Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14091 Apr 20, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>If it were not yet sundown on Saturday where you are when you began posting, you would be doing so in violation of the Sabbath. You would be working and causing others to work when God commands this day be kept holy. The penalty for your actions would be death. It's one of some 30 odd reasons God insists we put folk to death for their actions. You claim to have read the Book, you should know this already. You may want to brush up on them.
Does that mean murder is now okay?

How about adultery?

Or a favorite of yours, lying?

Snicker smirk.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14092 Apr 20, 2013
Jonathan grobler wrote:
<quoted text>]
If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.(Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
Can't be done. The Bible lies.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14093 Apr 20, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Since it is a heresy that they would, not at all.
I think they might burn for a period of time but most die from smoke inhalation.

"When this method of execution was applied with skill, the condemned’s body would burn progressively in the following sequence: calves, thighs and hands, torso and forearms, breasts, upper chest, face; and then finally death. On other occasions, people died from suffocation with only their calves on fire. Several records report that victims took over two hours to die. In many burnings a rope was attached to the convict’s neck passing through a ring on the stake and they were simultaneously strangled and burnt."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_by_burnin...

Whoever wrote about eternal hell-fire and damnation must have been a sadist. Would God really condone such wickedness?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#14094 Apr 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You demand I either excuse ALL genocide, or condemn ALL genocide?
What a stupid constraint.
I have no problem with God's choice to command genocide. Especially after reading the history of those cultures.
You have already answered my question about abortion.
Smirk.
So, as long as you believe God has commanded an atrocity, it's ok.

If you were absolutely convinced that God had commanded you to kidnap, rape, torture, and kill infants, would you do it?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14095 Apr 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How about adultery?
Snicker smirk.
Should adultery be a capital offense?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14096 Apr 20, 2013
Jonathan grobler wrote:
<quoted text>\
I am not afraid to reveil my identity I am in south africa.
And the old testimate holds just as much power as the new testament
please tell me how I have broken eny law?
Do you eat shellfish?

Do you wear mixed fabrics?

Do you have any idea what Leviticus says other than what it says about homosexuality?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#14097 Apr 20, 2013
Buttercup, if you had actually bothered to try and comprehend the post you claim to have read, you should have learned that I was instructing our Leviticus quoter, as to other places where God insists we do his dirty work and kill people for their transgressions that he was probably unaware. You may want to brush up on them yourself and be thankful Jesus put a limit on the rock throwing by your fellow Christians.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#14098 Apr 20, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
What would happen if it was a capital offense?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#14099 Apr 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
You wouldn't get to do it again, EVER. Being dead kind of makes sure of that.

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#14100 Apr 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You demand I either excuse ALL genocide, or condemn ALL genocide?
What a stupid constraint.
I have no problem with God's choice to command genocide. Especially after reading the history of those cultures.
You have already answered my question about abortion.
Smirk.
Why do you fundies lie so much? I didn't demand that you either excuse or condemn all genocide, I asked you if genocide was acceptable to you. You have now made it clear that genocide is acceptable to you. You may say that it is acceptable when ordered by the god you believe in, but how can you be selective in your judgement about a thing like genocide, do you apply the same sort of twisted logic to another heinous crime, rape? Do you think that some rapes are acceptable too?
You say that I have already answered your question about abortion. Really? Perhaps you would like to show my post to you where I answered your question about abortion, because you are either simply mistaken about that or you are a blatant liar. I go for the latter. As I said at the start of my post, why do you fundies lie so much?

Location hidden

#14101 Apr 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they might burn for a period of time but most die from smoke inhalation.
"When this method of execution was applied with skill, the condemned’s body would burn progressively in the following sequence: calves, thighs and hands, torso and forearms, breasts, upper chest, face; and then finally death. On other occasions, people died from suffocation with only their calves on fire. Several records report that victims took over two hours to die. In many burnings a rope was attached to the convict’s neck passing through a ring on the stake and they were simultaneously strangled and burnt."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_by_burnin...
Whoever wrote about eternal hell-fire and damnation must have been a sadist. Would God really condone such wickedness?
I think hell is God honoring the request of those who reject him;

Eternal existence totally apart from God.

A polite and just response.

Right?

Location hidden

#14102 Apr 21, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, as long as you believe God has commanded an atrocity, it's ok.
If you were absolutely convinced that God had commanded you to kidnap, rape, torture, and kill infants, would you do it?
The first atrocity was the behavior of a perverted culture.

The second atrocity is you ignoring it.

Justice is God ending it.

He never approves the kidnap, rape, and torture of anyone.

In fact, the nations he used to judge perverted cultures were themselves judged if they utilized those tactics.

Your ignorant slip is showing...

Smile.

Location hidden

#14103 Apr 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How about adultery?
Snicker smirk.
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question idiot.

Got a problem?

Snicker bazinga!

Location hidden

#14104 Apr 21, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you eat shellfish?
Do you wear mixed fabrics?
Do you have any idea what Leviticus says other than what it says about homosexuality?
Shellfish while only 20% of consumed seafood is responsible for 80% of seafood poisoning. IN THIS DAY! Imagine what it was like before safe handling was instituted.

Forbidding mixed fabric was to distinguish Jews from other cultures. A 'uniform' if you may.

Again, the OT law forbids murder, adultery and lying. That is stupid too, stupid?

Smirk.

Location hidden

#14105 Apr 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Great point!

What they knowingly deny is that these very laws have distinguished and protected the Hebrew culture from every other culture.

I grew up in Rockford.

Blessings.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#14106 Apr 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't write our MANY English Bibles that condemn gays to Hell.
No, YOU didn't, but nit-wits just like you did - it was nit-wits like you who authored the corrupt revisions in your "MANY English Bibles that condemn gays to hell'. Nit-wits like you changed the original wording and meaning of passages to reflect their own prejudice and self-serving opinions, by inserting the words "homosexual/s" and "Christian/s" where heretofore they'd never been.
You believe God will burn gays in eternal Hellfire! It's because you're wicked, that you think God is.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14108 Apr 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I think hell is God honoring the request of those who reject him;
Eternal existence totally apart from God.
A polite and just response.
Right?
And as soon as you demonstrate the existence of this God and Hell, you'll have a point.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14109 Apr 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The first atrocity was the behavior of a perverted culture.
The second atrocity is you ignoring it.
Justice is God ending it.
He never approves the kidnap, rape, and torture of anyone.
In fact, the nations he used to judge perverted cultures were themselves judged if they utilized those tactics.
Your ignorant slip is showing...
Smile.
How do you know God would never approve the kidnap, rape, and torture of someone? Who are you to claim knowledge of the mind of God?

Abraham was absolutely convinced that God wanted him to kill his son. Why? Because he's the kind of God one would reasonably expect to demand the murder of one's own child. It was not out of God's character to command infanticide. Had God commanded such before? If it was the first time, would Abraham have been correct in denying such a command because it wasn't something his God would approve of? Likewise, who are you to tell God what he can and can't command someone to do?

By the way, your God most certainly does condone abduction and rape.

Judges 21:10-24
Numbers 31:7-18
Deuteronomy 20:10-14
2 Samuel 12:11-14
Zechariah 14:1-2

So, I guess it's only the torture bit you must think God wouldn't command. Of course, if you don't agree that rape can be torture, then I suppose you might have a leg to stand on.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#14110 Apr 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Great point!
What they knowingly deny is that these very laws have distinguished and protected the Hebrew culture from every other culture.
I grew up in Rockford.
Blessings.
Too bad they didn't protect the other cultures from the Hebrews.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#14111 Apr 21, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
And as soon as you demonstrate the existence of this God and Hell, you'll have a point.
The way I see it, our world and the universe beyond brings us much beauty and many mysteries that science has yet to explain. Could this be evidence of an existing G-d? Entirely possible. There are things we see every day that make us think that only G-d could be responsible for something that amazing and beautiful.

As for hell full of fire and some ridiculous lake? A crapload of bs, doesn't exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Muslim cleric tells Australians: 'Husbands shou... (Jan '09) 4 hr Vikram 54
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 15 hr crucifiedguy 4,740
News Video company challenges gay marriage law Thu Shirvell s Shrivel 2
News Were 'Fixer Upper' Stars Chip and Joanna Gaines... Thu Shirvell s Shrivel 18
News Democrats pressure Obama to offer blanket pardo... Wed Wildchild 1
News Japan's sex problem is so bad that people are q... Wed Dr Modi 1
News Nicole Kidman's priest says actress hopes one d... Dec 6 Sco-ttt 2
More from around the web