Australia: Gay marriage tops federal poll issue

Aug 13, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Asian Correspondent

Prime Minister and Australian Labor Party Leader Kevin Rudd promised that a re-elected Government under Labor will put forward a bill that will legalise marriage equality within 100 days.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 34 of34
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ignoranceisbliss

Seven Hills, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Okay, I did laugh at that, but you DON'T find it funny to have a middle aged 'Milky Bar Kid' who reduced female attendants to tears if he is DARED brought a meal not to his liking, as PM?

(corrected)
On Dole

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

ignoranceisbliss wrote:
Okay, I did laugh at that, but you DON'T find it funny to have a middle aged 'Milky Bar Kid' who reduced female attendants to tears if he is DARED brought a meal not to his liking, as PM?
(corrected)
Other than HIV why should gays bother you? They can't even have kids.
Equality

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

Goats milk wrote:
The topic of homosexual marriage is as dry as a nuns tit, I m voting Abbott, Rudd is just doing the old election promises bull, the irresponsible spending and stuff ups from labor must stop.
I can guarantee that if Abbott gets elected he will support the bill for gay marriage. Nobody likes goats milk and we are certainly not going to listen to anything a poor repressed & fearful man such as yourself has to say. Go and get yourself a big glass of mainstream cows milk, heaven forbid that you should be different from the majority in any way. Back under your rock....
On Dole

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

Equality wrote:
<quoted text>I can guarantee that if Abbott gets elected he will support the bill for gay marriage. Nobody likes goats milk and we are certainly not going to listen to anything a poor repressed & fearful man such as yourself has to say. Go and get yourself a big glass of mainstream cows milk, heaven forbid that you should be different from the majority in any way. Back under your rock....
Equality? Is any one burning gays? Putin is the right leader for this country. We can certainly do with out this far-left gay filth life style.
Camel milk Australia

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

SouthWesterner wrote:
since when does butt plug marriage matter so much that it needs to be the issue that decides an election? It doesn't even make sense.
Totally agree. Rudd is desperate for votes, he carries on about a personal journey to come around to gay marriage, but a year ago he was against it! He is so full of it, such an attention seeker, will do anything for votes.

I personally don't want to see gay marriage in Australia, I don't want it to be an election issue. I think it's wrong that Rudd sneaks in little things to suck up to minorities for votes.

Parliament voted convincingly against it not long ago. It's ridiculous that it should even be mentioned during the election.
Goats milk Australia

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Equality wrote:
<quoted text>I can guarantee that if Abbott gets elected he will support the bill for gay marriage. Nobody likes goats milk and we are certainly not going to listen to anything a poor repressed & fearful man such as yourself has to say. a poor repressed & fearful man such as yourself heaven forbid that you should be different from the majority in any way. Back under your rock....
"Nobody likes goats milk" Than why is it sold?
Clearly people have different tastes to your own. Have you never tried Greek Feta made with sheeps and Goats milk? Have you never Eaten French or Dutch Cheeses many of which are made from Goats milk? Clearly your comment is wrong and some people do in fact like goat milk.

"a poor repressed & fearful man such as yourself" How do you even know my Gender? You don't. Don't make assumptions.

I'm "poor" in what way?

"repressed" evidence at all?

"fearful" really, I'm scared of something am I? Please do tell me what I am scared of. Enlighten me.

I just might get myself a big glass of "mainstream cow milk" I have a bottle of fresh cow milk in the fridge. It's very good, sounds like a brilliant idea! a sandwich and a glass of fresh cow milk.

Are you assuming that I have an aversion to cows milk?

I happen to like cows milk, I also happen to use goats milk quite a bit also. Do you have a problem with that?
Goats milk Australia

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Go and get yourself a big glass of mainstream cows milk, heaven forbid that you should be different from the majority in any way.

"heaven forbid that you should be different from the majority in any way."

Are you talking about people being gay here, or are you talking about me drinking goats milk?

Because if you are talking about me drinking goats milk you should have written heaven forbid that you should be the same as the majority in any way.(drinking cow milk)

Please explain this sentence.
Goats milk Australia

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

"I can guarantee that if Abbott gets elected he will support the bill for gay marriage."

You can guarantee this can you?

Despite the fact that he has stated that it is not an election issue, and he has never said anything about being in support of gay marriage, actually quite the opposite, he has maintained his position is that the current marriage act does not need changing.

But according to you, you guarantee Abbott will support a bill for gay marriage.

Despite a recent vote in parliament being significantly against any changes.

But according to "Equality" we can be guaranteed of an unlikely event.

I don't support homosexual or Lesbian marriage. That is my opinion, respect other peoples right to a different opinion.
Goats milk Australia

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Guarantee is an absolute. You can not guarantee something like this. You can not even guarantee one party will win the election over the other!

Some very immature statements there.
ignorance is bliss

Stanmore, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

On Dole wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than HIV why should gays bother you? They can't even have kids.
Where did I say gay people bother me?? I didn't.

Second, I don't particularly care about the gay issue of marriage one way or another. If gay people end up being able to marry, it won't effect my marriage or life one iota.

What I said was, now pay attention, that FOR ME there is more important and pressing issues then gay marriage.

Hospital waiting times; Education; Foster system; Disability; Aged Care; coal seam gas (property owner's rights); roads; electricity grid/costs; introduction of taxes by Krudd on savings accounts; Policing; Boat people, jobs; A MASSIVE DEFICIT...they're all FAR MORE PRESSING FOR ME.
Gay marriage simply isn't an election deal breaker or of importance to me.
Katcher

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

On Dole wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what your problem is. Gays are about love, that rainbow flag, feathers, flotilla... Australia is already polluted. What we need is pure white sand beaches and less people but more gays. We should cut down to 1 million straights and 22 million gays. What do you think folks? I think it is a great plan. It's about love, tolerance and most importantly rainbow.
They are talking about consenting gay adults Gollan, touching up little boys doesnt qualify as gay love you perverted little rock spider
Cujo

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

_0rion_ wrote:
Who cares?
There are a lot more important issues affecting this country those fool politicians should be presenting policy for instead of trying to buy poofter votes.
Really? Equal rights for all your citizens isn't important? Or just not important to you, cause you might be a homophobe?

“My shadow ran beside me...”

Since: Jun 12

Down Under

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Judged:

Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Equal rights for all your citizens isn't important? Or just not important to you, cause you might be a homophobe?
There's an election next month.
Governments are supposed to be enacting or producing policies that are in the best interests of the majority of the people.
Gays are not the majority of the people.
Legalising gay marriage is not in the best interests of the majority of the people.
Last time a bill was introduced it was voted down overwhelmingly, as it should be.
Rudd and Abbott both voted against it BTW.
All they are doing with this issue is trying to buy votes.

If people want to punch each other's dung-holes good for them, I don't give a sh*t.
If they want to have civil unions etc. etc., good for them, I still don't give a sh*t.
The definition of marriage is between a man and a woman, that should not change.
lowprofile

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aids carriers already have equal rights, the problem is the usual one, they want a special extra deal. You speak of homophobia, lets talk about the real problem, and that would be HETROPHOBIA.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 34 of34
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••