Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Wilson, NC

#14500 May 2, 2013
Yes, unlike your god who never did exist.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
And you will forever.
"fire and brimstone" "tormented" "forever"
Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14501 May 2, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Dollar's God is unworthy of worship. I spit on his puny God.
Glad I didn't say that.

MT 12 On the Day of Judgment ... by your words you will be condemned.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Wilson, NC

#14502 May 2, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Dollar's God is unworthy of worship. I spit on his puny God.
Totally agree. Dollar's god lives in his head where he tells Dollar to condemn everyone that's not as ignorant as he is.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#14503 May 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, consider:
A man would take multiple wives and serve as the provider and protector of all of them.
While definitely not ideal, living in a polygamist household was far better than the alternatives: prostitution, slavery, or starvation.
Having multiple wives also cause problems:
1 Kings 11:3-4
3 He had seven hundred wives of royal birth and three hundred concubines, and his wives led him astray.
4 As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and his heart was not fully devoted to the Lord his God, as the heart of David his father had been.
Note: his wives TURNED his heart after other gods....and his heart was NOT FULLY devoted to the Lord his God....
And part of the reason for that is that Solomon took wives that were not of the children of Israel, they were foreign. But do pay attention: the problem was NOT the multiple wives, but the fact that some of those wives were worshiping other Gods and convinced Sol to go along with them.

However, except in the most severe cases of depopulation of the males (war, perhaps?) there is never any NEED for one man to take many wives to "save" them from prostitution, slavery or starvation. As long as the sex ratio is reasonably close to balanced, there will be plenty of husbands.

Hmm, unless there were HUGE numbers of those gay cariycim running around...

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14504 May 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not the God of the Bible, that was the false prophet Paul. Even then, that is not an accurate translation.
Your Satanic opinions noted and rejected. You are Biblically illiterate.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14505 May 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Yes, unlike your god who never did exist.
<quoted text>
Satanic lies. Satan is your father. That's why you make so many totally ignorant posts.

John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Wilson, NC

#14506 May 2, 2013
Satan is your mother. That's why you're ignorant.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Satanic lies. Satan is your father. That's why you make so many totally ignorant posts.
John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14507 May 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree. Dollar's god lives in his head where he tells Dollar to condemn everyone that's not as ignorant as he is.
I guess small minds feel they must be better than somebody else. I say, small minds means small Gods.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14508 May 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Satan is your mother. That's why you're ignorant.
<quoted text>
The difference is that I don't have to make it up like you do. I just quote God.

John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14509 May 2, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess small minds feel they must be better than somebody else. I say, small minds means small Gods.
But Satan's children have tiny ignorant opinions.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Wilson, NC

#14513 May 2, 2013
You just quote garbage that was made up by other men who are just as ignorant as you are.

That's not proof of anything.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that I don't have to make it up like you do. I just quote God.
John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Wilson, NC

#14514 May 2, 2013
Which is proof that you are a child of Satan.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
But Satan's children have tiny ignorant opinions.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Wilson, NC

#14515 May 2, 2013
Sadly, poor Bill is not firing on all cylinders.
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess small minds feel they must be better than somebody else. I say, small minds means small Gods.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14516 May 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
You just quote garbage that was made up by other men who are just as ignorant as you are.
That's not proof of anything.
<quoted text>
All of your posts are "garbage" and filth that comes from your heart. You're like a garbage can. You are blind and perishing, heading for eternal fire.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14517 May 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Sadly, poor Bill is not firing on all cylinders.
<quoted text>
You are going to Hell. I don't want your ignorant opinions. You can't help anyone.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Wilson, NC

#14518 May 2, 2013
Poor Bill. He's getting angry.

Just the way I like it.

;)
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
All of your posts are "garbage" and filth that comes from your heart. You're like a garbage can. You are blind and perishing, heading for eternal fire.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Wilson, NC

#14519 May 2, 2013
There is no hell, Bill. I'm going the same place you are--to rot in the ground because this is all there is.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going to Hell. I don't want your ignorant opinions. You can't help anyone.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14520 May 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Poor Bill. He's getting angry.
Just the way I like it.
;)
<quoted text>
Why would I get angry? I don't want you to go to Hell.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#14521 May 2, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
There is no hell, Bill. I'm going the same place you are--to rot in the ground because this is all there is.
<quoted text>
Your belief in Hell is not required for your eternal residency therein.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Wilson, NC

#14522 May 2, 2013
Sure you do Bill. All "christians" want people who don't believe in their ignorance to go to hell. It's the tune they dance the superior dance to.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I get angry? I don't want you to go to Hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 min Rose_NoHo 14,729
News Op-ed: Cakes, gay rights and the American flag 21 min Frindly 36
News Gay couple, devout baker take cake fight to hig... 3 hr Wondering 66
News All bets are off at the Supreme Court 5 hr Wondering 26
News Gay man denied marriage license hopes to unseat... 6 hr Voter 78
News 'Selma and Stonewall': Gay rights issues divide... (Jan '13) 22 hr Balls At Work 117
News Will Donald Trump be invited to the royal wedding? Tue Trump is a joke 99
More from around the web