Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,103

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Read more

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#15048 May 10, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Without any evidence of God's existence, we are just as justified in accepting it as the word of God as we are in accepting The Iliad as a historical record of the deeds of various deities. Until you have ANYTHING to support the premise that God exists, the Bible is just a storybook.
Proof is coming soon. This is the terminal generation.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#15049 May 10, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Without any evidence of God's existence, we are just as justified in accepting it as the word of God as we are in accepting The Iliad as a historical record of the deeds of various deities. Until you have ANYTHING to support the premise that God exists, the Bible is just a storybook.
Romans 1:18-20, 18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."

Location hidden

#15050 May 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 1:18-20, 18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."
Good post!
Tikka

Finland

#15051 May 10, 2013
No Christian church ever do such a thing. Bible say no to man and man or woman and woman.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#15052 May 10, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time you say Saul of Sauline you prove your Biblical illiteracy.
No. It DEMONSTRATES that I don't buy his self-promotion ... nor YOUR Presuppositionalism.

Location hidden

#15053 May 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD!
Your self-identify will never come into focus for you until you can say as did the Apostle Paul that you have become a servant of Jesus Christ (the living resurrected Christ); that you have been called by Jesus; and that you have been separated from the world to proclaim the good news about the Jesus who died on the cross for you and who now lives in you as the result of His resurrection.
Where and when did "GOD" say that Saul was an "apostle"?

Location hidden

#15054 May 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The death of Christ on Calvary’s hill ushered in a new covenant under which we are justified by God’s grace and mercy.
It is now possible to have the true forgiveness and remission of sins.
"Justification" is a protestant tradition. It is not scriptural.

Here ... review Soteriologies (in brief, at least)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_soteri...

Location hidden

#15055 May 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me see, was Peter a Jew or a Gentile? Hmmm, I will go with Jew.
You believe the Old Testament but apparently do not believe the New Testament. Yet with your loud arrogance and bold ignorance you tell us they are the same testament. Which is it? Do you believe the ENTIRE Bible or just the part that justifies your theology. Whatever your theology might be.
Do you believe.....
Luke
Acts
Romans
I and II Corinthians
Galatians
Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
I and II Thessalonians
I and II Timothy
Titus
Philemon
Hebrews
You are merely asking us to state that Irenaeus' "orthodoxy" was correct.

I certainly won't.

Side question (but not unrelated): Who was Papias?

Location hidden

#15056 May 10, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It DEMONSTRATES that I don't buy his self-promotion ... nor YOUR Presuppositionalism.
Should we believe you or God? God called you "untaught and unstable"

"our beloved brother Paul"

2 Peter 3:15-16 (NKJV)
15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation--as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

Location hidden

#15057 May 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Old Covenant between God and Israel was dedicated with the blood of sacrificed animals.
As a result of this covenant, God delivered Israel from bondage in Egypt and when Israel became a nation, God gave them the Law as part of the covenant.
The covenant bound God to His Word and Israel to the terms of the covenant.
The New Testament is a new covenant, a new agreement, and a new promise ratified, enacted and sealed in the blood of Jesus Christ.
Without shedding His blood, there was no possible way Jesus could have established a new covenant between God and man.
So, your "god" is unable to do certain things?

Location hidden

#15058 May 10, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure are lost and Biblically illiterate. Hell fire awaits you.

Location hidden

#15059 May 10, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Covenant is between and God and Israel as well. Believers are grafted in a spiritual Israel.
Jeremiah 31:31-32
31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them,[a] says the Lord.
Here. Really listen. It will surprise you. You won't regret the time.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#15060 May 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam....
Damn you are stupid.
Smile.
Spoken just like a disgraced UCC pastor from Hawaii.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#15061 May 11, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you have ANYTHING to support the premise that God exists, the Bible is just a storybook.
The Jewish culture and the Alien's prediction it would be so.

Smile.

Location hidden

#15062 May 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
When and where did the other Apostles dispute the title?

Location hidden

#15063 May 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"Justification" is a protestant tradition. It is not scriptural.
Here ... review Soteriologies (in brief, at least)...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_soteri...
Why would liberal theology attempt to deplete Christianity of it's power and then stay a part of it?

Even members of liberal churches come to the conclusion; If what you are saying is true, why bother with Christianity?

Location hidden

#15064 May 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You are merely asking us to state that Irenaeus' "orthodoxy" was correct.
I certainly won't.
Side question (but not unrelated): Who was Papias?
Trying to impress us with liberal theology,

or

answering the assertion?

Do you know why most people don't know what or who you are talking about?

Because those people have been discounted and become irrelevant.

You are a relic of apostasy.

Smile.

Location hidden

#15065 May 11, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken just like a disgraced UCC pastor from Hawaii.
Maybe,

but damn, you are still stupid.

Smile.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#15066 May 11, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You will say anything to satisfy your mind....

How about satisfying your soul for once.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#15067 May 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
YEP!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Religious freedom laws not used against gays in... 7 min Wondering 26
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 9 min Wondering 1,644
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 14 min EdmondWA 30,961
News Indiana religious freedom act: What's behind th... 19 min Sgt Common Sense 28
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 25 min raider4life 1,782
News Prisons Show Being Gay's a Choice, Says Ben Carson 33 min Questions Questions 1
News Religious freedom laws not used against gays in... 36 min nhjeff 3
More from around the web