Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 20 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#14805 May 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The PROBLEM is those who reject Jesus the only Savior will burn in Hell, forever.
And the PROBLEM is those who reject Zeus will suffer in Hades, forever.

Whoops, you failed.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14806 May 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's BAD news for you.
"the lake of fire" "forever"
Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
But, because you deny Zeus, you'll be too busy suffering in Hades to enjoy Heaven.

Oh, dear...it appears logic isn't working in your version of reality. You might want to join us in DEMONSTRABLE reality, instead of your IMAGINARY reality. Logic works much better out here.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14807 May 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Something Christians in churches in every community across our nation do every single day.
Interesting, you want to excuse your evil that Paul and the Bible consistently condemns, and extol good that you don't do.
Remember, God is the god of all truth, not just a twisted piece. You will be judged for that.
Smirk.
I thought Jesus was God, not Paul. If you want to worship Paul's teachings and not those of Jesus, just say so, and stop calling yourself a Christian.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14808 May 7, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
You can't lose because you already have. When you decided to reinvent God in your own image, you lost.
<quoted text>
Your fate:

Matthew 22:13 (NKJV)
13 Then the king said to the servants,'Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

Like darkness for eternity, with Satan and all the evil beings who ever lived? Have fun, NOT!

Location hidden

#14809 May 7, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
And the PROBLEM is those who reject Zeus will suffer in Hades, forever.
Whoops, you failed.
Like darkness? Enjoy forever.

13 Then the king said to the servants,'Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

Location hidden

#14810 May 7, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
But, because you deny Zeus, you'll be too busy suffering in Hades to enjoy Heaven.
Oh, dear...it appears logic isn't working in your version of reality. You might want to join us in DEMONSTRABLE reality, instead of your IMAGINARY reality. Logic works much better out here.
Your ignorant post noted. Jesus lives.

Location hidden

#14811 May 7, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Jesus was God, not Paul.
GASP! You got something right.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14812 May 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Like darkness? Enjoy forever.
Sorry, but I'm going to be enjoying the Elysium Fields while you're in Hades. So, obviously, you won't be in Heaven and I won't be in Hell.

See how that works? Your baseless assertion is 100% refuted by MY baseless assertion. The Bible merely asserts Heaven and Hell. It is not EVIDENCE of Heaven and Hell. So, with exactly as much evidence for YOUR version of afterlife as there is for the ancient Greek version of afterlife, you have been completely contradicted, and until you present evidence to support the Bible's premise of Heaven and Hell, you will continue to be.

Logic...ain't she just a bitch-a-roonie-doonie?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14813 May 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
GASP! You got something right.
Then, why should you give a damn what Paul says, when he wasn't with Jesus? Because he had a delusion? Whose delusions should be accepted and whose rejected? You do accept that if someone today were making the claims Saul was making, you'd reject his claims as heretical, yes? But, Paul's writings end up in the Bible canon for purely political reasons, and you accept them as true and somehow as reflective of Jesus's teachings despite being largely unrelated to anything Jesus is claimed to have said in any of the gospels? Have you ever actually studied the Bible? Have you ever actually studied ANYTHING ELSE?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14814 May 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorant post noted. Jesus lives.
So, YOUR baseless assertion is true prima facie, but MY baseless assertion is false prima facie. Got it.

You do know that presuppositional apologetics is the most dishonest way to argue for your religious beliefs, right?

Location hidden

#14815 May 7, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I'm going to be enjoying the Elysium Fields while you're in Hades.
You won't enjoy anything in Hell, for eternity.

"everlasting fire" "everlasting punishment"

Matthew 25:41-46 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand,'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14816 May 7, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Jesus was God, not Paul. If you want to worship Paul's teachings and not those of Jesus, just say so, and stop calling yourself a Christian.
Noting what Paul said means I'm making him God? Unbelievably ignorant.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14817 May 7, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but professional do-gooders and "You have to pretend to believe for food" doesn't qualify.
You deceitfully avoid my point and in the process prove it.

Smile
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14818 May 7, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
How would people know what was expected if God only spoke to a limited number?
Genesis 18:19

19 For I have chosen him, so that HE WILL DIRECT his children and his household after him to KEEP the way of the Lord <<<<<by DOING what is right and just,>>>>> so that *the Lord will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him.*

Did Abraham OBEY what God had said???

Genesis 26:5

5 because Abraham obeyed me and did everything I required of him, keeping my commands, my decrees and my instructions.

Did God define righteousness for the Patriarchs?

What were the terms of His covenant?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14819 May 7, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
How would people know what was expected if God only spoke to a limited number?
Acts 15:28-29

28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements:

29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.

Elements of the Seven Laws for the Patriarchs are included in the present dispensation, simply because moral and righteous conduct remains the same from the beginning.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#14820 May 7, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Which commandment was broken? What laws and statutes did Abraham allegedly keep? How could the Law of Moses exist in Genesis? You need to answer these questions first.
Well, it is obvious that Abraham did not keep Kosher...

Genesis 18:7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.
18:8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

He did not have any problem with lying...

Genesis 20:2 And Abraham said of Sarah his wife, She is my sister

But maybe we should not really consider that one a lie, since it could be argued that Abraham was telling a partial truth. Incest is best, the game the whole family can play...

Genesis 20:12 And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

He did not take proper care of his first born son...

Genesis 21:14 And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and took bread, and a bottle of water, and gave it unto Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, and the child and sent her away: and she departed, and wandered in the wilderness of Beersheba.

Deuteronomy 21:16 Then it shall be, when he maketh his sons to inherit that which he hath, that he may not make the son of the beloved firstborn before the son of the hated, which is indeed the firstborn:
21:17 But he shall acknowledge the son of the hated for the firstborn, by giving him a double portion of all that he hath: for he is the beginning of his strength; the right of the firstborn is his.

Abraham was even okay with committing murder...

Genesis 22:10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.

So, all in all, Abraham didn't ever try to keep any of the Laws that would not be codified until several centuries into his future. And if Abraham, called a prophet of the God of the Bible did not keep the laws, why would anyone with an IQ above room temperature think that Sodom should have kept those unwritten laws?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#14821 May 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
By your reasoning, there are no moral laws apart from the Hebrew. Even by your assertion, only the Jews would be under those laws.
I'm assuming that you agree, the only law in existence apart from a religious moral code is the law of the jungle. Anythings goes.
Right?
Snicker.
What a foolish notion. The God of the Bible only gave laws to the children of Israel, but the other peoples of the Earth all had their own Gods, that gave them their laws. And even without any of the Gods, there are sound logical reasons for holding moral principles.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14822 May 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 18:19
19 For I have chosen him, so that HE WILL DIRECT his children and his household after him to KEEP the way of the Lord <<<<<by DOING what is right and just,>>>>> so that *the Lord will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him.*
Did Abraham OBEY what God had said???
Genesis 26:5
5 because Abraham obeyed me and did everything I required of him, keeping my commands, my decrees and my instructions.
Did God define righteousness for the Patriarchs?
What were the terms of His covenant?
What part of "Allah is the one true God, and Mohammed is his prophet" don't you understand?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14823 May 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't lose. You will.
How does the atheist lose if you're wrong?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14824 May 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't enjoy anything in Hell, for eternity.
"everlasting fire" "everlasting punishment"
Matthew 25:41-46 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand,'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
You're right. I won't enjoy anything in Hell, for eternity, because I'll be in the Elysium Fields instead, while you'll be suffering in Hades.

What does "stalemate" mean?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 2 min WeTheSheeple 524
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 3 min Rose_NoHo 2,445
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 16 min ursla 32,369
News Mark Hopkins: The Supreme Court and gay marriage 25 min Rudy 24
News 8 Shocking Statements Opponents Of Marriage Equ... 37 min Cordwainer Trout 88
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 1 hr Reverend Alan 3,411
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 1 hr tongangodz 3,077
More from around the web