Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14889 May 8, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>.
But if $billy doesn't give false witness, how can he witness at all?
By warning you both of your future in Hell, as Jesus said.

Location hidden

#14890 May 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Cursing people in the name of Jesus blasphemous heretic?
Your fate:

"everlasting fire" "everlasting punishment"

Matthew 25:41-46 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand,'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14891 May 8, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"abomination"
Leviticus 20:13 (NKJV)
13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
We already KNOW that you are supporter of the consequence-less murder of every LGBT Citizen.

Location hidden

#14892 May 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
We already KNOW that you are supporter of the consequence-less murder of every LGBT Citizen.
You don't seem to know much of anything.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#14893 May 8, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
"abomination"
13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
Yes dear, it does say that. It is one of the 600 odd statutes and commandments that God gave to Moses to give to his people as an all or nothing proposition. You might want to read both Leviticus and Deuteronomy a little more closely. If you aren't currently upholding ALL the laws yourself, claiming others have violated one or more is a serious no no.

Location hidden

#14894 May 8, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Yes dear, it does say that. It is one of the 600 odd statutes and commandments that God gave to Moses to give to his people as an all or nothing proposition. You might want to read both Leviticus and Deuteronomy a little more closely. If you aren't currently upholding ALL the laws yourself, claiming others have violated one or more is a serious no no.
God called being gay "abomination", "vile affections". Are you so ignorant that you don't understand yet?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#14895 May 8, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
God called being gay "abomination", "vile affections". Are you so ignorant that you don't understand yet?
No dear, God called something along the lines of a man lying with a man as he would a woman an "abomination". It's in a book where you yourself are disregarding any number of the laws where the same description is used. Paul called same sex acts "vile affections", but God didn't have a problem with making them do it. Thanks for playing, but why don't you wait to reply until you have actually read the book.

Location hidden

#14896 May 8, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>No dear, God called something along the lines of a man lying with a man as he would a woman an "abomination".
Are you really that ignorant??? Are gays as ignorant as they seem?

Location hidden

#14897 May 9, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seem to know much of anything.
So you don't support such mass murders? You certainly cite your interpretation of the section frequently enough.

Which is it?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#14898 May 9, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
God called
He just texts me. Here's His latest text:

"LOL. Dollarsbill is a douche. LOL"

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14899 May 9, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
With the hygiene practices of the time, or rather the lack of them, I'm certain that circumcision reduced STDs and, as we now know, transmission of HPV and the resultant sterility and cancer in women.
The Hebrews were going to out-breed and out-live the surrounding cultures.
I think they were just obsessed with male genitalia myself.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14900 May 9, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your fate:
"everlasting fire" "everlasting punishment"
Matthew 25:41-46 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand,'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
ROTFLMAO

Go have another drink bro.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14901 May 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.differencebetween.net/business/
difference-between-ethics-and- morals/
"This implies that ethics define the code that a society or group of people adhere to while morality delves into right and wrong at a much deeper level, which is both personal and spiritual. The ethics that a person adheres too are impacted upon by external factors like the nation, society, peer group, religion and profession, and could change with a change in any of these influencing factors.
For instance fox hunting in England was ethical till the other day, because that was the tradition, and there was no law against it. But the recent legislation banning it made it illegal, and the widespread protests against the evil nature of the sport caused a cessation of the tradition supporting it, and therefore it became unethical. Morals on the other hand are made of sterner stuff, and usually do not change. It will for instance always be immoral to murder another human being, no matter who the person committing the act is."
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Not intrinsic to the meaning of the words themselves. A construct.
No. You were wrong about the difference, and you are wrong about your gay twirl claim again.

INcredible denial and deceit...

Smirk.

Location hidden

#14902 May 9, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMare: "... without God, there is NO moral argument."
Your contention is specious - it is based on the unproven, and probable UNprovable premise that God exists.
It would have been more credible to have contended, "were there not morality, there'd be no moral argument". THAT would have been worth debating just to see if it proved true or not.
I made no claim God exists.

I simply noted the difference between morality and ethics.

However, millions of intelligent people with better comprehension than you disagree about God's existence.

Smile.

Location hidden

#14903 May 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that when you shift because your stupidity has been exposed, the only thing that happens is more stupidity is exposed?
What you are missing is, without God, there is NO moral argument.
My assertion was verified that ethics are a chosen, shifting constraint of society, without foundation, and servant of evolution.
I argue marriage from the same place, and you have no answer, because your supposed god, science supports me.
You keep wanting to disprove faith, something your depraved being has no concept of. The end result is that faith looks smart, and you look like an idiot.
But hey, I enjoy slinging smart stones at Goliath. Or in this case, fat boy.
Smile.
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
False distinction created by RC apologists during the period of the 2nd Spanish Inquisition.
If we were talking about calling ss couples 'married', your construct claim would be valid. But in this case, I'll stick with two of numerous sites I could have used.

Snicker.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#14904 May 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I made no claim God exists.
I simply noted the difference between morality and ethics.
However, millions of intelligent people with better comprehension than you disagree about God's existence.
Smile.
Well,...I sort of hoped it wouldn't, but I did think it might go over your head.
And danged if I wasn't right!
I'll know better next time.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14905 May 9, 2013
Realize that morality is to be measured by God's standards and not human criteria for what is right.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14906 May 9, 2013
Biblical ethics realize that God tests the motives behind every action.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14907 May 9, 2013
Biblical ethics are not based on human success, but on God's standards for truth.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14908 May 9, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"abomination"
Again: eating shrimp is also an abomination.

Again: collecting firewood on the Sabbath is also a capital offense.

So, homosexuality was just as bad as eating shrimp and collecting firewood on the Sabbath.

Why do you keep quoting OT laws and punishments, by the way? Didn't Jesus ever appear in your Bible?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Idaho Rep. Raul Labrador at center of clash ove... 2 hr Lawrence Wolf 15
News Hitler Was 1:7 Part Gay, Marco Rubio Loves Foam... 3 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 2
News Miami is the 8th Best City to Get Married In 6 hr BigBill 1
News JP's refusal to perform same-sex marriage draws... 9 hr Brown 1
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 22 hr toabhah 35,208
News Parenting plans, child custody and access Sat needs 1
News Monica Lewinsky offered $1MILLION by Las Vegas ... Sat Responsibility 4
More from around the web