Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16102 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#15028 May 10, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what it says. Stop using erroneous translations. There are NO verses in the Bible that condemn homosexuality. The word translated as "abomination" is ALWAYS used to refer to acts that are an abomination BECAUSE they are part of the worship of foreign Gods. In fact, the Bible CELEBRATES the marriage of David and Johnathan in 1 Samuel.
Friendship....no marriage between David and Jonathan...

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#15029 May 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are getting down right silly.
-You are asserting that all belief systems have equal validity. A perfect example of how poor your reasoning ability is.
Not true. I have never said that ALL belief systems are equal. Christianity is equal to Islam is equal to the cult of $cientology is equal to Mormonism is equal to Moonies, and a few more as well.

But there are also plenty of true faiths as well.
KiMare wrote:
-You are asserting that you know 'my God'. You don't. I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian. I simply point out how ignorant and twisted your understanding of Judeo/Christian faith is.
First error: there is no such thing as "Judeo/Christian faith". They are VEWRY different faiths. To start, xianity is completely man-made and worships a false god.
KiMare wrote:
=You are asserting that Christian morals have shifted.
Numerous times. TRY to learn something about history.
KiMare wrote:
No, it hasn't. In fact, most morality and ethics have common roots.
I'm sorry to hear you are religious. I'm not. You are a perfect example of why. Man's ideas about God are limited to their feeble understanding. If I did prove God to you, it is clear you'd be incapable of understanding.
As usual, the point went WAY over your head. I said that you have no OBJECTIVE proof of your God or any God.
KiMare wrote:
As to the Bible, seems like a whole lot of people over a long time disagree with you. I bring up a simple point of an Alien appearance with profound results, and you can only say 'duh'.
Snicker.
Once upon a time, there were a lot of people over a long period of time that believed that disease was caused by demons, or curses from the Gods. Malaria was so named because a lot of people (etc) thought that it was caused by bad air (mal aria) coming off of a swamp. A lot of people believed that the Sun moved around the Earth.

Eventually, your beliefs will be in that list as well...
Thinking

Atlanta, GA

#15030 May 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Old Covenant between God and Israel was dedicated with the blood of sacrificed animals.
As a result of this covenant, God delivered Israel from bondage in Egypt and when Israel became a nation, God gave them the Law as part of the covenant.
The covenant bound God to His Word and Israel to the terms of the covenant.
The New Testament is a new covenant, a new agreement, and a new promise ratified, enacted and sealed in the blood of Jesus Christ.
Without shedding His blood, there was no possible way Jesus could have established a new covenant between God and man.
The New Covenant is between and God and Israel as well. Believers are grafted in a spiritual Israel.

Jeremiah 31:31-32
31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them,[a] says the Lord.
Thinking

Atlanta, GA

#15031 May 10, 2013
Biblical Marriage= Repopulating the human species.

Gay Marriage= Redistributing Human Feces

#15032 May 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
dollarsbill wrote:
Are you really that ignorant??? Are gays as ignorant as they seem?
<quoted text>
The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.
God does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that people become homosexuals because of sin (Romans 1:24-27) and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as some people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person’s choosing to sin by giving in to sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger/rage, does that make it right for him to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true with homosexuality.
However, the Bible does not describe homosexuality as a “greater” sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Homosexuality is just one of the many things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that will keep a person from the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, God’s forgiveness is just as available to a homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, thief, etc. God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, if they will repent of their sin and and believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 4:13).
Homosexuality has been demonstrated to have genetic or epigenetic causes. Thus, people are born with the sexual orientation that they have, and that cannot be changed, NO ONE has any choice in the matter. Either God made them homosexuals, or God does not made ANY choices about how people are born - those are the only two possibilities.

#15033 May 10, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity in its adolescence was the motivation for many atrocities. Islam hits its adolescence and you hold it to a different standard? Well, isn't that just big of you. By the way, remind us about the Troubles, and how Islam was behind that. Or, the Rwanda genocide, and how Islam was responsible for that. Or, the Inquisition, and Islam's role in that. Or, Islam's part in spreading AIDS through Africa. Or, the American practices of lynching blacks, followed by lynching homosexuals. Yes, I'm sure we'd love to hear how Islam was the root of those.
Minor point (and off topic to boot) but the Troubles were between the Irish and the English occupiers: religion was just a convenient method of keeping track of who was on which side.

#15034 May 10, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"Apostle" ?
Who says?
Paul himself says that he was an apostle. Since Paul was an apostle, how can you doubt his word?

#15035 May 10, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, you don't believe in Jesus, the only way to salvation. You lose. You will burn in Hell.
The concept of Hell is as false as the concept of the divinity of Jesus.

#15036 May 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Testament makes a clear distinction between covenant of the Mosaic Law and the covenant of promise.
And the Koran makes clear the Divine inspiration given to Mohammud...
Thinking

Tiverton, UK

#15037 May 10, 2013
This is for you, my tiny tribute troll...

Thinking wrote:
Biblical Marriage= Repopulating the human species.
Gay Marriage= Redistributing Human Feces
Thinking

Tiverton, UK

#15038 May 10, 2013
Not really.
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Minor point (and off topic to boot) but the Troubles were between the Irish and the English occupiers: religion was just a convenient method of keeping track of who was on which side.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#15039 May 10, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The concept of Hell is as false as the concept of the divinity of Jesus.
You prove over and over that you are Biblically illiterate.

Isaiah 9:6 (NKJV)
6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#15040 May 10, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
The New Covenant is between and God and Israel as well. Believers are grafted in a spiritual Israel.
Jeremiah 31:31-32
31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them,[a] says the Lord.
YEP!!!

Why???

Because the blood of Jesus Christ ushers us into the New Covenant.

The basis on which God makes a covenant is always a sacrifice.

Without a sacrifice, there can be no covenant and wherever there is a sacrifice, there must be the shedding of blood.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#15041 May 10, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality has been demonstrated to have genetic or epigenetic causes. Thus, people are born with the sexual orientation that they have, and that cannot be changed, NO ONE has any choice in the matter. Either God made them homosexuals, or God does not made ANY choices about how people are born - those are the only two possibilities.
You said, quote, "Homosexuality has been demonstrated to have genetic or epigenetic causes." End quote.

Really? Your contention is God created a homosexual gene for human beings. Not all human beings mind you, just those human beings who would act out the homosexual desires and tendencies you say they were born with at some later date in their lives. If your theory was true wouldn't we know exactly who would be sodomites and lesbians and who would be normal from birth? Should we test for this mystery gene? Or maybe you know of such a test.

What doctor of genetics from the sodomite/lesbian community birthed this pathetic lie to justify their perversion?

You said, quote, "Either God made them homosexuals, or God does not made ANY choices about how people are born - those are the only two possibilities." End quote.

There is another choice. Choice is the correct word in your sentence. It is their CHOICE to be a sodomite or lesbian. Nobody is born a sodomite or lesbian. As with all sin it is a choice!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#15042 May 10, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Koran makes clear the Divine inspiration given to Mohammud...
Muhammad is not prophesied in the Bible as Muslims claim.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#15043 May 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Muhammad is not prophesied in the Bible as Muslims claim.
The name or word Muhammad does not appear in the Bible.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#15044 May 10, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Not genetic. Epi-genetic. A epi-marker mistake.

A cure should quickly follow, either identifying the mistake before birth and aborting, or correcting the mistake.

Smile.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#15046 May 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
F.F. Powell is a freelance writer and author of a book on Saint Paul.
Hmmmmm.....doesn't say that F.F. Powell is INSPIRED by God.....
So you are going to take F.F. Powell's word OVER the Word of God.....interesting.....
Without any evidence of God's existence, we are just as justified in accepting it as the word of God as we are in accepting The Iliad as a historical record of the deeds of various deities. Until you have ANYTHING to support the premise that God exists, the Bible is just a storybook.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#15047 May 10, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but religion ended up being much more than that in the Troubles. It affected what schools taught, where people could go, and it still is dangerous to be a Catholic in certain areas, as well as a Protestant in others. The religions merely supplanted the politics.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#15048 May 10, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Without any evidence of God's existence, we are just as justified in accepting it as the word of God as we are in accepting The Iliad as a historical record of the deeds of various deities. Until you have ANYTHING to support the premise that God exists, the Bible is just a storybook.
Proof is coming soon. This is the terminal generation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 8 min LATER than WOODEN... 6,483
News End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation ... 59 min Quirky 25
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 2 hr Jamal 34,547
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 5 hr Jaimie 423
News Clerk to quit, cites 'moral conviction' 6 hr Open Mind 126
News Japanese fans flock to Seoul for 'Yon-sama' wed... 6 hr Ainu 3
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 6 hr WeTheSheeple 613
More from around the web