Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
12,701 - 12,720 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

“T.H.I.N.K. Before you Speak”

Since: Sep 08

With My Wife and Family

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Wade wrote:
<quoted text>The claims of IQ versus religion are fiction. In reality, a college graduate is MUCH more likely to attend church that you uneducated people. Google it!
Telling her to google what you claim is like saying, "Prove I don't have ice cream in my pocket."

First: It is up to you to prove what you claim, not someone else.

Second: The higher the IQ level, the more the individual would really rather stay secluded, and that includes people and theories that they deem not worthy to waste time on. It is a fact that the smarter an individual is, the lonelier they are.

And my final point: If you want to appear as though you know what your talking about, try proof reading what you post.

I'll leave you with this:
“We were en route back to Israel after a visit to the USA, on an El Al flight. As our young son was sitting next to us, our 10-year-old-daughter had to sit next to a gentleman opposite us and she wasn’t too happy about it.”

After the meal she told us that he wanted to chat to her.

“Is that what you want?” we asked her.“You told me never to talk to strangers, Dad.”

“It’s okay on a plane and, we are right here. Go ahead.”

“I think that a long flight passes faster if one talks to a fellow passenger,”the gentleman told her.“Don’t you think so?”

“Well, I was going to play a game on my ipod touch,” she said, returning it to its case.“What do you want to talk about?”

“Oh, I don’t know. How about nuclear power?”

“Okay, that could be an interesting topic, but I want to ask you a question first. Is that okay?”

“Sure. Fire away.”

“Right. A horse, a cow and a deer all eat the same stuff, don’t they?” she asked.

“Yes, that’s right. They eat grass.”

“And deer excrete little pellets, cows turn out flat patties, and horses produce clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose this occurs?”

The man was visibly surprised by her statement and her intelligence. He thought about it then said; “Hmmm. I have no idea.”

Then she surprised him with; “Do you really feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don’t know shit, sir?”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Mr Rose S Bush wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, they married females and no longer were gay. Gays is a moment by moment choice condition. Hitler was gay, got married on a Monday and both his wife and he, Eva, committed suicide on a Tuesday, so gay Hitler was married too.
I love gay people, accept most happy people are straight.
BS. Many gay men have married females to keep up appearances. Some even had children and families. They were still gay. Well at least you got part of it. Yes they did marry females. The rest is pure drivel.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't have to ask your permission to cast gays and lesbians into Hell. He will simply do it.
Why? Because YOU demand it of Him? The God of the Bible is happy with gays, just as they are. That is why the Bible celebrates the marriage between David and Johnathan.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I offer to allow proof that I'm wrong. Still waiting. Biblical illiteracy cannot be hidden. The Bible itself reveals Biblical illiteracy.
Mark this day down, you actually make a correct post! The Bible itself DOES indeed reveal Biblical illiteracy, and that is why you have been shown to be so incredibly ignorant of the facts regarding what the Bible really says about homosexuality.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Samuel 18:3
3 And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself.
1 Samuel 20:17
17 And Jonathan had David reaffirm his oath out of love for him, because he loved him as he loved himself.
The feminine noun ahavah can describe the love of husband toward wife (Gen 29:20), God's love for his people,(Deut 7:8; II Chr 2:11), and deep abiding friendship (I Sam 18:3; I Sam 20:17).
http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Glossary/Wor...
1) love

a) human love for human object

1) of man toward man
2) of man toward himself
3) between man and woman
4) sexual desire
http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...

Hmm, David and Johnathan shared a SEXUAL love??? Yeah, goes right back to my point, no surprise. Facts have a nasty way of doing that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't accept friendship between David and Jonathan....I see...
I would HOPE that a married couple would also be friends.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jonathan has made a determination here.....that he would rather have David’s friendship then to have the kingdom.
He would rather be the friend of the King then be King.....
I just have to ask.....how awesome is that?
Jonathan saw the bigger picture.....and he was happy to let his friend increase.....to receive the glory.....and to take a backseat to the one who would become king.
Could you do that for your friend???
I could do that for a spouse...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to call Jesus your friend, you have to accept his sacrifice.
Just as David accepted Jonathan’s.....you have to come to the point where you are broken hearted over the sacrifice of your friend and all you can do is accept it and say "Thank You."
David couldn’t pay Jonathan back.....and you can’t pay Jesus back.
All you can do is accept it and say "Thanks."
There is no middle of the road here.....you either accept it.....or you don’t.
Jesus did nothing for which I need to thank him.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
And gays are still condemned to eternal Hell fire.
Gays are condemned to Hell fire TWICE in one verse.
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
Silly, ignorant child, there is no LEGITIMATE translation of any verse in the Bible that condemns homosexuality.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
David and Jonathan were married to other people too idiot.
You are a sacrilegious troll. I'd be afraid if I were you.
Smirk.
I* you were me, you would be intelligent enough to know that there is nothing to fear.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Mr Rose S Bush wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, they married females and no longer were gay. Gays is a moment by moment choice condition. Hitler was gay, got married on a Monday and both his wife and he, Eva, committed suicide on a Tuesday, so gay Hitler was married too.
I love gay people, accept most happy people are straight.
I think that you need to recognise that there the mental healtth professions do not ACCEPT your premises, and others who take EXCEPTion to your attitude.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Mr Rose S Bush wrote:
<quoted text>What a bunch of horse manure. I am sure you can prove that you are stupid. Oops, too late you already did.
Your claims-
"First: It is up to you to prove what you claim, not someone else."
Okay, then first prove the above claim or be known as an idiot.
If we accept what you say, then prove that homosexuality is not a choice. Prove that childhood abuse is not the cause of you and many gays to choose homosexuality.
Prove what you claim.
Second: The higher the IQ level, the more the individual would really rather stay secluded, and that includes people and theories that they deem not worthy to waste time on. It is a fact that the smarter an individual is, the lonelier they are.
Again, bull, you are just trying to justify your idiocy. You are lonely for your family, and you are as dumb as a rock. The smartest people I know are the most creative, most outgoing and can educate you on many subjects.
My two best friends from high school, alone, valedictorian and salutatorians, one is a doctor and movie producer, the other is the second Bill Gates. Both are outgoing. You can not even afford to erase your loneliness, which is why you seek to resolve it here instead of engaging people offline.
I went to universities where all the students were smart and had high IQs. Your diaper school is not indicative of higher learning or much learning at all.
Operant Fallacies:

Argumentum ad Ignorantiam
Onus Probandi
Argumentum e silentio
No True Scotsman
Texas Sharpshooter
Existential Fallacy
False attribution
Homunculus

and quite a list of others.

Your post (and the thinking behind it) is disordered.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of gay men have gotten married through out history.
And you could name them.

On one hand.

Snicker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Stinking wrote:
You made the claim, you prove it.
<quoted text>
You proved you were an idiot all by yourself.

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I* you were me, you would be intelligent enough to know that there is nothing to fear.
If you were intelligent, you wouldn't need to play games.

You have no legitimate answer for anything I have addressed.

Smile.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
<quoted text>
If you were intelligent, you wouldn't need to play games.
You have no legitimate answer for anything I have addressed.
Smile.
One of the problems with high intelligence is boredom. One way to gain relief from boredom is through playing games with lesser minds...

Oh, and I agree with you that in addition to being married to each other, David and Johnathan married women.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, ignorant child, there is no LEGITIMATE translation of any verse in the Bible that condemns homosexuality.
Sure there is. That's why you hate it so much.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the problems with high intelligence is boredom. One way to gain relief from boredom is through playing games with lesser minds...
Oh, and I agree with you that in addition to being married to each other, David and Johnathan married women.
Dismissed on the grounds that you were sucking off Kaitlyn the Man Witch while typing that!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try fat boy. Your argument about David and Bathsheba was adultery. I simple equated the same with David and Jonathon, and now you ignore it. That's not a game, it's a stupid childish response to having no logical counter.

I'd suggest you revisit a number of your conclusions, starting with a new appraisal of your intelligence...

Smirk.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And you could name them.
On one hand.
Snicker.
Thousands. How many fingers do you think I have?

You must be kidding me again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••