Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
13,701 - 13,720 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Remember the demise of 'don't ask, don't tell'?
" men made up nearly 40 percent of the patients the VA treated last year for conditions connected to what it calls "military sexual trauma."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/20/
more-than-85000-veterans-treat ed-last-year-
over-alleged-military-sex-abus e/
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you agree that sexual abuse is an enormous problem in the military.
Yes, up 30% since the demise of DADT.

Idiot.

Smile.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>That does absolutely nothing to explain how there can be so many possible English translations and in fact, proves them impossible.[/quote]

I think it was very clear. Language has nothing to do with truth. Having multiple languages of the scriptures only means more people receive the truth of God. Having more English translations only means a better understanding on our part. The truth is the truth. Sorry you don't get that.

<quoted text>They are God's laws and commandments, where exactly do YOU get off telling HIM they are irrelevant to the "truth"? You have read the Bible haven't you? God says they are important, JESUS says they are important (He was teaching a better way of being Jewish, after all) and yet to you, not so much. Good luck with that one.[/quote]

I'm not telling Him anything, I'm telling you and others who are reading my post. Jesus was teaching a better way of following God, for ALL mankind, NOT just Jews.

<quoted text>Despite your absolute certainty to the contrary, EVERYTHING you choose to believe about God, YOUR choice, NOT HIS. You might be better at this if you had actually read the Book at some point instead of relying on others to tell you what's in it. You might have heard about free will at some point. It would be easier to explain to you how your beliefs are a prime example of free will in action.[/quote]

Of course it's my choice. That's how God made us, as free will beings. He also made us to respond to His drawing us to Him and His truth. When we accept Jesus, we accept the TRUTH, and in Him is all understanding. All we have to do is knock, ask and seek.
I rely ONLY on the Holy Spirit to make real to me what is in God's Word. My understanding is always followed by the Holy Spirit making it real.

<quoted text>I know figs from thistles.
You don't have to know them, they are self evident. Matthew 7:16

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
And why do you have faith in Jesus and the Bible?
And, why is your faith in Jesus and the Bible better than a Muslim's faith in Mohammed and the Koran?
Prove your Bible is true.
Good luck.
God gave me my faith and I chose to accept it.
Because God says it is.
I don't need to prove it, God already has.
Don't need luck, God takes care of us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it a coincidence that you're a Caucasian male in America and just so happen to be a Christian? Wouldn't it be just as big a coincidence if you were an Arab male in Saudi Arabia and just so happened to be a Muslim?
No.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're convinced of the Bible's truth by your faith in Jesus and the Bible. So, you're convinced that it's true because you believe it's true. How is that not exactly a circular argument?
Well if you actually understood your original comment you would know, but as you don't then you don't. Can't help you understand something you are obviously biased about NOT accepting.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Stan53 wrote:
You don't have to know them, they are self evident. Matthew 7:16
They are and what you have, not figs. You chose them, it isn't God's fault, despite your protestations to the contrary.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>They are and what you have, not figs. You chose them, it isn't God's fault, despite your protestations to the contrary.
Now I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you know what figs represent in the NT? Do you know what Matthew 21:18-22 is even about?

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

I'm well aware what Jesus was talking about and from my reading, you weren't listening. Typical, faith as vast as the ocean, but with all the depth of a teaspoon.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
I'm well aware what Jesus was talking about and from my reading, you weren't listening. Typical, faith as vast as the ocean, but with all the depth of a teaspoon.
It's worse then that, it's as small as a mustard seed.

That is why what you have isn't faith.

Smile.
Concerned Expat

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
How's that working out for you? Support for SSM continues to grow, in spite of your opinions.

Homophobia is growing faster than homosexuality. The future for homosexuals is loathing on Earth and Hell after death.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Open your eyes idiot.
Better yet, go to Saudi Arabia and ask them to legalize ss marriage.
Smile.
That doesn't explain why faith in Jesus and the Bible is valid and faith in Mohammed and the Koran is not.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

KiMare wrote:
It's worse then that, it's as small as a mustard seed.
That is why what you have isn't faith.
Smile.
Bunny, you might work on your reading/writing comprehension, because you just insulted the heck out of a fellow Christian with that one. Calling his faith as small as a mustard seed, tsk, tsk, tsk. I never claimed to have a faith, I was and you ended up, talking about his.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't explain why faith in Jesus and the Bible is valid and faith in Mohammed and the Koran is not.
Yes it does. That is why you wouldn't be saying there what you are saying here.

Idiot.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Bunny, you might work on your reading/writing comprehension, because you just insulted the heck out of a fellow Christian with that one. Calling his faith as small as a mustard seed, tsk, tsk, tsk. I never claimed to have a faith, I was and you ended up, talking about his.
You only confirm my evaluation of your faith. You may want to stick with denial, you don't understand faith, and you reject reality.

He clearly has all the faith necessary.

Smirk.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Stan53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is the same in ANY language, and is NOT effected by it. The written laws in the OT have nothing to do with truth. I don't pick and choose anything, God does. He now writes His truth on our hearts and minds, which is how He designed His New Covenant.
Hi, Stan. Good to see another Canadian. I don't think I have seen you before; at least not by that name (some here have multi names so it is hard to keep track).

We seem to have a lot of disagreements on Topix from Christians and former Christians (like myself) about what is Truth, or what parts of the Bible are important and what are not. We have some of the most prolific posters here that state that all of the Bible is the
Word of God, and none is to be changed.

Of course, we know that no one follows that these days, at least not in the west, because many of the commands in the OT would get one life in prison, or death in parts of the USA.

I am from a very Christian family, with ministers, and very active Christians amongst my immediate family.

I, however, in the past 20 years or so have become an atheist. If you already know me then there is no need to go further, because I have posted most of this, likely, several thousand times.

In regard to your above post, can you honestly say without any reservations that you 100% believe what you have posted?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
That is just equivocation and obfuscation. An actual relevant answer is lacking here. I'll make a mental note.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Stan. Good to see another Canadian. I don't think I have seen you before; at least not by that name (some here have multi names so it is hard to keep track).
We seem to have a lot of disagreements on Topix from Christians and former Christians (like myself) about what is Truth, or what parts of the Bible are important and what are not. We have some of the most prolific posters here that state that all of the Bible is the
Word of God, and none is to be changed.
Of course, we know that no one follows that these days, at least not in the west, because many of the commands in the OT would get one life in prison, or death in parts of the USA.
I am from a very Christian family, with ministers, and very active Christians amongst my immediate family.
I, however, in the past 20 years or so have become an atheist. If you already know me then there is no need to go further, because I have posted most of this, likely, several thousand times.
In regard to your above post, can you honestly say without any reservations that you 100% believe what you have posted?
Hey boooots.

I am new on Topix...still not sure if I'll stay here. Too many trolls IMHO.

Sorry to hear about your apostasy and I will offer a prayer for your spiritual sight.

I was born again in 1971 and have been a BIBLE believing Spirit filled Christian for over 42 years. I retired a few years ago and have been making a tour of Christian forums.

Yes, I can HONESTLY say I believe 100% in what I post.

I confirm as Paul did in 2 Timothy 1:12; [i][/b]I am not ashamed, for I know in whom I have trusted and I am fully convinced that he is able to guard my deposit until that day.[/b][/i]

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
God tells us we will give an account of every word. How will you do when you face Jesus? Oh, that's right. You don't believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Well, you will face Him anyway. There will be no place for you to hide. Try reading Revelation. Oh, that's right, you don't believe John either, correct?
Threats of my facing a false god do not worry me. I am not worried about being on Santa's naughty list, either.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Let's examine homosexuality graphically...
The sodomites (man on man) poke their dicks in each others ass. Putting one mans dick in another mans ass is not normal or natural.
"Natural" is defined by what appears in nature. Since EVERY species of mammal, and numerous avian species as well, all have demonstrated members engaged in same sex mating behavior, including life long pair bonds in those species that do such, homosexuality is quite obviously natural.
OldJG wrote:
Gee, that does not sound like God's plan does it? God's plan appears in Genesis 2:22, "And the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man."
Gee, God brought the woman to the man. God did not bring the man to the man.
Apparently, God misunderstood your instructions as to how He was supposed to do things.
OldJG wrote:
The lesbians poke their strap-ons in each others vagina and lick each other like lap dogs.
Gee, that does not sound like God's plan. Genesis 2:22, "And the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man."
God brought the woman to the man. God didn't bring the woman to a woman.
Let me see. Is there any doubt God made woman FOR the man. No. No doubt!
Wow! Imagine that. When creating a couple that He intended to breed and have children, God made them both heterosexual. Boy did He get lucky that neither was gay. Unless... maybe He planned for that? Maybe He made SURE that they both had straight genes. Naw. Couldn't be. God could not possibly have thought of that in advance...
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Still twisting scripture to justify your perversion?
The word for love used in II Samuel 1:26 is Strong's H160 - ahabah defined as follows:
1) love
a) human love for human object
1) of man toward man
2) of man toward himself
3) between man and woman
2) God's love to His people
This is NOT love in a sexual context. Example: I love chocolate. He loves oatmeal. They love to see the Cubs lose.
Do you get it now Mr. Pervert?
So, ahabah refers to the love of a man for a woman. No problem. I think that it is great for husbands to love their wives. And as you just pointed out, ahabah ALSO refers to men loving men, just like David loved his husband Johnathan. Since YOU just pointed this out, why do you continue to have a problem with this?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
A MUCH better question: Why do you keep calling God a liar?
Why do you? I am just going with what the Bible says. You are saying that the Bible lies when it warns people against false prophets.

Simple test: did Paul teach people to ignore the Laws in the Torah, including circumcision and food laws, yes or no?

If the answer is yes, then Paul was a false prophet, as defined in Deuteronomy. If the answer is no, then how do you explain all those comments in letters purportedly written by Paul?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••