Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#13458 Apr 15, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
UP "... the only way for one to be fruitful and multiply is between a man and woman, PERIOD!!"
That is your understanding.
However, YOUR understanding is not the ONLY understanding of what it means "to be fruitful and to multiply".
There are innumerable ways one can be fruitful and multiply. Take for instance teachers and the fruitfulness of teaching.
The teacher's knowledge mutiplies in the students who gain knowledge from their teaching.
Multiply doesn't ONLY mean to procreate. Multiply also means propogate (plants); increase, grow, generate, or cause to..
Just as "fruitful" doesn't ONLY mean "bearing offspring". Fruitful also means worthwhile, productive, beneficial, prolific, and meaningful.
To be fruitful and multiply can apply to one's self, to one making the effort to improve themselves or to better their education; to being more positive, more understanding, more honest, more helpful; to increase one's skills or learn one....
ANYONE can be fruitful and multiply.
Marriage was never meant to glory or sanctify heterosexual procreation and family, it was meant to limit heteros to a single sex partner and make them responsible for the children that resulted from their sexual unions.
And if "God made man for woman", I shall encourage MINE to follow his heart and marry whomever he pleases.
You wrote:

And if "God made man for woman", I shall encourage MINE to follow his heart and marry whomever he pleases.

Marriage partners are to leave all others and cleave to each other.

Genesis 2:18 says: "Then the Lord God said,'It is not good for a man to be alone; I will make HIM a HELPER suitable for HIM'."

The HOME is the basic unit of society and is ordained of God.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#13460 Apr 15, 2013
Uncircumcised Philistine wrote:
-God...
Your religious beliefs are irrelevant. If you want a theocracy, you don't want to live in America.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#13461 Apr 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
However, anal sex is still inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Smile.
Even if that were conceded, it's entirely irrelevant.

Cutting off one's own limbs without a physical need to do so (like gangrene or having a limb inextricably trapped under boulders on a mountain, etc.) is potentially all those things. Should people who do that be allowed to marry?

Are pedophiles allowed to marry?

Are rapists allowed to marry?

Are murderers allowed to marry?

Are alcoholics allowed to marry?

Are embezzlers allowed to marry?

Are war criminals allowed to marry?

Are child abductors allowed to marry?

Are the criminally insane allowed to marry?

By the way...isn't something only demeaning if the "demeaned" sees it as such? Isn't that the same as saying that it's a dishonor upon a girl's family for her to get raped? If not, how do you think it's different?
XavierBreath

Hoboken, NJ

#13462 Apr 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course science can circumvent the union of a ovum and sperm outside of sex.
Kind of takes the fun out of it, doesn't it?
And it still exposes the mating defect of homosexuality.
Your point?
Snicker.
Gee..... you sound a little fixated on mating. Only 'your' way is correct, eh? Not much imagination for an old man.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#13463 Apr 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What a blonde gay twirl.
You don't need marriage for multiplying anything.
But if you want a wise and healthy place to multiply humans, marriage is the cross cultural setting. Ss couples can't multiply those numbers.
Bazinga!
Neither can the infertile, those who choose not to reproduce, the terminally infirm, and the elderly, but you do support allowing them to marry, yes?

Would you support the segregation of homosexuals to a colony of some sort, so they're not part of general society? If not, why not?
XavierBreath

Hoboken, NJ

#13464 Apr 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
The HOME is the basic unit of society and is ordained of God.
I think shelter was around BEFORE people invented your god.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#13465 Apr 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course science can circumvent the union of a ovum and sperm outside of sex.
Kind of takes the fun out of it, doesn't it?
And it still exposes the mating defect of homosexuality.
Your point?
Snicker.
Then, why should the infertile or elderly be allowed to marry?

Is marriage in America a purely reproductive enterprise, or is it something more than that? If reproduction is such a key component, should there be a test for reproductive capability and intent? If people don't reproduce, should their marriages be annulled?
XavierBreath

Hoboken, NJ

#13466 Apr 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What a blonde gay twirl.
You don't need marriage for multiplying anything.
But if you want a wise and healthy place to multiply humans, marriage is the cross cultural setting. Ss couples can't multiply those numbers.
Bazinga!
Why are you so concerned with reproduction? Are you afraid humans will become extinct?.... as if YOU could do anything about it.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#13467 Apr 15, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, idiot, I was talking about Dr.Nicholas Cummings. Also, son, science does not allow for retractions only new studies, so Spitzer's studies remain and never were retracted. Also, Spitzer only said years later, 10, after constant gay harassment, that he may have questions about his own studies and the veracity of the subjects.
So, stop lying, breather.
Actually, a study CAN be retracted when/if the person who conducted it realizes and admits bias, error, or other issues that would invalidate any results from the study.

Don't let things like facts get in the way.
XavierBreath

Hoboken, NJ

#13468 Apr 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
However, anal sex is still inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Smile.
No it isn't. You're just goofy.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#13469 Apr 15, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Learn yer damn bible!
It is better not to marry. But if you must have sex, then get married. It's better to be married than burn forever in hell.
It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.-- 1 Corinthians 7:1-2
For I would that all men were even as I myself.... I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.-- 1 Corinthians 7:7-9
If you're not already married, don't get married. If you have a wife, don't have sex with her. There's not enough time since Jesus is coming soon.
Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife.-- 1 Corinthians 7:27
But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none.-- 1 Corinthians 7:29
And your point is???

Do you not think that I know all of this???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#13470 Apr 15, 2013
XavierBreath wrote:
<quoted text>I think shelter was around BEFORE people invented your god.
And?
XavierBreath

Hoboken, NJ

#13471 Apr 15, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, idiot, I was talking about Dr.Nicholas Cummings. Also, son, science does not allow for retractions only new studies, so Spitzer's studies remain and never were retracted. Also, Spitzer only said years later, 10, after constant gay harassment, that he may have questions about his own studies and the veracity of the subjects.
So, stop lying, breather.
Nicholas Cummings never lobbied to remove homosexuality from the list of mental illnesses, you moron. He's a shill for NARTH.

Where did you get the STUPID idea that science doesn't allow retractions? hahahahahahahahah Is that weak lie all you have?

Spitzer retracted his studies: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/11/robe...
XavierBreath

Hoboken, NJ

#13472 Apr 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
..and you have a limited intellect?
XavierBreath

Hoboken, NJ

#13473 Apr 15, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, a study CAN be retracted when/if the person who conducted it realizes and admits bias, error, or other issues that would invalidate any results from the study.
Don't let things like facts get in the way.
Can you believe ANYONE would actually write down something THAT obviously false?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#13474 Apr 15, 2013
Romans 13:1

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
Thinking

Aberdeen, UK

#13475 Apr 15, 2013
A biased marketing tool like the bible would hardly say "god's an inconsequential tw*t", now would it?
Truth wrote:
Romans 13:1
13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#13476 Apr 15, 2013
GWU PRIEST SECURES RIGHTS

April 15, 2013 by admin
Filed under Latest News Releases

LogoBill Donohue comments on the latest news regarding the status of Father Greg Shaffer on the campus of George Washington University (GWU):

On Friday, I issued a critical statement on the way GWU was handling the controversy over Father Shaffer. Two homosexual students, neither of whom is Catholic, took umbrage at Father Shaffer for not blessing their relationship; they also objected to his defense of Church teachings on homosexuality and abortion. Seeking revenge, they sought to squash his ministry as Chaplain of the Newman Center. Following our release, an important development occurred.

The provost, Dr. Steven Lerman, defended the free speech rights of Father Shaffer before a meeting of the Faculty Senate; dozens of professors were in attendance. While a formal GWU statement ending this matter has yet to be made, the remarks by the provost are encouraging. Moreover, it was announced that the Student Association has awarded the Newman Center an increase in funding for the next academic year.

We welcome this breakthrough and expect that this issue will soon be concluded in a just manner.
Thinking

Ilminster, UK

#13477 Apr 15, 2013
I wouldn't want the blessing of a kiddiefucker priest.

How many billions are still to be paid out to catholic abuse victims?
razzmatazz wrote:
GWU PRIEST SECURES RIGHTS
April 15, 2013 by admin
Filed under Latest News Releases
LogoBill Donohue comments on the latest news regarding the status of Father Greg Shaffer on the campus of George Washington University (GWU):
On Friday, I issued a critical statement on the way GWU was handling the controversy over Father Shaffer. Two homosexual students, neither of whom is Catholic, took umbrage at Father Shaffer for not blessing their relationship; they also objected to his defense of Church teachings on homosexuality and abortion. Seeking revenge, they sought to squash his ministry as Chaplain of the Newman Center. Following our release, an important development occurred.
The provost, Dr. Steven Lerman, defended the free speech rights of Father Shaffer before a meeting of the Faculty Senate; dozens of professors were in attendance. While a formal GWU statement ending this matter has yet to be made, the remarks by the provost are encouraging. Moreover, it was announced that the Student Association has awarded the Newman Center an increase in funding for the next academic year.
We welcome this breakthrough and expect that this issue will soon be concluded in a just manner.

Location hidden

#13478 Apr 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Marry to please God.
Marriage must involve three persons: God, the husband and the wife.
Enter the marriage relationship fully realizing the life long commitment and that God forbids divorce.
Choose your marriage partner carefully.
One should never enter a relationship, as intimate as marriage, with those who refuse to honor Jesus as Lord.
Not CIVIL Marriage, which exists to serve those who do not hold sectarian interests.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 5,980
News Taiwan court legalizes gay marriage in historic... 16 hr The Wheeze of Trump 5
News New mayor supports young people 18 hr not all eh 1
News Taiwan to make landmark gay marriage ruling Tue Mitts Gold Plated... 1
News 'He did it to himself': Anthony Weiner faces pr... May 22 overlord 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) May 21 Truth to Power 31,985
News Church 'rejoices' after decision to offer same-... May 20 Grief Counselor 1
More from around the web