Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#17647 Jul 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of scoffers like you won't care until they come for you. And they will. Then you will care.
Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
All the Bible quotes in the world won't get you out of Hades.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#17648 Jul 5, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
All the Bible quotes in the world won't get you out of Hades.
But they will make you accountable on Judgment Day.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17649 Jul 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel was dead and is alive because Jesus was dead and is alive. This is the terminal generation. Some living in 1967 will NEVER die.
“this generation”
Luke 21:32 (NKJV)
32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.
So much for Biblical Prophesy huh?

"This Generation" came and went almost 2000 years ago my friend.

Location hidden

#17650 Jul 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
But they will make you accountable on Judgment Day.
What makes you think Judgment Day is an singular event my simple minded friend?

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17651 Jul 5, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
So much for Biblical Prophesy huh?
"This Generation" came and went almost 2000 years ago my friend.
No it didn't. Israel was re-born in 1948.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17652 Jul 5, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think Judgment Day is an singular event my simple minded friend?
Each of us will have a "day of judgment".

Matthew 12:36 (NKJV)
36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in THE DAY OF JUDGMENT.

Location hidden

#17653 Jul 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No it didn't. Israel was re-born in 1948.
Nonsense. Jesus did the same thing by using scripture. There is nothing prophetic about either. In order to meet the true definition of prophesy, the individuals fulfilling prophesy would have no knowledge of the prophesy. The Zionist birth of Israel has nothing to do with what was written in Hebrew Scripture. I'll leave such prophesization to superstitious believers in mythology like you my simple minded friend.

Location hidden

#17654 Jul 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in THE DAY OF JUDGMENT.
You didn't answer the question. Is it a singular event like the tribulation and rapture?

ROTFLMAO

Location hidden

#17655 Jul 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus also said don't worry about tomorrow. Why should we worry about an event taking place in the future?

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17656 Jul 5, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Jesus did the same thing by using scripture. There is nothing prophetic about either. In order to meet the true definition of prophesy, the individuals fulfilling prophesy would have no knowledge of the prophesy. The Zionist birth of Israel has nothing to do with what was written in Hebrew Scripture. I'll leave such prophesization to superstitious believers in mythology like you my simple minded friend.
Israel is back. This is the terminal generation, whether you believe it or not.

“this generation”

32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17657 Jul 5, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question. Is it a singular event like the tribulation and rapture?
ROTFLMAO
Irrelevant.

2 Corinthians 5:10-11 (NKJV)
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men;

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17658 Jul 5, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus also said don't worry about tomorrow. Why should we worry about an event taking place in the future?
That was ONLY for Christians. The rest should WORRY!

Matthew 24:21 (NKJV)
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.

The time is at hand.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#17659 Jul 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
If the Book is right dear, we will, you included. But if the Book is right, you and your certainty are certainly in trouble. You just keep praying that God hates what you imagine our sins to be as much as you would want Him to. I'm sure he appreciates it.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#17660 Jul 5, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>If the Book is right dear, we will, you included. But if the Book is right, you and your certainty are certainly in trouble. You just keep praying that God hates what you imagine our sins to be as much as you would want Him to. I'm sure he appreciates it.
Your unBiblical opinion rejected.

Mk 16 he who believeth not shall be DAMNED.

Location hidden

#17661 Jul 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant.
2 Corinthians 5:10-11 (NKJV)
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men;
Paul's opinion relevant? What makes Paul's opinion of any value?

Location hidden

#17662 Jul 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
That was ONLY for Christians. The rest should WORRY!
Matthew 24:21 (NKJV)
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
The time is at hand.
If you have a mystical explanation I would be interested. In the absence of mystical context, this is nothing more than a fairy tale.

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#17663 Jul 5, 2013
AcelibateGayChristian wrote:
The gay community will certainly use gay marriage as a way to harass any religious denominations that refuse to support them. It is religious persecution, sanctioned by the secular left in 2009.
Well this is load of crock. Marriage is a state license issued by the secular community. Why it impacts churches is just more of their false "persecution" they love to spread

Location hidden

#17664 Jul 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>

The time is at hand.
Failed End Times Predictions:

Here are 10 that didn't pan out, so far:

The Prophet Hen of Leeds, 1806

History has countless examples of people who have proclaimed that the return of Jesus Christ is imminent, but perhaps there has never been a stranger messenger than a hen in the English town of Leeds in 1806. It seems that a hen began laying eggs on which the phrase "Christ is coming" was written. As news of this miracle spread, many people became convinced that doomsday was at hand — until a curious local actually watched the hen laying one of the prophetic eggs and discovered someone had hatched a hoax.

[End of the World? Top Doomsday Fears]

The Millerites, April 23, 1843

A New England farmer named William Miller, after several years of very careful study of his Bible, concluded that God's chosen time to destroy the world could be divined from a strict literal interpretation of scripture. As he explained to anyone who would listen, the world would end some time between March 21, 1843 and March 21, 1844. He preached and published enough to eventually lead thousands of followers (known as Millerites) who decided that the actual date was April 23, 1843. Many sold or gave away their possessions, assuming they would not be needed; though when April 23 arrived (but Jesus didn't) the group eventually disbanded—some of them forming what is now the Seventh Day Adventists.

Mormon Armageddon, 1891 or earlier

Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormon church, called a meeting of his church leaders in February 1835 to tell them that he had spoken to God recently, and during their conversation he learned that Jesus would return within the next 56 years, after which the End Times would begin promptly.

Halley's Comet, 1910

In 1881, an astronomer discovered through spectral analysis that comet tails include a deadly gas called cyanogen (related, as the name imples, to cyanide). This was of only passing interest until someone realized that Earth would pass through the tail of Halley's comet in 1910. Would everyone on the planet be bathed in deadly toxic gas? That was the speculation reprinted on the front pages of "The New York Times" and other newspapers, resulting in a widespread panic across the United States and abroad. Finally even-headed scientists explained that there was nothing to fear.

Pat Robertson, 1982

In May 1980, televangelist and Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson startled and alarmed many when — contrary to Matthew 24:36 ("No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven...") he informed his "700 Club" TV show audience around the world that he knew when the world would end. "I guarantee you by the end of 1982 there is going to be a judgment on the world," Robertson said.

Heaven's Gate, 1997

When comet Hale-Bopp appeared in 1997, rumors surfaced that an alien spacecraft was following the comet — covered up, of course, by NASA and the astronomical community. Though the claim was refuted by astronomers (and could be refuted by anyone with a good telescope), the rumors were publicized on Art Bell's paranormal radio talk show "Coast to Coast AM." These claims inspired a San Diego UFO cult named Heaven's Gate to conclude that the world would end soon. The world did indeed end for 39 of the cult members, who committed suicide on March 26, 1997.

Nostradamus, August 1999

The heavily obfuscated and metaphorical writings of Michel de Nostrdame have intrigued people for over 400 years. His writings, the accuracy of which relies heavily upon very flexible interpretations, have been translated and re-translated in dozens of different versions. One of the most famous quatrains read, "The year 1999, seventh month / From the sky will come great king of terror." Many Nostradamus devotees grew concerned that this was the famed prognosticator's vision of Armageddon.

http://www.livescience.com/7926-10-failed-doo...

Location hidden

#17665 Jul 5, 2013
Continued

Y2K, Jan. 1, 2000

As the last century drew to a close, many people grew concerned that computers might bring about doomsday. The problem, first noted in the early 1970s, was that many computers would not be able to tell the difference between 2000 and 1900 dates. No one was really sure what that would do, but many suggested catastrophic problems ranging from vast blackouts to nuclear holocaust. Gun sales jumped and survivalists prepared to live in bunkers, but the new millennium began with only a few glitches.

May 5, 2000

In case the Y2K bug didn't do us in, global catastrophe was assured by Richard Noone, author of the 1997 book "5/5/2000 Ice: the Ultimate Disaster." According to Noone, the Antarctic ice mass would be three miles thick by May 5, 2000 — a date in which the planets would be aligned in the heavens, somehow resulting in a global icy death (or at least a lot of book sales). Perhaps global warming kept the ice age at bay.

God's Church Ministry, Fall 2008

According to God's Church minister Ronald Weinland, the end times are upon us-- again. His 2006 book "2008: God's Final Witness" states that hundreds of millions of people will die, and by the end of 2006, "there will be a maximum time of two years remaining before the world will be plunged into the worst time of all human history. By the fall of 2008, the United States will have collapsed as a world power, and no longer exist as an independent nation." As the book notes, "Ronald Weinland places his reputation on the line as the end-time prophet of God."

http://www.livescience.com/7926-10-failed-doo...

Why should anyone believe you?

Location hidden

#17666 Jul 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel is back. This is the terminal generation, whether you believe it or not.
“this generation”
Prove it using readily verifiable non-ontological evidence. Sorry, the Bible doesn't qualify as such.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 hr DEP 6,822
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 4 hr ilovecars 31,999
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals she's ... Fri Latter Day Taints 2
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals shea s... Fri Cordwainer Trout 1
News Intimidation allegations mar Ontario PC candida... Fri nasty bunch 1
News MIA gay marriage heroes Thu The Troll Stopper 4
News Bar patrons keep drinking during armed robbery Jun 22 cantread 3
More from around the web