Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16102 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#13999 Apr 19, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundies don't know anything about the history of Christianity.
That is because they don't want to admit that it was all invented centuries after Jesus was executed by the Romans for his crimes, by people that never met the historical Jesus...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14001 Apr 19, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
"Normal" has always meant "normal". "Gay" has been hijacked by the fortunately minority homosexual contingent, who are certainly not normal.
Not truly British, are you. With England's LONG maritime history with the Low Countries, you'd know that "gay" came from the Dutch able-seaman's slang, "ghey", meaning "randy", as in "the randy tar".

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14002 Apr 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Homophobes are cu*ts.
<quoted text>
You are clearly a homophobephobe.

Snicker.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#14003 Apr 19, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you are one of the perverts I refer to in my post.
My education is intact. More intact than your an*s.
Indeed.... "pervert" is such a subjective word, so... official sounding... although you seem interested enough to seek it out.

Location hidden

#14004 Apr 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You would take the word of Wiki (which is NOT always right and not biblical) over the Word of God.....
No matter how you twist it or turn it....we are under the New Testament and Paul is NOT a false prophet.....
Marcionism is a heresy, and a part of the history of Xiandom. It was an issue in the minds of the people who were compiling the anthology you worship. Irenaeus, for one. Eusebius referred to it later.

Those old heresies crop up again and again and again because they find their roots in Saulianism.

It's what is meant by "bad fruit".

#14005 Apr 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
This has already been explained to you.....SIN...
What you have missed is that the destruction was punishment for SIN, something that God has always done when necessary.
Pure BS!

1 Samuel 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Now, I could maybe see slaying the men that had "sinned" against Israel. Maybe. Much harder to justify for the women. Infants? Sucklings? No, there can be no justification for such killing.

Unless you acknowledge that there are MANY Gods, and the God of the children of Israel was NOT the God of the Amalekites. Then it is just one more sad episode in history of killing off rivals for a coveted prize.

Location hidden

#14006 Apr 19, 2013
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
And you seem to be deliberately avoiding answering a simple question. Do you or do you not believe that slaughtering men women and children in an act of genocide is wrong? Why the reticence on this, what are you afraid of?
Hardly honey, I answered it with my first response. God clearly justified genocide with both a flood and fire. I stand by His judgment.

Do you approve of abortion?

Location hidden

#14007 Apr 19, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Appeal to Numbers Fallacy.
Talk to someone else.
Get cornered and you run.

Surprise, surprise.

Smirk.

#14008 Apr 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
You're not planning to murder everyone except eight inbred incest pests are you?
<quoted text>
Especially when you consider that one of those eight went into to uncover the nakedness* of his own father!

* "Uncovering the nakedness" was used as Biblical slang for having sex.

Eew.

#14009 Apr 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing. They just don't have Christian salvation.
I don't have a pet unicorn, either. Guess which one actually makes me sad...

#14010 Apr 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Do you believe in the bible?
<quoted text>
Of course he does not. If he did, he could not be a xian.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#14011 Apr 19, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
yep, pretty much alone in the lunchroom of life I'd say
These boys have active and quite vivid imaginations, so they are never really alone, that's why nobody else wants to sit with them. Already too crowded and their imaginary friends are weird.

#14012 Apr 19, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the footnotes.
It's what real academics do.
Maybe "Truth" can't check the footnotes 'cause he's in a place where they won't let him take off his shoes...

Location hidden

#14013 Apr 19, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure BS!
1 Samuel 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
Now, I could maybe see slaying the men that had "sinned" against Israel. Maybe. Much harder to justify for the women. Infants? Sucklings? No, there can be no justification for such killing.
Unless you acknowledge that there are MANY Gods, and the God of the children of Israel was NOT the God of the Amalekites. Then it is just one more sad episode in history of killing off rivals for a coveted prize.
And pinning the blame on "god".

Location hidden

#14014 Apr 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Surprise, surprise.
Smirk.
If I were "cornered" I couldn't "run".

That post exemplifies my problem with you, quite nicely.

Again, talk to someone else. I've got to go get my carry-on inspected for the last hop.

#14015 Apr 19, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
"Normal" has always meant "normal". "Gay" has been hijacked by the fortunately minority homosexual contingent, who are certainly not normal.
"Normal" usually refers to average. However, it also refers to that which can be seen as part of the range of expected results.

Homosexuality is not average, but it is part of the expected range of results of sexual orientation.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#14016 Apr 19, 2013
Liam R wrote:
I don't have a pet unicorn, either. Guess which one actually makes me sad...
What, you would rather have a pet unicorn than an eternity with our good Christian friend? He keeps telling us that Jesus will be there too.

Location hidden

#14017 Apr 19, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were "cornered" I couldn't "run".
That post exemplifies my problem with you, quite nicely.
Again, talk to someone else. I've got to go get my carry-on inspected for the last hop.
Really?

In a literary sense, you couldn't run if you were cornered?

It exemplifies a problem for sure, but it isn't me.

Smile.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#14018 Apr 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Surprise, surprise.
Smirk.
pfffffft....

Snyper doesn't suffer fools well. You are a waste of his time.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#14020 Apr 19, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
"Normal" usually refers to average. However, it also refers to that which can be seen as part of the range of expected results.
Homosexuality is not average, but it is part of the expected range of results of sexual orientation.
I like to think of it as heterosexuals are common. Homosexuals are uncommon. Normal is such a subjective term.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 40 min nhjeff 461
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 1 hr MORMON HUMAN RIGH... 6,573
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 1 hr WasteWater 831
News Oregon issues final order in gay wedding cake case 3 hr Jon Boy 9
News End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation ... 4 hr MORMON HUMAN RIGH... 81
News McGowan, Nall to wed 5 hr confused 1
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 hr Mark 52,069
More from around the web