Australia: Gay marriage tops federal poll issue

Aug 13, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Asian Correspondent

Prime Minister and Australian Labor Party Leader Kevin Rudd promised that a re-elected Government under Labor will put forward a bill that will legalise marriage equality within 100 days.

Comments
1 - 20 of 34 Comments Last updated Aug 15, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

Who cares?

There are a lot more important issues affecting this country those fool politicians should be presenting policy for instead of trying to buy poofter votes.
hey

Kostroma, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

Hes just sucking up to the UN and the pedophile greens party.

Once poof marriage is the norm, pedophilia will be the next frontier.
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

maybe the date punchers will deliver a victory for Kevin.
Good Aussies

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

Phaggots stole the rainbow.

I used to like rainbows, but now when I see one it reminds me of phaggots.

I even had to throw away my rainbow colored beach towel incase people thought I was a phaggot at the beach.
Goats milk

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

The topic of homosexual marriage is as dry as a nuns tit, I m voting Abbott, Rudd is just doing the old election promises bull, the irresponsible spending and stuff ups from labor must stop.
White Pooooo

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

And it should, this is the greatest moral challenge of our times. At least they don't have babies. So that is pleasing and in some time the whole race would be extinct. What a great idea.
White Pooooo

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

SouthWesterner wrote:
Since when does butt plug marriage matter so much that it needs to be the issue that decides an election? It doesn't even make sense.
You have no clue, do you? The earth is over populated. So more gays the better.
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Funny new name for a turdskin Alex !.....(lol).....are you trying to pass yourself off as a white turdskin now ?.....dopey poofta

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

Good Aussies wrote:
Phaggots stole the rainbow.
I used to like rainbows, but now when I see one it reminds me of phaggots.
I even had to throw away my rainbow colored beach towel incase people thought I was a phaggot at the beach.
Oh you poor BABY !

You should run right out and get yourself another beach towel that says, "I'm a slave to what other people think".

And get another one that says, "I can't be happy unless other people aren't."

It's TIME, poor baby.

It's time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Take a lesson from your Kiwi neighbors:

Celebrate the increase of freedom in the world.
La toya

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you poor BABY !
You should run right out and get yourself another beach towel that says, "I'm a slave to what other people think".
And get another one that says, "I can't be happy unless other people aren't."
It's TIME, poor baby.
It's time.
Take a lesson from your Kiwi neighbors:
Celebrate the increase of freedom in the world.
oh no you didnt girlfriend!!
ignorance is bliss

Seven Hills, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

What federal poll?

Most people I know feel there are far more important issues to address.

Like the 2.2 billion dollar per annum illegal immigrant issue.

Like Labor's web of lies and corruption.

Like the HUGE deficit Labor has inflicted upon this country.

Like health; transport; education; public infrastructure; cost of living; aged care; disability...
On Dole

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

ignorance is bliss wrote:
What federal poll?
Like Labor's web of lies and corruption.
Like health; transport; education; public infrastructure; cost of living; aged care; disability...
We know the trick, talk about homo marriage? Who wouldn't love to have 2 husbands and 2 wives. It's Labor_Love. It's all about love, moving forward and whatever crap that may be. labor's a trick or 2.
United

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

So sick of hearing about gay rights this gay rights that - being gay is not a celebration you don't get to have different program's promoting your lifestyle! It's not illegal it is tolerated many people have a gay relative in their family and love and accept the person but what I don't want it shoved down my throat at every opportunity as us now happening -
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

What federal poll?

Its freely acknowledged by all thinking people that the $2.2 billion for refugees is almost revenue neutral , and has the best chance of reducing costs , the better it works.....(lol).........it's also widely accepted that the deficit is well within our means to manage comfortably and far better than the Liberal plan to inflict maximum pain on workers , and drag us into recession inside of 6 months. The other issues you mentioned , well , only one party has their policies out there for all to see , and that's the ALP..........the Libs have a few nasty little secrets it seems......(lol)
ignorance is bliss

Seven Hills, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

On Dole wrote:
<quoted text>
We know the trick, talk about homo marriage? Who wouldn't love to have 2 husbands and 2 wives. It's Labor_Love. It's all about love, moving forward and whatever crap that may be. labor's a trick or 2.
Krudd's the worst media whore in political history.

He was against gay marriage time and time again, but a lackey must have told him it could be a 'polarising' issue amongst a particular demographic.

The one true thing Krudd is devoted to, his ambition.

I think he is the phoniest politician in Australian political history.
On Dole

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

United wrote:
So sick of hearing about gay rights this gay rights that - being gay is not a celebration you don't get to have different program's promoting your lifestyle! It's not illegal it is tolerated many people have a gay relative in their family and love and accept the person but what I don't want it shoved down my throat at every opportunity as us now happening -
Not sure what your problem is. Gays are about love, that rainbow flag, feathers, flotilla... Australia is already polluted. What we need is pure white sand beaches and less people but more gays. We should cut down to 1 million straights and 22 million gays. What do you think folks? I think it is a great plan. It's about love, tolerance and most importantly rainbow.
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Krudd's the worst media whore in political history.
He was against gay marriage time and time again, but a lackey must have told him it could be a 'polarising' issue amongst a particular demographic.
Its called good strategy....(lol)....there is one very important and overriding fact here = Australians will suffer under an Abbott government.....and Australia WILL be in recession with 6 months of Abbott being elected....there is nothing surer than that.......it will be the Queensland scenario all over again.....there would be another Costello style post election dodgy audit , and then the pain begins , and believe me , it will hurt!
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

.....and I sincerely believe that no country should ever ever have a prime minister with ears as big as Toenail Abbott - it's just too embarrassing to contemplate.....have people forgotten Billie McMahon?
ignoranceisbliss

Seven Hills, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

Foo wrote:
<quoted text>Its freely acknowledged by all thinking people that the $2.2 billion for refugees is almost revenue neutral , and has the best chance of reducing costs , the better it works.....(lol).........it's also widely accepted that the deficit is well within our means to manage comfortably and far better than the Liberal plan to inflict maximum pain on workers , and drag us into recession inside of 6 months. The other issues you mentioned , well , only one party has their policies out there for all to see , and that's the ALP..........the Libs have a few nasty little secrets it seems......(lol)
Well, why not at that 2.2billion to Australia's net IIP liability position was $877.1b at 31 March 2013.

One day, my great, great, great grandkiddies just might be able enjoy not paying that off lol.

It's amazing how people forget what a fantastic place Liberal party left us in before the Krudd, Gillard, Krudd fiasco got hold of the purse.
It's amazing how some attest to how Krudd saved us from the GFC, but glaze over the MAMMOTH DEFICIT he built.
Speaking of nasty, how Krudd sleeps at night after not even doing a face to face with those who lost their sons in that pink batts disgusting farce is beyond me. How many fires has it also been now?
Not to mention all the taxpayer inspections of every single house who accessed that scheme.
I won't bother with the rest of the sheer waste that Australia was subjected too, nor the ongoing corruption and prosecutions of key Labor figures.
Hey Foo, I'm not an Abbott fan, I'm sick of the two major parties to be honest, but Labor has sunk politics to a new low as far as I'm concerned.
ignoranceisbliss

Seven Hills, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

Foo wrote:
.....and I sincerely believe that no country should ever ever have a prime minister with ears as big as Toenail Abbott - it's just too embarrassing to contemplate.....have people forgotten Billie McMahon?
Okay, I did laugh at that, but you DON'T find it funny to have a middle aged 'Milky Bar Kid' who reduced female attendants to tears if he is DARED brought a meal not to his liking?

BTW, you know how he put his son on the drop as "Digital Media adviser" and you know how Krudd is slugging the smokers of Australia big time (I don't smoke btw),didn't you find it quietly funny that said son had his fb photo of him laughing it up with a big fat cigar stuck in his mouth?
Mind you, with Mummy having made her millions with Labor government contracts from the 80's, guess the tax won't hurt him much.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••