Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
13,681 - 13,700 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
News flash, Stan.... you're not God.
Very astute Dusty. Glad you realize God doesn't need to post on forums, nor would he. He speaks to us by His Holy Spirit and His Word.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not convinced by circular arguments.
Actually that one is ONE direction, you just didn't understand it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
our will....
Correct!
We should be doing HIS WILL (God's will).
Yes! God will hold the individual responsible.
Again, SIN is an <<<ACT>>> committed 'by' the individual.
Or an act NOT committed, such as described in James 2.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

The one absolute truth is that there are no absolute truths. No matter how certain YOU are that God agrees with you, it's still HIS call, not yours.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
The one absolute truth is that there are no absolute truths. No matter how certain YOU are that God agrees with you, it's still HIS call, not yours.
What God says, IS absolute.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Stan53 wrote:
What God says, IS absolute.
Then how is it possible for there to be more than one English version of the Bible? If what God says is absolute, there shouldn't be more than one possible translation.

You claim that what God says is absolute and yet you pick and choose among the rules He set forth to live by. So much for that absolute, unless you are keeping ALL of the 600+ commandments in the Old and New Testaments.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "morals."
Define "endangers."
Allowing same-sex marriage does neither of these as far as I've seen. Please show us the evidence that same-sex marriage does these things. It's been around long enough for there to be evidence. Let's see it.
There is no such thing as ss 'marriage'. The fact that it is distinguished with words is proof alone that it is not the real thing.

It does not therefore matter what affect it has.

At the most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couple are a defective failure of mating behavior. Literally 'unmarriage', and certainly not equal.

Smirk.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as ss 'marriage'. The fact that it is distinguished with words is proof alone that it is not the real thing.
At the most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Ss couple are a defective failure of mating behavior. Literally 'unmarriage', and certainly not equal.
Smirk.
How's that working out for you? Support for SSM continues to grow, in spite of your opinions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
How's that working out for you? Support for SSM continues to grow, in spite of your opinions.
Why do I bother you so much then?

Every time I plunge the knife of reality to the hilt into the belly of denial and twist it with a smirk, you squeal.

SMirk.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Another empty threat from another empty religitard.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time I plunge the knife of reality to the hilt into the belly of denial and twist it with a smirk, you squeal.
SMirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SMirk.
Thinking wrote:
Another empty threat from another empty religitard.
<quoted text>
1. It was not a threat.

2. There is nothing religious about it.

Double duh.

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Remember the demise of 'don't ask, don't tell'?

" men made up nearly 40 percent of the patients the VA treated last year for conditions connected to what it calls "military sexual trauma."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/20/
more-than-85000-veterans-treat ed-last-year-
over-alleged-military-sex-abus e/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Then how is it possible for there to be more than one English version of the Bible? If what God says is absolute, there shouldn't be more than one possible translation.
You claim that what God says is absolute and yet you pick and choose among the rules He set forth to live by. So much for that absolute, unless you are keeping ALL of the 600+ commandments in the Old and New Testaments.
Truth is the same in ANY language, and is NOT effected by it. The written laws in the OT have nothing to do with truth. I don't pick and choose anything, God does. He now writes His truth on our hearts and minds, which is how He designed His New Covenant.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Stan53 wrote:
Truth is the same in ANY language, and is NOT effected by it.
That does absolutely nothing to explain how there can be so many possible English translations and in fact, proves them impossible.
Stan53 wrote:
The written laws in the OT have nothing to do with truth.
They are God's laws and commandments, where exactly do YOU get off telling HIM they are irrelevant to the "truth"? You have read the Bible haven't you? God says they are important, JESUS says they are important (He was teaching a better way of being Jewish, after all) and yet to you, not so much. Good luck with that one.
Stan53 wrote:
I don't pick and choose anything, God does.
Despite your absolute certainty to the contrary, EVERYTHING you choose to believe about God, YOUR choice, NOT HIS. You might be better at this if you had actually read the Book at some point instead of relying on others to tell you what's in it. You might have heard about free will at some point. It would be easier to explain to you how your beliefs are a prime example of free will in action.
Stan53 wrote:
He now writes His truth on our hearts and minds, which is how He designed His New Covenant.
I know figs from thistles.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Stan53 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am convinced by my faith in Jesus and the Bible. Truth is truth regardless of one's belief, so anyone should accept it, because it is true. Absolutes are absolute.
And why do you have faith in Jesus and the Bible?

And, why is your faith in Jesus and the Bible better than a Muslim's faith in Mohammed and the Koran?

Prove your Bible is true.

Good luck.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Stan53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is the same in ANY language, and is NOT effected by it. The written laws in the OT have nothing to do with truth. I don't pick and choose anything, God does. He now writes His truth on our hearts and minds, which is how He designed His New Covenant.
Isn't it a coincidence that you're a Caucasian male in America and just so happen to be a Christian? Wouldn't it be just as big a coincidence if you were an Arab male in Saudi Arabia and just so happened to be a Muslim?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Remember the demise of 'don't ask, don't tell'?
" men made up nearly 40 percent of the patients the VA treated last year for conditions connected to what it calls "military sexual trauma."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/20/
more-than-85000-veterans-treat ed-last-year-
over-alleged-military-sex-abus e/
So, you agree that sexual abuse is an enormous problem in the military.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
The same things were said about inter-racial marriage.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Stan53 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually that one is ONE direction, you just didn't understand it.
You're convinced of the Bible's truth by your faith in Jesus and the Bible. So, you're convinced that it's true because you believe it's true. How is that not exactly a circular argument?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
And why do you have faith in Jesus and the Bible?
And, why is your faith in Jesus and the Bible better than a Muslim's faith in Mohammed and the Koran?
Prove your Bible is true.
Good luck.
Open your eyes idiot.

Better yet, go to Saudi Arabia and ask them to legalize ss marriage.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••