Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#15489 May 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not an either/or question. One can be either or neither.
More avoidance. Seems you like to troll but never answer questions.

:loser:

Location hidden

#15490 May 21, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>So you pray, but no. <quoted text>It's not my fault that you don't like my response dear, it's the one you get. <quoted text>You'd better write it down hon, I've seen what you are passing off as your mind at work.
Mental note = RIK is a troll.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15491 May 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything we do for beauty, admiring it, duplicating it, speaking of it, all set us apart from the rest of natural creation, and testify to the fact that we are made in GodÂ’s image, which means there is a God, for how do we explain the explosion of beauty in creation without God?
What does the phase God's image actually mean?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#15492 May 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does. That is why you wouldn't be saying there what you are saying here.
Idiot.
Smile.
Our Constitution (which is based on Enlightenment principles) is what allows that, not Christianity nor its validity.

Speaking against Judaism and, later, Christianity was once punishable with imprisonment, if not death, too.

What makes faith in Jesus and the Bible valid and faith in Mohammed and the Koran invalid?

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#15493 May 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but the violent analizing of another person is a sin.
He said nothing violent or analytical about the person he was replying to in his comment.
Whereas you, on the other hand, jumped in posting soley to indulge in the recreational vandalism of the relevance he was discussing.
And by the way,..... calling others "idiot" just makes it all the more conspicuous that you grotesquesly over-estimate your own intellectual proficiency.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#15494 May 21, 2013
Stan53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you need to learn a thing or two about messianic prophesy.
Tell you what: as soon as you can tell us how "Immanuel" gets spelled "Y-E-S-H-U-A," you can talk to us about prophecies.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#15495 May 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say that doing anything with violence is most likely a sin...
Nah.

Bashing children's heads against rocks? Not a sin.
Stoning people to death? Not a sin.
Genocide? Not a sin.
Running pregnant women through with swords to ensure the death of the baby inside? Not a sin.
Getting someone drunk so you can have sex with them? Not a sin.
Driving a nail through the ear of your slave (slavery is also cool with God) to mark him permanently as your property? Not a sin.

Oh, God just has a major hard-on for violence. Isn't interesting how the gods of nomadic sheep-herding societies tended to be that way? Meanwhile, the gods of agrarian societies tended to be more about fertility and harmony. And, as societies progressed and violence became an aberration rather than a tolerated aspect of relationships (it's now ILLEGAL to beat your wife or to rape her, which wasn't even a thing until recently), the violence that the Abrahamic God was so big on suddenly started becoming anathema to the idea of God? All that "God is love" crap didn't start until the 20th century. Before then, God wasn't love. All that Jesus hippie shit was popularized with the advent of the global society, enabled by telephones and television.

But, what do I know? I'll leave it to the know-it-all liars for Jesus to tell us what God is really all about.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#15496 May 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't.
Even if it did, anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Smile.
Is wearing a little beanie demeaning?

Is wearing a burqa demeaning?

Is wearing a big pointy hat demeaning?

It's only demeaning if you decide it is.

Sodomy, including oral sex, was once judge inherently harmful, unhealthy, and demeaning by religious groups. Was that true? Hell, religious groups still claim that condoms spread HIV. Is that true? Why should anybody in their right mind take sexual advice from religious institutions, when they've got every incentive to lie and little incentive (beyond having any intellectual integrity) to tell the truth?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#15497 May 21, 2013
Stan53 wrote:
Mental note = RIK is a troll.
If that's the way you want to feel about me, go right ahead, but I should tell you that your impression of me is a heck of a lot better than the one I have of you.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#15498 May 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't.
Smile.
Your Bible doesn't endorse slavery? REALLY?

So, there aren't laws about who you can enslave, how much you can sell slaves for, and how to permanently mark your slaves? There aren't commands from God to enslave people from other societies? REALLY? Have you ever, I don't know, READ THE BIBLE? How is commanding people to enslave other people, and creating rules for slavery, not an endorsement of slavery?

If I command you to murder someone else, am I endorsing murder?

If President Obama commanded the Army to attack another country, is he endorsing that attack?

Seriously, do you smoke crack? You can't POSSIBLY be this stupid naturally.

Location hidden

#15499 May 21, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>If that's the way you want to feel about me, go right ahead, but I should tell you that your impression of me is a heck of a lot better than the one I have of you.
Tell it to someone who cares.

Location hidden

#15500 May 21, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>If that's the way you want to feel about me, go right ahead, but I should tell you that your impression of me is a heck of a lot better than the one I have of you.
I would call Stan's post a classic projection.

this one

#15501 May 21, 2013
Stan53 wrote:
Tell it to someone who cares.
Evidently, that would be you. You're the ONLY one who replied. You also confirmed my impression.

this one

#15502 May 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
I would call Stan's post a classic projection.
More like wishful thinking, he has to look up to see troll on the evolutionary ladder.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#15503 May 21, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Your bible endorses slavery, kiddiefucking and heterosexual rape but says consensual sex between people of the same sex is wrong.
That's why your bible is morally bankrupt.
<quoted text>
No it doesn't.

Yes, it does, and you're well aware that it does.

Location hidden

#15504 May 21, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>More like wishful thinking, he has to look up to see troll on the evolutionary ladder.
No doubt. He proves that Darwin was correct.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#15505 May 21, 2013
Q flat?
Stan53 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll make a mental note.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#15506 May 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does. That is why you wouldn't be saying there what you are saying here.
Idiot.
Smile.
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Constitution (which is based on Enlightenment principles) is what allows that, not Christianity nor its validity.
Speaking against Judaism and, later, Christianity was once punishable with imprisonment, if not death, too.
What makes faith in Jesus and the Bible valid and faith in Mohammed and the Koran invalid?
The Enlightenment principles were rooted in people having access to the Bible, establishing the dignity of all humanity.

Yes there have been brief and rare times where Judeo/Christianity was misused. That is a far cry from the endemic religious discrimination seen historically to this day in Islam.

Keep trying idiot.

Smile.

Location hidden

#15507 May 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad your "studies" failed to include the real world. Sexual orientation is genetic or epigenetic in nature, and is thus unchangeable at this time. Since it is unchangeable, it is ludicrous to think that it could be a sin. After all, the Bible clearly says that sin is avoidable, if one so chooses.

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but the violent analizing of another person is a sin.
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
He said nothing violent or analytical about the person he was replying to in his comment.
Whereas you, on the other hand, jumped in posting soley to indulge in the recreational vandalism of the relevance he was discussing.
And by the way,..... calling others "idiot" just makes it all the more conspicuous that you grotesquesly over-estimate your own intellectual proficiency.
He asserted that homosexuality was not a sin.

I simply pointed out that the violent, inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning act of anal sex (analizing ~ my term) was a moral violation of 'do no harm'. A sin.

Pointing out when someone says something stupid says nothing about me. I am a near senile old jackass with simple common sense.

Idiot.

Smile.

Location hidden

#15508 May 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't.
Smile.
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is wearing a little beanie demeaning?
Is wearing a burqa demeaning?
Is wearing a big pointy hat demeaning?
It's only demeaning if you decide it is.
Sodomy, including oral sex, was once judge inherently harmful, unhealthy, and demeaning by religious groups. Was that true? Hell, religious groups still claim that condoms spread HIV. Is that true? Why should anybody in their right mind take sexual advice from religious institutions, when they've got every incentive to lie and little incentive (beyond having any intellectual integrity) to tell the truth?
Oh sit on it.

If you want to confuse a septic system for a playground, and stick something up a poop chute, it only exposes a defect.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 3 hr Foxy is queer 58
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) 14 hr romyou_tx 129
News Kerryann Taylor Weds Matthew French (Mar '13) Wed Honest truth 4
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) Jun 29 Tre H 4,336
News The Latest: Trump says canceling Chicago rally ... Jun 28 Anonymous 1,729
News Nicole Kidman's priest says actress hopes one d... Jun 28 Anne Russell 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Jun 28 Levy Hater 31,925
More from around the web