Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17872 Jul 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
God is an extraterrestrial being, hence 'Alien'. No fantasy, just a simple fact.
<quoted text>
YOU accepted the premise that God existed by questioning my description of Him as an Alien.
Under that premise, God is an Alien.
You have not established that God even exists, much less that God is any kind of being, so to speak.

False. I never accepted that God exists as anything tangible. God is conceived in the minds of man. There are numerous arguments both for and against the existence of God but none qualify as being factual using any type of readily verifiable, non-ontological evidence. Therefore I must reject your notion that God is an Alien. In fact, from a mystical point of view, calling God an Alien is heresy. God exists in all as the Holy Spirit. Nice work. You have rejected both the teachings of the Lord and the Holy Spirit by saying that God is Alien.

Location hidden

#17873 Jul 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never dispute that God's people failed to submit to the theocracy.
Heaven is identified as the primary residence of God.
Where is Heaven? You speak of Heaven as a tangible place.

Location hidden

#17874 Jul 13, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if someone questions the premise that bigfoot exists, that's an admission that bigfoot exists?
You seriously have no idea how logic works. Little wonder that you think "Bible says it, I believe it, that settles it!" is a compelling argument.
Exactly. That was a good example of the circular reasoning fallacy.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17875 Jul 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly stupid.
You 'interpret' that Jesus referred to Moses and the Law in a negative sense. It not only violates later statements by Jesus about the Law, it violates the context of the passage.
Limited divorce was instruction on dealing with the failure of man to follow perfection. The Pharisees attempted to excuse even greater failure (as you are also attempting). Jesus simply drew it back to perfection (a man and a woman united for life as one), and clarified the exception (adultery).
He also clarified that sexual activity is limited to expression within the marriage of a man and woman.
Just as I said. The Pharisaical and Juridical mind ignores it in favor of rule mongering.

The Mosaic text clearly states that all that precedes it in the record is of divine origin, which also includes clear statements to not add or subtract to these laws in the slightest. Yeshua clearly states that Moses made some of those laws up (for whatever reason). This violates the proscription against doing so.

It appears that Moses hit the rock twice on more than one occasion.

The question becomes, "How many times?"

Location hidden

#17876 Jul 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never dispute that God's people failed to submit to the theocracy.
Heaven is identified as the primary residence of God.
An achronal transilient needs no "place".

“Da Imp”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#17877 Jul 13, 2013
It doesn't matter what religion you are, or what crutch (church) you go to, or anything else. SIMPLY PUT: Follow the golden rule. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Kindness goes a long way. People are people and will always be people, you will find some you agree with and those you do not. Either way, we're here to share this earth together ... we don't have room to be so judgmental.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17878 Jul 13, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if someone questions the premise that bigfoot exists, that's an admission that bigfoot exists?
You seriously have no idea how logic works. Little wonder that you think "Bible says it, I believe it, that settles it!" is a compelling argument.
You didn't question whether God existed, you questioned whether He was an Alien or not.
I don't expect logic or character from you.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#17879 Jul 13, 2013
selenatlantis wrote:
It doesn't matter what religion you are, or what crutch (church) you go to, or anything else. SIMPLY PUT: Follow the golden rule. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Kindness goes a long way. People are people and will always be people, you will find some you agree with and those you do not. Either way, we're here to share this earth together ... we don't have room to be so judgmental.
Wouldn't it be nice...

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#17880 Jul 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't question whether God existed, you questioned whether He was an Alien or not.
I don't expect logic or character from you.
Ah, I gotcha. So, if someone questions your interpretation...say, of the Bible...that's a concession that the Bible story in question is true. That makes much more sense. Boy, you got me that time!

Location hidden

#17881 Jul 14, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I gotcha. So, if someone questions your interpretation...say, of the Bible...that's a concession that the Bible story in question is true. That makes much more sense. Boy, you got me that time!
Don't be so subtle.

Try replacing the variable "bible" with "Alice in Wonderland".

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#17883 Aug 2, 2013
Sigh, it has been a while since I have been able to check back in on this thread. I am surprised that there are only 800 posts to read for me to catch up

#17884 Aug 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
I never called the God of the Bible a liar,
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You just come as close as you can without doing so.
Silly, ignorant child, I have far too much fun sticking to the exact truth of what the Bible really says. I leave the lying to xians like you.

#17885 Aug 2, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
If gays would stop trying to re-write the Bible it wouldn't be so controversial.
If xians would stop trying to rewrite the Bible, they'd all be Jewish...

#17886 Aug 2, 2013
Kami Sureiya wrote:
<quoted text>
Thunder and lightning therefore Zeus and Thor are PROVEN.
That, and the fact that we don't see any giants running around eating people, which also proves that Thor is real.

Location hidden

#17887 Aug 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is a theocracy.
The behavior you describe is one that was judged. What it proves is the inherent brokenness/depravity of man, an inability to even follow a perfect law spelled out.
<quoted text>
For it's time, yes.
You are confusing the expression of that Law through broken humans with the principles it espouses.
Example; If we termed science as your god, how faithful are you in following what it has determined? Your brokenness is exposed.
Keep in mind, science has determined
The Law of Moses was crap then, it is now just like your straw man argument.

Location hidden

#17888 Aug 2, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The Law of Moses was crap then, it is now just like your straw man argument.
Then why such chicken sh/t tip toeing around what it created?

Smile.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#17889 Aug 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why such chicken sh/t tip toeing around what it created?
Smile.
Look at what was created because of Greek mythology. Does that make Zeus real? If not, of what relevance is your argument?

Location hidden

#17890 Aug 2, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at what was created because of Greek mythology. Does that make Zeus real? If not, of what relevance is your argument?
Just what was created from Greek mythology.

Smile.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#17891 Aug 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Silly, ignorant child, I have far too much fun sticking to the exact truth of what the Bible really says. I leave the lying to xians like you.
LOL! You are a Biblical illiterate!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#17892 Aug 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
If xians would stop trying to rewrite the Bible, they'd all be Jewish...
You're Jewish?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-speaker Andrew Scheer announces Conservative... 2 hr KellyLeech Transg... 1
News Newly released court documents cast doubt on Gi... (Dec '11) 13 hr Herbert Walker 32
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) Tue Here is what I 36,041
News 4 responses to Tim Kaine's claims about Genesis... Mon Trump s Birtherex... 3
News Woman breaks up with fiance 3 weeks before wedd... Sep 26 andet1987 6
News Molly Olson: Change Minnesota law to support 'e... (Feb '11) Sep 25 QBY 26
News Religious Voters May Lean Republican, But Feel ... Sep 25 BabyDoll 4
More from around the web