Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16102 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#14674 May 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
How can an adult believe that story? An adult can't but an adult Christian can and does.
You said, quote, "Do you hate god for making you the way you are?" End quote.
God does not make mistakes. God's creation does make mistakes. If you are a homosexual you made a conscious free choice to be homosexual. Nobody is born a homosexual. There is no homosexual gene. There are homosexuals using the excuse "God made me that way" to justify their behavior. Your behavior is your choice not God's choice for you.
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
BS.
Apparently you are not a Christ follower if you believe what was posted aboveis BS. Your Gospel and your word differs from His. The Bible is His book written to us. Why did He give it to us? He loves us. Praise God.

II Timothy 3:16-17, 16 "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#14675 May 3, 2013
Sorry for the double post. I do not know how that happens.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14677 May 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, God destroyed a city because it was 'inhospitable'...
Snicker.
The "Law of Hospitality" was of great important in ancient times. It survives today in the "Three Day Rule" practiced by many cultures.

So, let's review ...

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13827-...

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/10122-...

And at least TRY to remember that it's one of THEIR folktales, and that "Jude" is a corrupt source because it cites as authority works that aren't canonical in EITHER tradition.

Location hidden

#14678 May 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah?
Ezekiel 16:49-50, 49 "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had PRIDE, EXCESS OF FOOD, and PROSPEROUS EASE, but DID NOT AID THE POOR AND NEEDY. 50 They were HAUGHTY and did an ABOMINATION before me. So I removed them, when I saw it."
The writer uses the word ABOMINATION, Hebrew tow'ebah, Strong #H8441,(a disgusting thing) the same word in the Hebrew that is used to describe HOMOSEXUALITY in
Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an ABOMINATION."
The sin in Sodom was on a grand scale, and included more than just homosexual behavior; but this does not take away from the scriptural proof that the event that occurred at Lot's home was driven by the burning homosexual appetites of the men of Sodom.
You said, quote, "God would never commit mass murder." End quote.
Genesis 6:17-18, 17 "For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die. 18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you shall come into the ark, you, your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you."
If you think this is just a STORY....you do not know the God of the Bible.
If you believe Saul, then such things are the causes of homosexuality, not the result of it. In other words, when a society becomes so materialistic and predatory, it will produce gay people.

Kind of silly, isn't it?

Location hidden

#14679 May 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
How can an adult believe that story? An adult can't but an adult Christian can and does.
God does not make mistakes. God's creation does make mistakes. If you are a homosexual you made a conscious free choice to be homosexual. Nobody is born a homosexual. There is no homosexual gene. There are homosexuals using the excuse "God made me that way" to justify their behavior. Your behavior is your choice not God's choice for you.
That's known as the "Pathetic Fallacy"; i.e. ascribing intelligent intent where there is none, especially to inanimate objects.

Nature makes no mistakes only because "it" has no intent to do anything.

Location hidden

#14680 May 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Why lie? There is no need. If you are a sodomite just fess up and tell the world being homosexual was your choice. It is that simple.
The sodomite and lesbian Gospel's most solid argument supporting their theory that the sin in Sodom was not homosexuality is based on this verse:
Ezekiel 16:49, "Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy."
But what they so conveniently neglect to do is provide is the very next verse:
Ezekiel 16:50, "And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good."
The writer uses the word abomination, Hebrew [tow'ebah], the same word in the Hebrew that is used to describe homosexuality in Leviticus 18:22! The sin in Sodom was on a grand scale, and included more than just homosexual behavior; but this does not take away from the scriptural proof that the event that occurred at Lot's home was driven by the burning homosexual appetites of the men of Sodom.
Just for you, in case you haven't read them yet ...

And you, too, can try to remember that it is THEIR story, and they have been studying it for about 3000 yrs, or so. You may also elect to recall that "Jude" is a suspect source because it cites as it's authorities writings that were not considered canonical even in Judaism.

Location hidden

#14681 May 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean when this was;
Proverbs 8:22-36 (GW)
“The LORD already possessed me long ago, when his way began, before any of his works.
23 I was appointed from everlasting from the first, before the earth began.
24 I was born before there were oceans, before there were springs filled with water.
25 I was born before the mountains were settled in their places and before the hills,
26 when he had not yet made land or fields or the first dust of the world.
27 “When he set up the heavens, I was there. When he traced the horizon on the surface of the ocean,
28 when he established the skies above, when he determined the currents in the ocean,
29 when he set a limit for the sea so the waters would not overstep his command, when he traced the foundations of the earth,
30 I was beside him as a master craftsman. I made him happy day after day, I rejoiced in front of him all the time,
31 found joy in his inhabited world, and delighted in the human race.
32 “Now, sons, listen to me. Blessed are those who follow my ways.
33 Listen to discipline, and become wise. Do not leave my ways.
34 Blessed is the person who listens to me, watches at my door day after day, and waits by my doorposts.
35 Whoever finds me finds life and obtains favor from the LORD.
36 Whoever sins against me harms himself. All those who hate me love death.”
First, that little Hellenized panegyric is from "Proverbs", which is merely a collection of aphorism of it's day, NOT prophetic utterence.

Location hidden

#14682 May 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text> ... The "Law of Moses" was in fact the law of God and His Ten Commandments. Moses was the vessel the Lord used to deliver His commands to the people of Israel they were not the "Law of Moses"...
Yeshua is certainly recorded as saying that it was. His contemporaries are recorded as calling it that as well.

Yeshua taught from the Prophets, not the Mosaic/Levitical/Deuteronomic code.

Location hidden

#14683 May 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Apparently you are not a Christ follower if you believe what was posted aboveis BS. Your Gospel and your word differs from His. The Bible is His book written to us. Why did He give it to us? He loves us. Praise God.
II Timothy 3:16-17, 16 "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."
Lots of assertions. Not much in the way of links to any professional proofs.

What is the difference between genetic and epigenetic expression?

Location hidden

#14684 May 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
TTOOPPIIXX SSTTUUTTEERRSS SSOOMMEETTIIMMEESS.

Location hidden

#14685 May 3, 2013

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14686 May 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Why lie? There is no need. If you are a sodomite just fess up and tell the world being homosexual was your choice. It is that simple.
The sodomite and lesbian Gospel's most solid argument supporting their theory that the sin in Sodom was not homosexuality is based on this verse:
Ezekiel 16:49, "Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy."
But what they so conveniently neglect to do is provide is the very next verse:
Ezekiel 16:50, "And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good."
The writer uses the word abomination, Hebrew [tow'ebah], the same word in the Hebrew that is used to describe homosexuality in Leviticus 18:22! The sin in Sodom was on a grand scale, and included more than just homosexual behavior; but this does not take away from the scriptural proof that the event that occurred at Lot's home was driven by the burning homosexual appetites of the men of Sodom.
More BS. You go to great lengths to abuse others don't you.

Location hidden

#14687 May 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The Bible has little to do with God. Your God is too small.

Location hidden

#14688 May 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean when this was;
Proverbs 8:22-36 (GW)
“The LORD already possessed me long ago, when his way began, before any of his works.
23 I was appointed from everlasting from the first, before the earth began.
24 I was born before there were oceans, before there were springs filled with water.
25 I was born before the mountains were settled in their places and before the hills,
26 when he had not yet made land or fields or the first dust of the world.
27 “When he set up the heavens, I was there. When he traced the horizon on the surface of the ocean,
28 when he established the skies above, when he determined the currents in the ocean,
29 when he set a limit for the sea so the waters would not overstep his command, when he traced the foundations of the earth,
30 I was beside him as a master craftsman. I made him happy day after day, I rejoiced in front of him all the time,
31 found joy in his inhabited world, and delighted in the human race.
32 “Now, sons, listen to me. Blessed are those who follow my ways.
33 Listen to discipline, and become wise. Do not leave my ways.
34 Blessed is the person who listens to me, watches at my door day after day, and waits by my doorposts.
35 Whoever finds me finds life and obtains favor from the LORD.
36 Whoever sins against me harms himself. All those who hate me love death.”
Yea, that one and also the one about a dog returning to it's own vomit.

Location hidden

#14689 May 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah?
Ezekiel 16:49-50, 49 "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had PRIDE, EXCESS OF FOOD, and PROSPEROUS EASE, but DID NOT AID THE POOR AND NEEDY. 50 They were HAUGHTY and did an ABOMINATION before me. So I removed them, when I saw it."
The writer uses the word ABOMINATION, Hebrew tow'ebah, Strong #H8441,(a disgusting thing) the same word in the Hebrew that is used to describe HOMOSEXUALITY in
Leviticus 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an ABOMINATION."
The sin in Sodom was on a grand scale, and included more than just homosexual behavior; but this does not take away from the scriptural proof that the event that occurred at Lot's home was driven by the burning homosexual appetites of the men of Sodom.
You said, quote, "God would never commit mass murder." End quote.
Genesis 6:17-18, 17 "For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die. 18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you shall come into the ark, you, your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you."
If you think this is just a STORY....you do not know the God of the Bible.
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Keep in mind the ten commandments and all the Law of Moses did not exist." End quote.
Interesting concept. However, it is a concept with many holes. The law and command of God in fact did exist. Adam and Eve violated the law (command of God) and as a result were put out of the garden and death entered the world. Would you agree God was very serious regarding His commands?
The "Law of Moses" was in fact the law of God and His Ten Commandments. Moses was the vessel the Lord used to deliver His commands to the people of Israel they were not the "Law of Moses".
Genesis 2:16-17, 16 "And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, "You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."
Genesis 3:24, "He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life."
What commandment was in effect and broken in the myth of Sodom?

Location hidden

#14690 May 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Great!!!

Double the BS.

FUN!!!!

What a Jackass. Don't hit the enter key multiple times.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14691 May 4, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Law of Hospitality" was of great important in ancient times. It survives today in the "Three Day Rule" practiced by many cultures.
So, let's review ...
And at least TRY to remember that it's one of THEIR folktales, and that "Jude" is a corrupt source because it cites as authority works that aren't canonical in EITHER tradition.
Here is the specific passage;

Genesis 19:1-5 (NASB)
Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening as Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground.
2 And he said, "Now behold, my lords, please turn aside into your servant's house, and spend the night, and wash your feet; then you may rise early and go on your way." They said however, "No, but we shall spend the night in the square."
3 Yet he urged them strongly, so they turned aside to him and entered his house; and he prepared a feast for them, and baked unleavened bread, and they ate.
4 Before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, surrounded the house, both young and old, all the people from every quarter;
5 and they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them."

The way I read it, Lot welcomed the Angels and the whole city came to see them and wanted to get to know them. Seems pretty hospitable to me...

But you are saying God destroyed a whole city because of inhospitality?

And you ignore the direct reference to the situation, but quote things written long after the fact?

It is stupidity like that causing people to leave liberal churches.

Smirk.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14692 May 4, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What commandment was in effect and broken in the myth of Sodom?
So you are saying God destroyed an entire city because of inhospitality.

Oh, and Lot's wife was turned into a pillar of salt because she was going to miss inhospitality.

That makes sense to you? I'm shocked...

Smirk.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#14694 May 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the specific passage;
Genesis 19:1-5 (NASB)
Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening as Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground.
2 And he said, "Now behold, my lords, please turn aside into your servant's house, and spend the night, and wash your feet; then you may rise early and go on your way." They said however, "No, but we shall spend the night in the square."
3 Yet he urged them strongly, so they turned aside to him and entered his house; and he prepared a feast for them, and baked unleavened bread, and they ate.
4 Before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, surrounded the house, both young and old, all the people from every quarter;
5 and they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them."
The way I read it, Lot welcomed the Angels and the whole city came to see them and wanted to get to know them. Seems pretty hospitable to me...
But you are saying God destroyed a whole city because of inhospitality?
And you ignore the direct reference to the situation, but quote things written long after the fact?
It is stupidity like that causing people to leave liberal churches.
Smirk.
It is stupidity like yours that is causing people to leave all churches. Keep up the good work.

Big Smile

Location hidden

#14695 May 4, 2013
For those who want a little actual info ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 24 min AFTER wooden WHEE... 6,486
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 1 hr 2all 426
News End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation ... 2 hr CoconutGirlScoutC... 28
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 5 hr Jamal 34,547
News Clerk to quit, cites 'moral conviction' 9 hr Open Mind 126
News Japanese fans flock to Seoul for 'Yon-sama' wed... 9 hr Ainu 3
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 9 hr WeTheSheeple 613
More from around the web