Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
13,941 - 13,960 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013
hallelujah

Harrisonburg, VA

#15691 May 24, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>More like enjoying the fun in catching yet another self-professed good Christian just sinning his rear end off.
No that's a lie. You are only interested in bullying God loving heterosexuals.
hallelujah

Harrisonburg, VA

#15692 May 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The fun will end when you are cast into eternal Hell fire.
Rom 1 "God gave them up to VILE passions" "men with men"
I personally think, from what I have read, this Rick in Kansas person get enjoys bullying God loving heterosexuals like NorCal Native enjoys bullying Blacks.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#15693 May 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel is back from the dead. The Mark is stalking you. You have been warned. You will remember, FOREVER.
And lightning still rains down from the sky, so we know Zeus is alive and well. You have been warned. You will remember, FOREVER.

Everything you use to support God's existence is just as fallacious as everything I can use to support Zeus's existence. When you have some real evidence, you let us know. If post hoc rationalizations and ad baculum threats are all you have, you have nothing. But, who knows? Maybe you're just holding out on us, and you're saving the evidence for a rainy day. Weird, though, that so many Christians claim to have evidence, and not a single one actually presents any. It's almost as if they're full of shit. Could it be that simple?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#15694 May 24, 2013
hallelujah wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you a racist towards Blacks who are homosexuals?
Why are you gay?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#15695 May 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The fun will end when you are cast into eternal Hell fire.
Rom 1 "God gave them up to VILE passions" "men with men"
Why do you think presuppositional apologetics is an honest pursuit?

You never seem to manage to answer this question, though I know I've posed it to you many times. Do you not understand the big words, or are you just ashamed of your own dishonesty?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#15696 May 24, 2013
Stan53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignoring the truth is the sign of a brainwashed person. I already gave the word and it's connotation is clear, "MEN having sexual relations with MEN", just as depicted in Lev 18. Paul was writing to believers.
Your assertions about manuscripts is false, I can't be sure if it's deliberate or learned. You have NOT proved your assertions so there is no need for me to prove you wrong.
Anybody you thinks the "right" slot is where the body's garbage comes out is definitely screwed in the head. Jesus has an answer for your problem. REPENT!
What should a person do if their daughter is raped?

A: Have the attacker arrested and tried for rape
B: Accept payment from the attacker (because the girl is no longer a valuable commodity without her intact hymen) and marry her to the rapist

Only one of these is what a sane person should do. Only one of these is what your God says a sane person should do.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#15697 May 24, 2013
hallelujah wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure do come up with funny comments that have NOTHING to do with my original post......idiot!!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15698 May 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The joke's on you.
Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
Your interpretation of the Bible is of no interest to me. You are really funny though. I find you amusing to say the least.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Location hidden

#15700 May 24, 2013
NO SURPRISE

Sock puppeterring

Did I frustrate you that much on the other threads? You gotta come in here and try to intimidate others by throwing in a racial angle?
hallelujah wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#15701 May 24, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's much better reading asinine posts like yours......lol!!!
The only ASS I see is the one that responded to my post.

Location hidden

#15702 May 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Your interpretation of the Bible is of no interest to me. You are really funny though. I find you amusing to say the least.
Let's see how much you laugh when you stand in front of Jesus at His judgement seat.

The Bible has a LOT to say about fools like you.

Location hidden

#15703 May 24, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
What should a person do if their daughter is raped?
A: Have the attacker arrested and tried for rape
B: Accept payment from the attacker (because the girl is no longer a valuable commodity without her intact hymen) and marry her to the rapist
Only one of these is what a sane person should do. Only one of these is what your God says a sane person should do.
Do you have a daughter? Do you NOT know the law of the land?
The fact that you don't seem to know what the right answer is, I guess indicates you're insane!

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#15704 May 24, 2013
Stan53 wrote:
Let's see how much you laugh when you stand in front of Jesus at His judgement seat.
The Bible has a LOT to say about fools like you.
Of course, only if one believes in that kind of thing.
What ever will you do if the Jews of the Muslims have it right, and your beliefs are incorrect?

Location hidden

#15705 May 24, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>More like enjoying the fun in catching yet another self-professed good Christian just sinning his rear end off.
Looks like the ONLY one sinning here with their REAR is YOU Sweetie!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#15706 May 24, 2013
Stan53 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only Azz I see is the one that responded to my post.
That's funny given the shiet you post......lol!!!

Location hidden

#15707 May 24, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, only if one believes in that kind of thing.
What ever will you do if the Jews of the Muslims have it right, and your beliefs are incorrect?
I don't live in a world of "what ifs". I KNOW in whom I have believed. Can you say the same thing WITH real conviction?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#15708 May 24, 2013
Stan53 wrote:
I don't live in a world of "what ifs". I KNOW in whom I have believed. Can you say the same thing WITH real conviction?
Absolutely, I believe in facts and science, and could not endorse any one religion, particularly if it doesn't allow for the possibility that it is wrong. I believe that it is possible that there is a God, but not certain.

My question still stands, what if your beliefs are wrong?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#15709 May 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Give me one example of polygamy in the OT where there is not a contention between wives.
Not relevant. The question of whether or not polygamy is a good idea is completely different from the fact that polygamy was a regular part of life for those Biblical patriarchs.
KiMare wrote:
The only thing clearly shown about David and Jonathan is if you were able to accuse them to their face, the discussion would be brief.
Smile.
Yes, it would be brief. They would say "Yes. Why is it even a question when Samuel clearly wrote about it?"

Location hidden

#15710 May 24, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny given the shiet you post......lol!!!
As an a$$ you would know $hite I guess. Stop projecting.

Location hidden

#15711 May 24, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely, I believe in facts and science, and could not endorse any one religion, particularly if it doesn't allow for the possibility that it is wrong. I believe that it is possible that there is a God, but not certain.
My question still stands, what if your beliefs are wrong?
Asked and answered. My God is the same God as the Muslims and Jews. They just rejected God's provision. He ALONE is GOD and Jesus ALONE is His provision.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 15 min RevKen 24,878
In the shade: Shade Redondo under construction ... 1 hr Veronica 2
3 states, plaintiffs want Supreme Court to hear... 1 hr nhjeff 4
Refusal to sell wedding gowns to lesbian couple... 2 hr TomInElPaso 151
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Duane Mills 49,476
Together 48 years, couple fights NC marriage ban 5 hr may 5
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 6 hr Wondering Why 31,195
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••