Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16102 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#17892 Aug 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
If xians would stop trying to rewrite the Bible, they'd all be Jewish...
You're Jewish?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17893 Aug 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
That, and the fact that we don't see any giants running around eating people, which also proves that Thor is real.
Now THAT one was particularly good.

ROFL.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17894 Aug 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why such chicken sh/t tip toeing around what it created?
Smile.
The Law of Moses created many problems for those who attempted to follow it. Still does today. Ask any Jewish person. I have. One answer was, "I do the best I can." Another said, "I tried, but now I realize that doing mitzvah is the most important. So I try to help other people more."

Mitzvah:

In its primary meaning, the Hebrew word mitzvah ("commandment", &#1502;&#1460;&#15 10;&#1456;&#1493;& #1464;&#1492;,[mit&#86 5;s&#712;va], Biblical: mi&#7779;wah; plural &#1502;&#1460;&#15 10;&#1456;&#1493;& #1493;&#1465;&#1514; mitzvot [mit&#865;s&#712;vot], Biblical: mi&#7779;woth; from &#1510;&#1460;&#14 93;&#1464;&#1468;& #1492; &#7779;iwwah "command") refers to precepts and commandments as commanded by God. It is a word used in Judaism to refer to the 613 commandments given in the Torah (at Mount Sinai, where all the Jews accepted the Torah, saying "We will do, and we will listen") and the seven rabbinic commandments instituted later for a total of 620. According to the teachings of Judaism, all moral laws are, or are derived from, divine commandments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitzvah

Good luck with the 613 laws and statutes Smirky.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#17895 Aug 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what was created from Greek mythology.
Smile.
Democracy. Drama and literature that serve as the backbone of the written arts. Sculptures that changed the artform forever. Architecture and engineering advances that led to styles that persist thousands of years later. You know, that.

Does that make Zeus real?
Thinking

UK

#17896 Aug 3, 2013
Then add in the Roman achievements and you can get some idea of what christianity destroyed.

The end of Rome christians are analogous to the Taliban.
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Democracy. Drama and literature that serve as the backbone of the written arts. Sculptures that changed the artform forever. Architecture and engineering advances that led to styles that persist thousands of years later. You know, that.

Location hidden

#17897 Aug 3, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The Law of Moses created many problems for those who attempted to follow it. Still does today. Ask any Jewish person. I have. One answer was, "I do the best I can." Another said, "I tried, but now I realize that doing mitzvah is the most important. So I try to help other people more."
Mitzvah:
In its primary meaning, the Hebrew word mitzvah ("commandment", &#1502;&#1460;&#15 10;&#1456;&#1493;& #1464;&#1492;,[mit&#86 5;s&#712;va], Biblical: mi&#7779;wah; plural &#1502;&#1460;&#15 10;&#1456;&#1493;& #1493;&#1465;&#1514; mitzvot [mit&#865;s&#712;vot], Biblical: mi&#7779;woth; from &#1510;&#1460;&#14 93;&#1464;&#1468;& #1492; &#7779;iwwah "command") refers to precepts and commandments as commanded by God. It is a word used in Judaism to refer to the 613 commandments given in the Torah (at Mount Sinai, where all the Jews accepted the Torah, saying "We will do, and we will listen") and the seven rabbinic commandments instituted later for a total of 620. According to the teachings of Judaism, all moral laws are, or are derived from, divine commandments.
Only if one defines "Jewish/Judaism" as meaning Pharisaic Judaism.

Karaites have a different take.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#17898 Aug 3, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Then add in the Roman achievements and you can get some idea of what christianity destroyed.
<quoted text>
You're going to give KiMerde a headache, still denies the atrocities that took place during the crusades.

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Terra Australis

#17899 Aug 3, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
That's probably true. It certainly set us back a couple of millennia.

The world is still recovering.

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Terra Australis

#17900 Aug 3, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to give KiMerde a headache, still denies the atrocities that took place during the crusades.
Excellent! Now, who's the one in denial?!

ROFL

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17901 Aug 3, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitzvah:
And yet, the tiny Jewish culture survives and stands head and shoulders above any other.

How do you explain that?

Smile.

Location hidden

#17902 Aug 3, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice gay twirl.

Greeks accepted all gods.

You seek to attribute things that had nothing to do with those gods. Especially one expression.

In fact, the literature about those god's only expose the frailties of human nature.

Moreover, Greek mythology was a blip in human history time.

But keep trying...

Location hidden

#17903 Aug 3, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's probably true. It certainly set us back a couple of millennia.
The world is still recovering.
Girls, girls, girls, the Western CHRISTIAN world has led the way in human achievement.

Keep trying...

Location hidden

#17904 Aug 3, 2013
Marriage unites humanities' past and future in the present.
An ordered flow of life.

Ss couples are a defective aberration of nature.
A momentary blip in time.
An orientation that serves no purpose and has no future

Location hidden

#17905 Aug 3, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if one defines "Jewish/Judaism" as meaning Pharisaic Judaism.
Karaites have a different take.
Very true. It is hard to avoid stereotypes but my point was that even those who follow the Hebrew Scripture do so with great difficulty unless they become slaves to it as the most Orthodox do.

Location hidden

#17906 Aug 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Girls, girls, girls, the Western CHRISTIAN world has led the way in human achievement.
Keep trying...
Ancient Greece was the most advanced place in the world prior Christianity. Keep trying Smirks.

Location hidden

#17907 Aug 3, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ancient Greece was the most advanced place in the world prior Christianity. Keep trying Smirks.
And the Babylonians before them. The Egyptians before that.

The fact is, Christianity has ruled over the most profound growth of knowledge in all human history. The exact opposite of what you claimed.

Location hidden

#17914 Aug 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is, Christianity has ruled over the most profound growth of knowledge in all human history. The exact opposite of what you claimed.
Einstein was probably one of the most brilliant minds of the 20th century. Einstein was NOT Christian.

Location hidden

#17915 Aug 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, but welcome to another of your many delusions.

Location hidden

#17917 Aug 3, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true. It is hard to avoid stereotypes but my point was that even those who follow the Hebrew Scripture do so with great difficulty unless they become slaves to it as the most Orthodox do.
Again, Pharisee-ism.

Time to trot out this one again>>>

Location hidden

#17919 Aug 3, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein was probably one of the most brilliant minds of the 20th century. Einstein was NOT Christian.
Never said he was, but he was in the Western world, and he had a Jewish heritage. You know, all those laws that the Alien predicted would make the Jews a profound culture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 25 min WeTheSheeple 786
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 40 min Mark 52,063
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 3 hr MORMON HUMAN RIGH... 6,570
News Oregon issues final order in gay wedding cake case 12 hr Sneaky Pete 8
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 22 hr Jaimie 450
News End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation ... Thu Wondering 76
News Who's That Toy Boy Madonna? Wed Waldo Simmons 1
More from around the web