Buford Middle School Teacher to Run for Cville Council

Melvin Grady will announce his run for council Tuesday evening. He's a Democratic candidate vying for one of two open seats this November. Full Story
pete

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Mar 25, 2013
Mr.Grady hopefully you have your priorities straight if elected. Lord knows no one else on City Council does.
Moi

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Mar 25, 2013
Mr. Grady was one of my track coaches in high school. He's a compassionate, humble man with a solid moral compass. All-around awesome guy. I can only assume these traits would make him an excellent city councilor. Hope he wins! We need sensible people in touch with reality on the council.
DirtKicker

Washington, DC

#3 Mar 25, 2013
Mr. Grady was my 9th grade algebra teacher at Albemarle High School. He is an awesome person and I wish the best for him. I just hope that he keeps the priorities straight.
CONGRATS

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Mar 25, 2013
Mr. Grady, just remember you can't PLEASE EVERYONE. There will always be one who disagree.
Jeanne

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Mar 25, 2013
It is with a sense of pride to see our graduates from Greenbrier Elementary do well with paths chosen as adults that will serve the greater good. How wonderful that he has chosen to become a teacher and mentor of young people in our public schools! His known work ethic will continue to serve him well!
Townie

Palmyra, VA

#6 Mar 25, 2013
Not a Democrat or a resident, but Mr. Grady can't be any worse than the Goons already on City Clowncil. So, I guess he'd be an improvement!!

Good luck sir.
Spending Monster

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Mar 25, 2013
Hold on to your wallets! A teacher on the council?!?! He is going to spend like a Fluvanna drunk!
George S

Hartselle, AL

#9 Mar 26, 2013
Government people are addicted to government.
diamonds

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Mar 26, 2013
went to school with Mr. Grady.....a good man for the job!
no one cares

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Mar 27, 2013
Total conflict of interest. Should be illegal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man takes legal action after Denver baker refus... 44 min NorCal Native 718
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr NoahLovesU 29,196
Elvis Presley's sex secrets exposed 1 hr Astute Observer 13
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 3 hr dee lightful 438
Sarah Palin and her onetime fans on the right: ... 3 hr spud 209
Ala judges weighing whether to perform same-sex... 4 hr Belle Sexton 11
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 7 hr Need Help 31,771
More from around the web