Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 641)

Showing posts 12,801 - 12,820 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I particularly love Isaiah. It so consistently contradicts the Mosaic/Levitical/Deuteronomic codes when it comes to certain particulars, ALWAYS refocusing onto compassion.
Yeshua taught from the prophets, not the juridical codes.
Well, in this particular case, I am not so sure that Isaiah IS any sort of a contradiction with Deuteronomy, they are discussing two separate issues. Deuteronomy 23:1 is only dealing with castrated men (or men who have had some other form of damage, at any rate) whereas Isaiah is addressing the cariyc. I would ague that here at least, the word is referring very specifically to those gay men that never marry a woman, never have heirs to carry on their name.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Christ died for you . You are so ignorant and blind.
There has never been a Christ.
Jesus died for pissing off the Roman occupiers.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly 'love' nothing.
Love FULFILLS the spirit of the Law instead of the letter. It does not change it.
Jesus taught from both the Law and the prophets. You lied.
Smile.
Wow! Here I can actually say that you are right! Well, mostly right, anyway. It does not good to fulfill the spirit if you are violating the letter of the Law - if that is even possible.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Because He said He would.
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
Your lies about Jonathan and David noted.
That was not the God of the Bible, that was the false prophet Paul. Even then, that is not an accurate translation.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Since: Sep 08

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Yes, unlike your god who never did exist.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
And you will forever.
"fire and brimstone" "tormented" "forever"
Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Dollar's God is unworthy of worship. I spit on his puny God.
Glad I didn't say that.

MT 12 On the Day of Judgment ... by your words you will be condemned.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Dollar's God is unworthy of worship. I spit on his puny God.
Totally agree. Dollar's god lives in his head where he tells Dollar to condemn everyone that's not as ignorant as he is.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, consider:
A man would take multiple wives and serve as the provider and protector of all of them.
While definitely not ideal, living in a polygamist household was far better than the alternatives: prostitution, slavery, or starvation.
Having multiple wives also cause problems:
1 Kings 11:3-4
3 He had seven hundred wives of royal birth and three hundred concubines, and his wives led him astray.
4 As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and his heart was not fully devoted to the Lord his God, as the heart of David his father had been.
Note: his wives TURNED his heart after other gods....and his heart was NOT FULLY devoted to the Lord his God....
And part of the reason for that is that Solomon took wives that were not of the children of Israel, they were foreign. But do pay attention: the problem was NOT the multiple wives, but the fact that some of those wives were worshiping other Gods and convinced Sol to go along with them.

However, except in the most severe cases of depopulation of the males (war, perhaps?) there is never any NEED for one man to take many wives to "save" them from prostitution, slavery or starvation. As long as the sex ratio is reasonably close to balanced, there will be plenty of husbands.

Hmm, unless there were HUGE numbers of those gay cariycim running around...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not the God of the Bible, that was the false prophet Paul. Even then, that is not an accurate translation.
Your Satanic opinions noted and rejected. You are Biblically illiterate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Sundog512 wrote:
Yes, unlike your god who never did exist.
<quoted text>
Satanic lies. Satan is your father. That's why you make so many totally ignorant posts.

John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Satan is your mother. That's why you're ignorant.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Satanic lies. Satan is your father. That's why you make so many totally ignorant posts.
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree. Dollar's god lives in his head where he tells Dollar to condemn everyone that's not as ignorant as he is.
I guess small minds feel they must be better than somebody else. I say, small minds means small Gods.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Sundog512 wrote:
Satan is your mother. That's why you're ignorant.
<quoted text>
The difference is that I don't have to make it up like you do. I just quote God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess small minds feel they must be better than somebody else. I say, small minds means small Gods.
But Satan's children have tiny ignorant opinions.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

You just quote garbage that was made up by other men who are just as ignorant as you are.

That's not proof of anything.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that I don't have to make it up like you do. I just quote God.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Which is proof that you are a child of Satan.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
But Satan's children have tiny ignorant opinions.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Sadly, poor Bill is not firing on all cylinders.
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Sundog512 wrote:
You just quote garbage that was made up by other men who are just as ignorant as you are.
That's not proof of anything.
<quoted text>
All of your posts are "garbage" and filth that comes from your heart. You're like a garbage can. You are blind and perishing, heading for eternal fire.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Sundog512 wrote:
Sadly, poor Bill is not firing on all cylinders.
<quoted text>
You are going to Hell. I don't want your ignorant opinions. You can't help anyone.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Poor Bill. He's getting angry.

Just the way I like it.

;)
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
All of your posts are "garbage" and filth that comes from your heart. You're like a garbage can. You are blind and perishing, heading for eternal fire.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,801 - 12,820 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••