Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 637)

Showing posts 12,721 - 12,740 of16,111
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, ignorant child, there is no LEGITIMATE translation of any verse in the Bible that condemns homosexuality.
Sure there is. That's why you hate it so much.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the problems with high intelligence is boredom. One way to gain relief from boredom is through playing games with lesser minds...
Oh, and I agree with you that in addition to being married to each other, David and Johnathan married women.
Dismissed on the grounds that you were sucking off Kaitlyn the Man Witch while typing that!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the problems with high intelligence is boredom. One way to gain relief from boredom is through playing games with lesser minds...
Oh, and I agree with you that in addition to being married to each other, David and Johnathan married women.
Nice try fat boy. Your argument about David and Bathsheba was adultery. I simple equated the same with David and Jonathon, and now you ignore it. That's not a game, it's a stupid childish response to having no logical counter.

I'd suggest you revisit a number of your conclusions, starting with a new appraisal of your intelligence...

Smirk.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And you could name them.
On one hand.
Snicker.
Thousands. How many fingers do you think I have?

You must be kidding me again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try fat boy. Your argument about David and Bathsheba was adultery. I simple equated the same with David and Jonathon, and now you ignore it. That's not a game, it's a stupid childish response to having no logical counter.
I'd suggest you revisit a number of your conclusions, starting with a new appraisal of your intelligence...
Smirk.
David had many wives. That's not adultery.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Sure there is. That's why you hate it so much.
There isn't even one. It is perfectly fine to be homosexual.
Thinking

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

There is no argument in the bible that promotes homosexuality either, so it is still wrong in the eyes of God

LEV 18:22
LEV 20:13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
David had many wives. That's not adultery.
When you have sex with someone else's mate it is idiot.

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
There is no argument in the bible that promotes homosexuality either, so it is still wrong in the eyes of God
Why should there be? The Bible writers were ignorant of human sexuality.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
No, silly child, it cannot be equated because they were completely different things. David wanted Bathsheba and had sex with her while she was married to Uriah the Hittite, and arrainged to have him killed. On the other hand, David and Johnathan married each other.

You are confusing xian retoric about 1 man 1 woman with the Biblical fact that a man was allowed to have multiple spouses. D&J did not commit adultery with their sex, D&B did.

Hmmm, now if David or Johnathan had had another HUSBAND, would that have made a difference? The Bible clearly shows that a man can have multiple spouses, but a woman is allowed only one husband. Now THERE is something to think about.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
"Promote"? Okay, I suppose that I could agree that it does not PROMOTE homosexuality, no more than it promotes blue eyes, or curly hair. On the other hand, there is no LEGITIMATE transaltion of the Bible that condemns homosexuality either, which is why the Bible celebrates the marriage of David and Johnathan.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
And gays are still condemned to eternal Hell fire.
Gays are condemned to Hell fire TWICE in one verse.
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
Sweetie, you've whipped out a version of a verse that I know to to have been deliberately mistranslated and yet you wonder why I refer you back to scriptures regarding false prophets. Hello. If you want to pray that we are going to be kept out of the kingdom of heaven, you go right ahead. Just don't expect us to play along. By your fruit we know you, it ain't good.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Dismissed on the grounds that you were sucking off Kaitlyn the Man Witch while typing that!
What, sir?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
No, silly child, it cannot be equated because they were completely different things. David wanted Bathsheba and had sex with her while she was married to Uriah the Hittite, and arrainged to have him killed. On the other hand, David and Johnathan married each other.
You are confusing xian retoric about 1 man 1 woman with the Biblical fact that a man was allowed to have multiple spouses. D&J did not commit adultery with their sex, D&B did.
Hmmm, now if David or Johnathan had had another HUSBAND, would that have made a difference? The Bible clearly shows that a man can have multiple spouses, but a woman is allowed only one husband. Now THERE is something to think about.
No stuffed donut this morning fat boy.

Your supposed Sodomy between David and Jonathan occurred before your supposed marriage ceremony. Adultery.

Moreover, where does it say anyone can have multiple wives, or women cannot have multiple husbands?

If you weren't a depraved idiot, you'd be embarrassed. And afraid...

Snicker.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

There's nothing in the bible to say my identity clone shouldn't smash up their computers with a hammer either. But I doubt they'd get the right end of the hammer unless the bible tells them how.
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
"Promote"? Okay, I suppose that I could agree that it does not PROMOTE homosexuality, no more than it promotes blue eyes, or curly hair. On the other hand, there is no LEGITIMATE transaltion of the Bible that condemns homosexuality either, which is why the Bible celebrates the marriage of David and Johnathan.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Every legitimate translation includes condemnation of any sex outside of marriage between a man and woman.

Moreover, sex in marriage is promoted in both the OT and NT. If homosexual sex was accepted, there would certainly be an inclusion promoting it. Instead, the preponderance of all faiths condemn it as unnatural. Oh, along with common sense.

Instead, you have to look stupid trying to explain prohibitions and condemnations of Sodomy.

Want to try again, this has to be embarrassing...

Snicker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
There's nothing in the bible to say my identity clone shouldn't smash up their computers with a hammer either. But I doubt they'd get the right end of the hammer unless the bible tells them how.
<quoted text>
Is there a wrong end of a hammer?

I say no.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Every legitimate translation includes condemnation of any sex outside of marriage between a man and woman.
Moreover, sex in marriage is promoted in both the OT and NT. If homosexual sex was accepted, there would certainly be an inclusion promoting it. Instead, the preponderance of all faiths condemn it as unnatural. Oh, along with common sense.
Instead, you have to look stupid trying to explain prohibitions and condemnations of Sodomy.
Want to try again, this has to be embarrassing...
Snicker.
I feel your frustration. Whatcha gonna do?

The windmills won't fall no matter how many times you charge.

Carrion

“Atheism is the right choice”

Since: Jun 12

Melbourne

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Sure there is. That's why you hate it so much.
Hey there Nanoabnormality

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No stuffed donut this morning fat boy.
Your supposed Sodomy between David and Jonathan occurred before your supposed marriage ceremony. Adultery.
Moreover, where does it say anyone can have multiple wives, or women cannot have multiple husbands?
If you weren't a depraved idiot, you'd be embarrassed. And afraid...
Snicker.
Let us (humorously) review ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,721 - 12,740 of16,111
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••