and abortions. Ernst Roehm, Joseph Mengele, Stalin, and Kaganovich are all smiling 'up' at you Lides.

Gay sex good, many partners better, smoking bad. You FOOL!
King and Queen

Cummington, MA

#24 Oct 8, 2013
To post 21-22. stfu! I've argued and won this argument with you loons for years. This would never have been voted for in Mass that's why it was NEVER ALLOWED to be. Please to, continue with your twerking and poison the minds of all species in the garden of eden. You people should never be allowed to govern anything. Maybe we can create a reservation for all liberals to move to California so liberalism can support themselves. Putin knows better cus he sees how much of a f**ked up war mongering Khazarian run nation we have become.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#25 Oct 8, 2013
King and Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal 'protection for all' you loon. By your argument who are we to deny anyone from having a 'relationship with 'many' or 'any'
Do you understand what equal means? because it appears that you do not. Polygamy seeks greater protection of the law for three or more, same sex marriage seeks equal protection for a couple.

As for restrictions, we can restrict constitutional rights in any way we wish, assuming of course that those restrictions serve a compelling governmental interest.
King and Queen wrote:
It doesn't matter Lides, you have no moral compass, that's why you seem shocked that I would make such an assertion to you. You're a liberal, YOU are incapable of ensuring the safety of anyone or anything. You're a lunatic.
Funny, I am not the one arguing for fellow citizens to be classified as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the law. In a way you are making an argument for limited slavery. And yet, you call me amoral and mad.
King and Queen wrote:
While you continue to endanger and reduce the human race with your dangerous sexual endeavors and abortions. Ernst Roehm, Joseph Mengele, Stalin, and Kaganovich are all smiling 'up' at you Lides.
Gay sex good, many partners better, smoking bad. You FOOL!
Thank you, you have descended into utter gibberish and proven that you have no valid or on topic argument to offer.

Congratulations, well played.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#26 Oct 8, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal protection has neither evolved, nor has it been removed from the constitution.
have you come up with an intelligent or adult argument? I didn't think so.
A person's sexual orientation is as an indelible characteristic as one's eye color and chirality. It is fixed and cannot be changed.
King and Queen

Cummington, MA

#27 Oct 8, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand what equal means? because it appears that you do not. Polygamy seeks greater protection of the law for three or more, same sex marriage seeks equal protection for a couple.
As for restrictions, we can restrict constitutional rights in any way we wish, assuming of course that those restrictions serve a compelling governmental interest.
<quoted text>
Funny, I am not the one arguing for fellow citizens to be classified as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the law. In a way you are making an argument for limited slavery. And yet, you call me amoral and mad.
<quoted text>
Thank you, you have descended into utter gibberish and proven that you have no valid or on topic argument to offer.
Congratulations, well played.
Yes Lides, I understand what equal means, liberals like you don't. Like last week when veterans were NOT allowed to go to the memorial in DC and were blocked from doing so, but Nancy Pelosi, and a chitload of illegals were allowed to do so today. You, Pelosi, and the democratic party should be deported, and I am being kind. Good luck in hell Lides, you're gonna need it.
King and Queen

Cummington, MA

#28 Oct 8, 2013
Someone should start a petition to bring back the death penalty by hanging.
Rainbow Kid

United States

#29 Oct 8, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>A person's sexual orientation is as an indelible characteristic as one's eye color and chirality. It is fixed and cannot be changed.
Want to buy some gerbils?
Jew Mudder Clucker

Springfield, MA

#30 Oct 8, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
A person's sexual orientation is as an indelible characteristic as one's eye color and chirality. It is fixed and cannot be changed.
I didn't choose my eye color and I chose not to cluck another man in the can.
:o)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#31 Oct 8, 2013
What would you expect from superstitious morons?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#32 Oct 8, 2013
If god created gay people, their religion is false. They can't stop...

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#33 Oct 8, 2013
King and Queen wrote:
Yes Lides, I understand what equal means, liberals like you don't.
No, you don't, or at least your arguments imply that you do not. You said "By your argument who are we to deny anyone from having a 'relationship with 'many' or 'any'."
Many, implies two or more spouses. So either you can't count, or you don't understand what equal means. Take your pick.
As for restrictions on "any," you once again expose your ignorance. The government may infringe upon rights when doing so serves a compelling governmental interest. This is why the government can deny a convicted felon the right to lawfully own a firearm.

Are you being willfully stupid?
King and Queen wrote:
Like last week when veterans were NOT allowed to go to the memorial in DC and were blocked from doing so, but Nancy Pelosi, and a chitload of illegals were allowed to do so today.
Do you see how one group went through proper channels, while the other didn't?
Do you believe in rules? Apparently not.
Have you noticed you are making an utterly irrelevant argument?
King and Queen wrote:
You, Pelosi, and the democratic party should be deported, and I am being kind. Good luck in hell Lides, you're gonna need it.
I don't believe in hell. If you are basing you argument upon religious dogma, then a) your argument has no relevance to a discussion of civil law, because congress is forbidden to make laws respecting an establishment of religion.

Ironically, if you are basing your argument on a Christian religion, you have sinned by passing judgment on others. Isn't hypocrisy hysterical?

I'm an atheist, and as such I am not bound by your religious mythology.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#34 Oct 8, 2013
King and Queen wrote:
Someone should start a petition to bring back the death penalty by hanging.
They still have it in Washington state. Perhaps you could commit your felony there?

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#35 Oct 8, 2013
King and Queen wrote:
Like last week when veterans were NOT allowed to go to the memorial in DC and were blocked from doing so, but Nancy Pelosi, and a chitload of illegals were allowed to do so today.
I guess you only read news that fits your worldview.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dc/2013/10/c...

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#36 Oct 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Or God blesses you enough to make you be born gay !:)
I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I have to say, upon reflecting on my life, I was blessed to have been born gay. I don't know if a god was involved or not. I do know that even with the trauma of gay bashings when I was a youth, my life turned out well. And living with the effects of those bashings has enhanced my ability to see the sufferings of others who are far worse off than I. And the biggest blessing is my spouse of 40 years.
Rainbow Kid

Chesapeake, OH

#37 Oct 9, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I have to say, upon reflecting on my life, I was blessed to have been born gay. I don't know if a god was involved or not. I do know that even with the trauma of gay bashings when I was a youth, my life turned out well. And living with the effects of those bashings has enhanced my ability to see the sufferings of others who are far worse off than I. And the biggest blessing is my spouse of 40 years.
You poor thang

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#38 Oct 9, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I have to say, upon reflecting on my life, I was blessed to have been born gay. I don't know if a god was involved or not. I do know that even with the trauma of gay bashings when I was a youth, my life turned out well. And living with the effects of those bashings has enhanced my ability to see the sufferings of others who are far worse off than I. And the biggest blessing is my spouse of 40 years.
Without me making a similar long post here in response, I DO believe that being born gay is a blessing. And I'm a church-going Christian.
Gator Bait

Chesapeake, OH

#39 Oct 9, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>Without me making a similar long post here in response, I DO believe that being born gay is a blessing. And I'm a church-going Christian.
What else can you pathetic [email protected] say? You freaks are cursed with a mental illness. The sad part about it is, you don't even realize you're sick.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#40 Oct 9, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor thang
Sarcasm? I don't understand your response. What's better than a happy life?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Straight Talk: Young husband's cheating is agon... (Mar '12) 54 min Dump his ass 5
News Pastors Rarely Asked to Wed Same-Sex Couples 59 min Phyllis Schlafly ... 52
News Judge who said she wouldn't marry gays fights b... 1 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 15
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 7 hr Fa-Foxy 198
News If Prince Was A Homophobe, What Does That Make ... 7 hr Fa-Foxy 5
News Bristol Palin shares son Instagram pic on day o... (May '15) 10 hr Serratus Anterior 2
News Irish gay marriage referendum campaigner warns ... Tue Fa-Foxy 8
More from around the web