Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
12,561 - 12,580 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Jesus did not debate whether the nature of man is genetic or learned, but one thing is sure, He clearly defined what conduct is acceptable before God and that which is not.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is."

This is the age old battle between the desires of the flesh vs. the spirit.
Thinking

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Looks like your belief system is so pathetic you have resorted to stealing my identity.

Moral victory to me.

You're lying for jesus.
Thinking wrote:
On 2nd thought, God is great and needs to be respected, So i will now honor him and follow his commands before it is too late. Marriage is between a man and woman only.
Lev 18:22
Lev 20:13
1 Cor 6:9

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
Every time you mention God your Biblical ignorance gapes for all to see.
The way I see it sweetie, every time you mention God, the more you make it clear that while you claim with absolute certainty that you know Him, He doesn't know you.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>The way I see it sweetie, every time you mention God, the more you make it clear that while you claim with absolute certainty that you know Him, He doesn't know you.
Hey, God knows you bwefore you were even a twinkle in your parent's eye. God knows you more than you know yourself. God knows how many hairs are on your head, when you will die to the exact milisecond, God knows what you are going to do before you do it.
Thinking

Staines, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

So there is no free will and therefore no excuse for god to allow suffering.
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text> Hey, God knows you bwefore you were even a twinkle in your parent's eye. God knows you more than you know yourself. God knows how many hairs are on your head, when you will die to the exact milisecond, God knows what you are going to do before you do it.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
More ignorance.
Worthless opinion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it. How can YOU being Biblically illiterate ....?
Love false idols much?

I don't worship a book as you do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Thinking wrote:
We know for sure that the god you worship, if it exists, is not compassionate and all powerful.
<quoted text>
People tend to create God in there own image.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I accept the scholarly history of the world.
Most 'globally recognized history' is inaccurate. Yours is a perfect example. That is why I asked for a referenced account, and you won't provide one.
Snicker.
<quoted text>
Still hiding behind gay troll twirl?
Sissy.
Smile.
Still hiding behing ad hominem attacks because you know you're a liar?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it "wishful thinking"?
For the same reason it's nothing more than wishful thinking to say that if you don't eat lima beans, the invisible pink unicorn at the center of the Earth will cast your soul into a lake of magical monkey poo in the center of the sun after you die.

As soon as you can demonstrate why yours is true, I'll demonstrate why mine is. Or, if you want to play it the other way: if you can demonstrate why mine is not true, I'll demonstrate why yours isn't, either.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text> Hey, God knows you bwefore you were even a twinkle in your parent's eye. God knows you more than you know yourself. God knows how many hairs are on your head, when you will die to the exact milisecond, God knows what you are going to do before you do it.
And we are powerless to do anything other than what God already knows we will do, right?

Phelpsian Calvinism. You do realize you're employing the same argument the Westboro Baptist Church uses, right? You do realize that your God's omnipotence, as you describe it, negates any possibility of our free will, yes?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I accept the scholarly history of the world.
Most 'globally recognized history' is inaccurate. Yours is a perfect example. That is why I asked for a referenced account, and you won't provide one.
Snicker.
<quoted text>
Still hiding behind gay troll twirl?
Sissy.
Smile.
Most "globally recognized history" is inaccurate? Great. Let's play that game.

Which, if any, of the following are globally recognized historical events that are inaccurate depictions of historical reality?

A: Holocaust
B: Iraq/WMD/September 11th
C: Obama was born in Hawaii
D: Two of the above (specify, please)
E: All of the above

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time you mention God your Biblical ignorance gapes for all to see.
Gapes? I'll show you gapes: http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/9...
Fremont Rose

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you missed the part about 'A FEW MONTHS LATER.'
Frickin moron.
We were married in September of 2007 in New Jersey, and then again in California in July of 2008. OK so that's more than "a few" months. So sue me.
If none of them were legal, we are married. A tree is a tree even if the government doesn't recognize it as a tree. Reality is reality. We were married, therefore we are married.
You'll just have to deal with that, bitch.
Why would wwaste out time suing you. First, a tree is a tree and calling a dog a tree does not make it a tree. When you marry a woman, you being a man, then that is a marriage. You can get legally treed and call your union a tree. Fact is, you are only married in your mental illness state.

Of course you know you are going to hell, so that is not up for discussion. God does not call it a marriage,how could he, neither does your state.

By the way, let Rose TH know that you left California along with about 6,000 other fake same sex mirages.

By the way, we have assigned it a name it is called "same sex mirages". They are just as real as a mirage.
Fremont Rose

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
And we are powerless to do anything other than what God already knows we will do, right?
Phelpsian Calvinism. You do realize you're employing the same argument the Westboro Baptist Church uses, right? You do realize that your God's omnipotence, as you describe it, negates any possibility of our free will, yes?
Why not,since you are employing the same logic that NAMBLA and gay pedophiles empoy. You do know that nothing you gays do is outside what NAMBLA told you to do.

Also, omnipotence has nothing to do with freewill. Are you claiming to be omnipotent, because you can look back in time and predict what you did? Boy, you gays are jusr dumb. Get smart.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

razzmatazz wrote:
Hey, God knows you bwefore you were even a twinkle in your parent's eye. God knows you more than you know yourself. God knows how many hairs are on your head, when you will die to the exact milisecond, God knows what you are going to do before you do it.
Sweetie, Jesus Himself said that some folk are going to get the message that despite their certainty to the contrary, He never knew them. I was just passing that message along to someone who I see as really, really needing it.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>Why would wwaste out time suing you. First, a tree is a tree and calling a dog a tree does not make it a tree. When you marry a woman, you being a man, then that is a marriage. You can get legally treed and call your union a tree. Fact is, you are only married in your mental illness state.
Of course you know you are going to hell, so that is not up for discussion. God does not call it a marriage,how could he, neither does your state.
By the way, let Rose TH know that you left California along with about 6,000 other fake same sex mirages.
By the way, we have assigned it a name it is called "same sex mirages". They are just as real as a mirage.
I agree. Whites and blacks together aren't REAL marriages. The definition of marriage according to the law was clear, and someone tried to redefine the term, but that attempted redefinition doesn't change facts: race-mixing is antithetical to God's plan and is not marriage. EVER.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>Why not,since you are employing the same logic that NAMBLA and gay pedophiles empoy. You do know that nothing you gays do is outside what NAMBLA told you to do.
Also, omnipotence has nothing to do with freewill. Are you claiming to be omnipotent, because you can look back in time and predict what you did? Boy, you gays are jusr dumb. Get smart.
Do we have the free will to choose to do something contrary to your God's knowledge about what we will do? Are we predestined to do what your God knows we will do, or is it possible to surprise your God by exerting our free will to contradict his understanding of what we will do?

If we can't avoid doing what God already knows what we will do, then we have only an illusion of free will. An illusion of free will is no free will at all.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Whites and blacks together aren't REAL marriages. The definition of marriage according to the law was clear, and someone tried to redefine the term, but that attempted redefinition doesn't change facts: race-mixing is antithetical to God's plan and is not marriage. EVER.
Did you know Moses had an interracial marriage?

That was a rhetorical question.

Idiot.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••