Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
12,721 - 12,740 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14415 Apr 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try fat boy. Your argument about David and Bathsheba was adultery. I simple equated the same with David and Jonathon, and now you ignore it. That's not a game, it's a stupid childish response to having no logical counter.
I'd suggest you revisit a number of your conclusions, starting with a new appraisal of your intelligence...
Smirk.
David had many wives. That's not adultery.

Location hidden

#14416 Apr 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Sure there is. That's why you hate it so much.
There isn't even one. It is perfectly fine to be homosexual.
Thinking

Atlanta, GA

#14417 Apr 30, 2013
There is no argument in the bible that promotes homosexuality either, so it is still wrong in the eyes of God

LEV 18:22
LEV 20:13

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14418 Apr 30, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
David had many wives. That's not adultery.
When you have sex with someone else's mate it is idiot.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#14419 Apr 30, 2013
Thinking wrote:
There is no argument in the bible that promotes homosexuality either, so it is still wrong in the eyes of God
Why should there be? The Bible writers were ignorant of human sexuality.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#14420 Apr 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try fat boy. Your argument about David and Bathsheba was adultery. I simple equated the same with David and Jonathon, and now you ignore it. That's not a game, it's a stupid childish response to having no logical counter.
I'd suggest you revisit a number of your conclusions, starting with a new appraisal of your intelligence...
Smirk.
No, silly child, it cannot be equated because they were completely different things. David wanted Bathsheba and had sex with her while she was married to Uriah the Hittite, and arrainged to have him killed. On the other hand, David and Johnathan married each other.

You are confusing xian retoric about 1 man 1 woman with the Biblical fact that a man was allowed to have multiple spouses. D&J did not commit adultery with their sex, D&B did.

Hmmm, now if David or Johnathan had had another HUSBAND, would that have made a difference? The Bible clearly shows that a man can have multiple spouses, but a woman is allowed only one husband. Now THERE is something to think about.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#14421 Apr 30, 2013
Thinking wrote:
"Promote"? Okay, I suppose that I could agree that it does not PROMOTE homosexuality, no more than it promotes blue eyes, or curly hair. On the other hand, there is no LEGITIMATE transaltion of the Bible that condemns homosexuality either, which is why the Bible celebrates the marriage of David and Johnathan.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#14422 Apr 30, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
And gays are still condemned to eternal Hell fire.
Gays are condemned to Hell fire TWICE in one verse.
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
Sweetie, you've whipped out a version of a verse that I know to to have been deliberately mistranslated and yet you wonder why I refer you back to scriptures regarding false prophets. Hello. If you want to pray that we are going to be kept out of the kingdom of heaven, you go right ahead. Just don't expect us to play along. By your fruit we know you, it ain't good.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#14423 May 1, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Dismissed on the grounds that you were sucking off Kaitlyn the Man Witch while typing that!
What, sir?

Location hidden

#14424 May 1, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
No, silly child, it cannot be equated because they were completely different things. David wanted Bathsheba and had sex with her while she was married to Uriah the Hittite, and arrainged to have him killed. On the other hand, David and Johnathan married each other.
You are confusing xian retoric about 1 man 1 woman with the Biblical fact that a man was allowed to have multiple spouses. D&J did not commit adultery with their sex, D&B did.
Hmmm, now if David or Johnathan had had another HUSBAND, would that have made a difference? The Bible clearly shows that a man can have multiple spouses, but a woman is allowed only one husband. Now THERE is something to think about.
No stuffed donut this morning fat boy.

Your supposed Sodomy between David and Jonathan occurred before your supposed marriage ceremony. Adultery.

Moreover, where does it say anyone can have multiple wives, or women cannot have multiple husbands?

If you weren't a depraved idiot, you'd be embarrassed. And afraid...

Snicker.
Thinking

London, UK

#14425 May 1, 2013
There's nothing in the bible to say my identity clone shouldn't smash up their computers with a hammer either. But I doubt they'd get the right end of the hammer unless the bible tells them how.
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
"Promote"? Okay, I suppose that I could agree that it does not PROMOTE homosexuality, no more than it promotes blue eyes, or curly hair. On the other hand, there is no LEGITIMATE transaltion of the Bible that condemns homosexuality either, which is why the Bible celebrates the marriage of David and Johnathan.

Location hidden

#14426 May 1, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Every legitimate translation includes condemnation of any sex outside of marriage between a man and woman.

Moreover, sex in marriage is promoted in both the OT and NT. If homosexual sex was accepted, there would certainly be an inclusion promoting it. Instead, the preponderance of all faiths condemn it as unnatural. Oh, along with common sense.

Instead, you have to look stupid trying to explain prohibitions and condemnations of Sodomy.

Want to try again, this has to be embarrassing...

Snicker.

Location hidden

#14427 May 1, 2013
Thinking wrote:
There's nothing in the bible to say my identity clone shouldn't smash up their computers with a hammer either. But I doubt they'd get the right end of the hammer unless the bible tells them how.
<quoted text>
Is there a wrong end of a hammer?

I say no.

Location hidden

#14428 May 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Every legitimate translation includes condemnation of any sex outside of marriage between a man and woman.
Moreover, sex in marriage is promoted in both the OT and NT. If homosexual sex was accepted, there would certainly be an inclusion promoting it. Instead, the preponderance of all faiths condemn it as unnatural. Oh, along with common sense.
Instead, you have to look stupid trying to explain prohibitions and condemnations of Sodomy.
Want to try again, this has to be embarrassing...
Snicker.
I feel your frustration. Whatcha gonna do?

The windmills won't fall no matter how many times you charge.

Carrion

“Atheism is the right choice”

Since: Jun 12

Ringwood, Australia

#14429 May 1, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Sure there is. That's why you hate it so much.
Hey there Nanoabnormality

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14430 May 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No stuffed donut this morning fat boy.
Your supposed Sodomy between David and Jonathan occurred before your supposed marriage ceremony. Adultery.
Moreover, where does it say anyone can have multiple wives, or women cannot have multiple husbands?
If you weren't a depraved idiot, you'd be embarrassed. And afraid...
Snicker.
Let us (humorously) review ...

Location hidden

#14431 May 1, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us (humorously) review ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OFkeKKszXTwXX
Yeah, that will deceitfully divert from having no logical retort.

You are so obvious, gay troll.

Snicker.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#14432 May 1, 2013
It hasn't pit anyone against anyone here. So probably not. Then again I live in a civilised country
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14433 May 1, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I could do that for a spouse...
For a friend....

Friendship.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#14434 May 1, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did nothing for which I need to thank him.
Might come back to bite you...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage opponents take lower profile 12 min Tam Phat 7
3 states, plaintiffs want Supreme Court to hear... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 13
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 2 hr KiMare 24,895
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Dick Topick 49,534
Protester storms Families meeting 3 hr Fa-Foxy 4
'Gayborhoods' fade with growing acceptance of LGBT 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 2
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 5 hr Way To Go Boro 31,199
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••