Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#15113 May 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
As believers in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior we are to gently and humbly help our brothers and sisters in Christ to overcome the sin of homosexuality.
Therefore, beginning this day, let us move forward in our discussion regarding the sin of homosexuality in the spirit our Lord has instructed.
"Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself." Galatians 6:1
<quoted text>
Actually, Jesus validated my witness when He died for me on the cross. Oh, by the way, He died for you too.
Romans 5:8, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
The witness referred to was Saul.

Location hidden

#15114 May 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Should we believe you or God? DUH!
Homosexuals and sodomites "will not inherit the Kingdom of God". They will burn in Hell forever.
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites
<quoted text>
Did God use Paul to author books in the Bible? Can we believe the Bible.....the whole Bible? Yes and Yes. Do you? If not, which part do you believe and which part don't you believe?
The question is why should anyone believe Saul? Because he says to?

Believe me.

See how well that works?

Location hidden

#15115 May 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals and sodomites "will not inherit the Kingdom of God". They will burn in Hell forever.
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites
<quoted text>
Did God use Paul to author books in the Bible? Can we believe the Bible.....the whole Bible? Yes and Yes. Do you? If not, which part do you believe and which part don't you believe?
Don't know much Patristics, do ya?

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#15116 May 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me.
See how well that works?
No, the question is why should anyone believe you rather than Paul.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#15117 May 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The witness referred to was Saul.
Did God use Paul to write books in God's Bible? Yes or no. Do you believe the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation? Yes or no. From those answers you can come to your own conclusions about Paul.
The Bible is either the word of God or not the word of God. Which is it for you?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#15118 May 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be impressed with how much you know. If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior all of what you know has no meaning and does not matter.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#15119 May 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me.
See how well that works?
Because God says to.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#15120 May 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You change the subject to cover your Biblical illiteracy. Typical Satanic tactic.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#15121 May 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
As believers in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior we are to gently and humbly help our brothers and sisters in Christ to overcome the sin of homosexuality.
Therefore, beginning this day, let us move forward in our discussion regarding the sin of homosexuality in the spirit our Lord has instructed.
"Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself." Galatians 6:1
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Being homosexual is not a sin.
Condemning one of God's creations for being who God created him/her to be IS a sin, however.
Nutty, where are you? You are a Roman Catholic, correct? It seems you believe one way and YOUR church believes another way regarding homosexuality.....

Homosexuality is considered by the Roman Catholic hierarchy to be "disordered" in the sense that it is said to be "ordered toward an intrinsic moral evil"and is not directed toward what the Catholic Church believes to be the unitive and procreative purposes of sexual activity. "Homosexual acts", which the church refers to as "homosexuality", are considered sinful because "sexual acts, by their nature, are divinely intended to be both unitive and procreative". The Church also believes the complementarity of the sexes to be part of God's plan. The Church holds same-gender sexual activities to be incompatible with this framework. The Catechism of the Catholic Church states that,

"Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity, tradition has always declared that 'homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered'. They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN THEY BE APPROVED."

What now Nutty? What now??????????

Location hidden

#15122 May 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Did God use Paul to write books in God's Bible? Yes or no. Do you believe the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation? Yes or no. From those answers you can come to your own conclusions about Paul.
The Bible is either the word of God or not the word of God. Which is it for you?
Operant Fallacy: False Dichotomy
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#15123 May 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Operant Fallacy: False Dichotomy
You seem so full of yourself there is no room for anyone else.

Location hidden

#15124 May 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Not me, my sources.

Check them out and we can discuss their merits.

Location hidden

#15125 May 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You change the subject to cover your Biblical illiteracy. Typical Satanic tactic.
You venerate a book based upon the tradition of men.

Why not learn about how that anthology came to be collected? Would that make any of Yeshua's principles less correct?

Location hidden

#15126 May 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You seem so full of yourself there is no room for anyone else.
Operant Fallacies:

False Dichotomy
Argumentum ad Hominem

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#15127 May 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You venerate a book based upon the tradition of men.
Why not learn about how that anthology came to be collected? Would that make any of Yeshua's principles less correct?
Some of us already know the Bible is Truth. Others will learn later. Most will learn in Hell.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#15128 May 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of Israel?
Luke 21:24 (NKJV)
24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations.
And they were.
And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
The "times of the Gentiles" was fulfilled in 1967.
Luke 21:28 (NKJV)
28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Luke 21:32 (NKJV)
32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.
Some living in 1967 will still be living to see Jesus return.
Israel is back to stay.
Amos 9:15 (NKJV)
15 I will plant them in their land, And no longer shall they be pulled up From the land I have given them," Says the LORD your God.
Israel is real. Your fairy tales are not. This generation is the generation of His return.
Wanna talk about the Mark?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microchip_implan...
Revelation 13:16-18 (KJV)
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
Society is heading for 'cashless'.
Why did you completely avoid everything I said to make an entirely unrelated homily?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#15129 May 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is, why should anyone believe Paul at all? It's not a question of which of a given set of people to believe.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#15130 May 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of us already know the Bible is Truth. Others will learn later. Most will learn in Hell.
But not I. I shall be in the Elysium Fields while you suffer in Hades.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#15131 May 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
First, all involved are men. 100% men. Second, it was all, ALL of the men of Sodom, young and old. Not some of the men of Sodom, ALL! Your statement "the threat had absolutely no sexual intent" is at best your opinion. Apparently you have no concept of the expression "know them".
Was every man and boy in Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, Zeboim and Bela homosexual? Serious bummer for the women and girls. As for yada, it means a penis is going in someone else, whether they want it there or not. It is used to describe sexual intercourse both consensual and non-consensual.
OldJG wrote:
Genesis 19:5-7
Blame the translators, the crowd's intent is to do serious bodily harm resulting in a painful and horrific death, not to plan an orgy.
OldJG wrote:
First, I am not your "hon".
Yes you are, dear. Get used to it.
OldJG wrote:
Second, I am not, nor have I ever spoken for God.
Now that I've stopped laughing. Sweetie, your absolute certainty that your choice of beliefs is in fact the ONLY right one is tantamount to speaking for God, because your every post tells us that He agrees with YOU.
OldJG wrote:
His word speaks for itself.
My suggestion is Matthew 7:15-23. I'll listen to Jesus on this one, you don't know figs.
OldJG wrote:
You on the other hand have reinterpreted the Bible to fit your lifestyle of perversion.
There is nothing to reinterpret. The Bible is clear, it isn't mine nor God's fault that you don't get it.
OldJG wrote:
Romans 1:26-27[/QUOTE[Been there, done that already, hon. Weren't you paying attention? Simply repeating verses you know to have been taken out of their actual context and which basically say that God turned the Christians of Rome, queer as folk in a snit over their idolatry, seriously undermines your argument.[QUOTE who="OldJG"]In the word of God He absolutely condemns homosexuality. Of this there is no doubt.
And you wonder why I say that you are speaking for God. Your absolute certainty that you are so absolutely right that God really has no choice but to agree with you. I've read the Bible, several of them in fact, hon. Not only is there a doubt, there's a damned good argument to be made that the idea of homosexuality is never really addressed.
OldJG wrote:
God created a woman for the man. You can read this account in Genesis 2. Satan's counterfeit plan of God's original plan is homosexuality.
So you pray, sweetie. Good luck on that

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#15132 May 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me.
See how well that works?
Saul never knew Jesus. All Saul had were his seizures and his visions, and a vast pagan establishment to fleece and convert.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thanks to Trumpa s vague order, LGBT activists ... 1 hr The Stealth 12
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 hr Frindly 6,876
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals shea s... 5 hr nomo 5
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 18 hr ilovecars 31,999
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals she's ... Fri Latter Day Taints 2
News Intimidation allegations mar Ontario PC candida... Jun 23 nasty bunch 1
News MIA gay marriage heroes Jun 22 The Troll Stopper 4
More from around the web