Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

The Oracle

London, UK

#13957 Apr 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
No, but your homophobia defines you.
<quoted text>

The voice of a pervert.
The Oracle

London, UK

#13958 Apr 19, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
...like the word "normal" was a very nice word until hijacked by people like you...

"Normal" has always meant "normal". "Gay" has been hijacked by the fortunately minority homosexual contingent, who are certainly not normal.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#13959 Apr 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
But I don't. You're still a liar.
That is EXACTLY what you are doing, sweetie. If I read the Book correctly, you stand before Jesus, not the other way around. It's HIS call as to whether you get the whole Christian thing right, not yours, no matter how absolutely, unequivocally, unshakably certain you are that you have.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Dear, sweet, Christian, you are saying unto Him, Lord, Lord, please feel the same way about the homosexuals as I have chosen to believe you do. That my dear is nothing more than a prayer.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#13960 Apr 19, 2013
Mirror Mirror Face wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously, he does have a victory, since your only aim was to try to harass and you had no interest in the truth. What makes you think that we are any are interested in your self-serving denial. Your challenges are not our issue, since we all only given over to share salvation. If you have not grow up enough to hear or receive it, then on to the next one, our job is done.
I'm sorry, but you are the ones who have not only wholesale dismissed from your ranks an entire group of people and have failed miserably in the face of scriptural accuracy to prove your correctness in doing so, but you are the same people who try to shape our society to foster in our laws the same exclusion you are making in your religion. There are many devoutly Christian gays and lesbians, my partner being one of them, and before you exclude them from not only the kingdom of god but the rights and privileges of every American citizen you damned well owe it to all of us to prove you have a God-given right to do so. If demanding the truth makes me immature, so be it, but your continual pandering to your error proves you don't even know what the job IS, let alone have done it.

Location hidden

#13961 Apr 19, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
"Normal" has always meant "normal". "Gay" has been hijacked by the fortunately minority homosexual contingent, who are certainly not normal.
Not when you apply it to people like yourself, Sweet thing; in that application it becomes rather odious
The Oracle

London, UK

#13962 Apr 19, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
Not when you apply it to people like yourself, Sweet thing; in that application it becomes rather odious

Well you would know all about being an odious pervert Ruby.

Location hidden

#13963 Apr 19, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you would know all about being an odious pervert Ruby.
You certainly right about that, Muffin, I definitely know it when I encounter it
Thinking

Sheffield, UK

#13964 Apr 19, 2013
Straw man.

I care about more than one issue.
Mirror Mirror Face wrote:
<quoted text>Please be rational and make sense for once. Why would anyone be angry about gays except gays and perhaps those who have family members who have chosen to be gay.
I get angry at the gay leadership and media who are killing these people. I had a meeting with Kaiser over the amount of money donated to so-called gay activist groups in the name of AIDS. One the money was not going there and two, more gays die of all of these, cancer, heart disease, diabetes and suicide.
That said, why would you care more about same sex marriage than gays dying. Even so, with children dying of leukemia and cancer and hate crimes against black, there is an order of concern that you are missing in the name of political correctness.
Thinking

Sheffield, UK

#13965 Apr 19, 2013
Clearly, I can't hear your voice but it is odd that admit that you have the voice of a pervert.
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
The voice of a pervert.

this one

#13966 Apr 19, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
What is and is not "normal", is pretty much in the eye of the beholder, dear. You including yourself among those who most folk would see as "normal" makes me wonder if you might need an optometrist. If you want to see anything and everything that you consider to be "homosexual" to fall into the category of the not "normal", that would be nobody's problem but your own.

As for "gay", it was used as a reference to those who it would be surprising if they weren't homosexual dating back at least to the 1920's. There's been all sorts words used in reference to homosexuals ever since there have been homosexuals, which pretty much has been as long as there have been people. They come, they go, sometimes they come back again. Sometimes they have a positive inference, but quite often really negative. For those of us who are "homosexual" (a 19th century addition), we have to talk about ourselves, especially if we're looking for someone of a similar "bent" (1910's-1940's). When we first began talking openly about ourselves back in the 1850's, the first word that caught on was "Uranian", but that only lasted for a decade or so. Scientists began writing about people they called "homosexuals" in the 1860's and that became "ours". The word "gay" came about because in this country in particular, we became almost obsessively prudish dating back to the beginnings of the 20th century and homosexual has the sex right their for anyone to see. Non-"gay" folk started it as way of mentioning it in public and usually in a less than polite manner. We took it, because we want y'all to think of the rest of our lives, you know, when you're only focusing on your fantasies about our sex lives.

Location hidden

#13967 Apr 19, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>What is and is not "normal", is pretty much in the eye of the beholder, dear. You including yourself among those who most folk would see as "normal" makes me wonder if you might need an optometrist. If you want to see anything and everything that you consider to be "homosexual" to fall into the category of the not "normal", that would be nobody's problem but your own.
As for "gay", it was used as a reference to those who it would be surprising if they weren't homosexual dating back at least to the 1920's. There's been all sorts words used in reference to homosexuals ever since there have been homosexuals, which pretty much has been as long as there have been people. They come, they go, sometimes they come back again. Sometimes they have a positive inference, but quite often really negative. For those of us who are "homosexual" (a 19th century addition), we have to talk about ourselves, especially if we're looking for someone of a similar "bent" (1910's-1940's). When we first began talking openly about ourselves back in the 1850's, the first word that caught on was "Uranian", but that only lasted for a decade or so. Scientists began writing about people they called "homosexuals" in the 1860's and that became "ours". The word "gay" came about because in this country in particular, we became almost obsessively prudish dating back to the beginnings of the 20th century and homosexual has the sex right their for anyone to see. Non-"gay" folk started it as way of mentioning it in public and usually in a less than polite manner. We took it, because we want y'all to think of the rest of our lives, you know, when you're only focusing on your fantasies about our sex lives.

Sweetie, I have to add that if this clod ever comes to represent "normal" it's GAME OVER as far as America is concerned. This country was founded by people with a different point of view and we have found our strength by our willingness to find a different way of doing things. Our country is not threatened by gay marriage, the threat of collapse comes by virtue of a herd mentality, static intellect and a rigid approach that refuses to evolve with an ever-changing world.
The Oracle

London, UK

#13968 Apr 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Clearly, I can't hear your voice but it is odd that admit that you have the voice of a pervert.
<quoted text>

That is a pathetic response "Thinking". You are obviously misnamed.
The Oracle

London, UK

#13969 Apr 19, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>What is and is not "normal", is pretty much in the eye of the beholder, dear. You including yourself among those who most folk would see as "normal" makes me wonder if you might need an optometrist. If you want to see anything and everything that you consider to be "homosexual" to fall into the category of the not "normal", that would be nobody's problem but your own.

Yaaawn!!! Oh how boring you poofs are.

this one

#13974 Apr 19, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
Yaaawn!!! Oh how boring you poofs are.
If that was the best you could muster, why even bother, pumpkin? I already had you pegged as an empty headed *ss who couldn't do real well at faking a clue, but thanks for letting me know I was right.

this one

#13975 Apr 19, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
Sweetie, I have to add that if this clod ever comes to represent "normal" it's GAME OVER as far as America is concerned. This country was founded by people with a different point of view and we have found our strength by our willingness to find a different way of doing things. Our country is not threatened by gay marriage, the threat of collapse comes by virtue of a herd mentality, static intellect and a rigid approach that refuses to evolve with an ever-changing world.
The only way that boy can get close to "normal" is move to Illinois and I imagine they'd put up one heck of a fight if they knew he was coming.
The Oracle

London, UK

#13976 Apr 19, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>If that was the best you could muster, why even bother, pumpkin? I already had you pegged as an empty headed *ss who couldn't do real well at faking a clue, but thanks for letting me know I was right.

Your petty insults define you as just another pathetic poof..
The Oracle

London, UK

#13977 Apr 19, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>The only way that boy can get close to "normal" is move to Illinois and I imagine they'd put up one heck of a fight if they knew he was coming.

No matter how much you and "The Dyke" schmooz, you will always simply be perverts to normal people who only use their *ss for sh*tting.

Location hidden

#13978 Apr 19, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how much you and "The Dyke" schmooz, you will always simply be perverts to normal people who only use their *ss for sh*tting.
I'd suggest you stop talking out of yours, since it pretty well puts the lie to your self-inclusion
The Oracle

London, UK

#13979 Apr 19, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd suggest you stop talking out of yours, since it pretty well puts the lie to your self-inclusion

Weak response Ruby. You are amusing though, pathetically posturing with Rick in your perverted homosexual environs.

Pretending to be married will never turn queers straight. Nor will it make perverts normal.

this one

#13980 Apr 19, 2013
The Oracle wrote:
Your petty insults define you as just another pathetic poof..
And how do your petty insults and inability to discuss anything other than your petty insults define you, sweetie? "Normal"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spokesman: George HW Bush hospitalized with blo... 1 hr Father and Son 1
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 20 hr Wisdom of Ages 19,234
News It's Time For Israel To Recognize That Diaspora... Apr 21 yidfellas v USA 1
News Westboro Baptist Church heading to West for fir... (Apr '13) Apr 20 vaginal odor 41
News Space ship found in ice, Hillary's boozing, and... (Jun '17) Apr 20 Anonymous 23
News Miss America 2005 marries same-sex partner in A... Apr 19 Wondering 3
News Colorado Springs' 'church of misfits' Apr 15 jac 1