Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 20 comments on the Apr 27, 2009, news.yahoo.com story titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#13407 Apr 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm fully aware of the history. I keep forgetting how ancient you are however.
Those practiced are long gone here. Why stay bitter about them? In fact, there is clear evidence the pendulum for women has swung too far the other way.
What is not surprising is that you shift from one distorted view of a French practice to another.
Smile.
Haven't been to the American South lately, have ya ... nor any Chasidic, traditional Hindu, or Unification, Islamic, traditional Mormon or Unification Church communities. Look up "female circumcision". As a girl, my mother was, here in the USA, legally a chattel of my grandfather, as was my grandmother, as were my unmarried aunts since he was the oldest surviving male of that family.

Again, the deficiencies in your education are a fact, but are not support for you arguments or rebuttals.

Your dismissiveness is a defense mechanism called "minimization", and only serves as an attempt to dodge compassionate feelings. Not quite sociopathic, but the familial resemblance is self-evident.

(See how inclusion of an Argumentum ad Hominem weakens, and distracts from, the overall argument?)

These things are NOT "long gone", and ANY diminution of them is SOLELY due to the very kinds of activism in which LGBT Citizens are now engaged.

Location hidden

#13408 Apr 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your personal claims carry no weight against medical professionals.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Smile.
Reiteration of your statement makes it no more valid.

Location hidden

#13409 Apr 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't Argumentum ad populum, it was Argumentum ad theologum.
Smile.
Te moment you added "most" it became "ad Populum".

It was also:

Argumentum ad Verecundiam
Petitio Principii

and a prime example of the inferential use of "No True Scotsman".

Again, " ... the way is narrow and few find it ... " pretty much torpedoes any argument based upon large numbers.

Location hidden

#13410 Apr 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your personal claims carry no weight against medical professionals.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Smile.
Unless I are one, dearheart; but if you recall I reported the negative results of examinations by licensed physicians.

What we have here is hearsay vs. hearsay.

Stalemate, and simply restating the positions will not alter the situation.

Do you wish to make a personal examination? If so, it'll need at least dinner and a movie first, and definitely a good night kiss afterwards.

Otherwise, you can just kiss it.

Location hidden

#13411 Apr 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound angry...
Your 'sect' has so diluted the Scriptures, that anything goes. Authentic Christianity stands united on the essentials.
"anything goes" ???

Hardly.

"authentic christianity" IS heretical.

(There are more Roman Catholics than protestants. Are the Catholics more right, especially considering that they are BOTH wrong?)

Argumentum ad Populum.
Appeal to Authority.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#13412 Apr 14, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Te moment you added "most" it became "ad Populum".
It was also:
Argumentum ad Verecundiam
Petitio Principii
and a prime example of the inferential use of "No True Scotsman".
Again, " ... the way is narrow and few find it ... " pretty much torpedoes any argument based upon large numbers.
Snyper: "Again, " ... the way is narrow and few find it ... " pretty much torpedoes any argument based upon large numbers."

I know, right? I find that most Christians fail to grasp that very few of them will find, much less are now ON, the "Narrow Way"!
Jamison

Pekin, IL

#13413 Apr 14, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"anything goes" ???
Hardly.
(There are more Roman Catholics than protestants. Are the Catholics more right, especially considering that they are BOTH wrong?)
Argumentum ad Populum.
Appeal to Authority.
Not one of you mindless anti-Christian bigots has been able to cite even one Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many explicit commands against all homosexual behavior.

You post nonsense.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#13414 Apr 14, 2013
Jamison wrote:
<quoted text>Not one of you mindless anti-Christian bigots has been able to cite even one Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many explicit commands against all homosexual behavior.
You post nonsense.
Still lying about the Jews, I see. How long has it been now, 4 years? Can you define incorrigible?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#13415 Apr 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The law has no justification to equate SS couples to marriage
Smile
I suppose YOU think that means something.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#13416 Apr 14, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't been to the American South lately, have ya ... nor any Chasidic, traditional Hindu, or Unification, Islamic, traditional Mormon or Unification Church communities. Look up "female circumcision". As a girl, my mother was, here in the USA, legally a chattel of my grandfather, as was my grandmother, as were my unmarried aunts since he was the oldest surviving male of that family.
Again, the deficiencies in your education are a fact, but are not support for you arguments or rebuttals.
Your dismissiveness is a defense mechanism called "minimization", and only serves as an attempt to dodge compassionate feelings. Not quite sociopathic, but the familial resemblance is self-evident.
(See how inclusion of an Argumentum ad Hominem weakens, and distracts from, the overall argument?)
These things are NOT "long gone", and ANY diminution of them is SOLELY due to the very kinds of activism in which LGBT Citizens are now engaged.
You need an enema for all that BS.

Moreover, the activism of LGBT's is solely a selfish attempt to impose an imposter relationship on marriage in a vain attempt to gain acceptance. Instead, they are breeding a resentment and backlash. In addition, the closer a counterfeit gets to the real thing, the more it's deficiencies are exposed.

Smile.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#13418 Apr 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Moreover, the activism of LGBT's is solely a selfish attempt to impose an imposter relationship on marriage in a vain attempt to gain acceptance. Instead, they are breeding a resentment and backlash. In addition, the closer a counterfeit gets to the real thing, the more it's deficiencies are exposed.
Smile.
Thanks for proving the saying "there's no fool like an OLD fool."

Location hidden

#13419 Apr 14, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"anything goes" ???
Hardly.
Argumentum ad Populum.
Appeal to Authority.
Faith the redeeming work of Christ is the anchor of Christianity. Rather than conflicting with each other, different denominations more often emphasis different facets of truth.

“Christianity got over the difficulty of combining furious opposites, by keeping them both, and keeping them both furious.”

&#8213; G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

Location hidden

#13420 Apr 14, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Snyper: "Again, " ... the way is narrow and few find it ... " pretty much torpedoes any argument based upon large numbers."
I know, right? I find that most Christians fail to grasp that very few of them will find, much less are now ON, the "Narrow Way"!
As if either of you would know.

Smile.

Location hidden

#13421 Apr 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Shit Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for proving the saying "there's no fool like an OLD fool."
Show some respect to your elders.

The least you can do without an argument.

Smirk.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#13424 Apr 14, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus has told us three things about the strait gate.....

It is the gate that leads to heaven.

It is difficult to enter.

There will not be many people who go in the strait gate.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#13426 Apr 14, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
The wide gate now.....

Jesus tells us some things about it, also.

It is a "wide" gate.

It is a gate that is easily seen.

And, perhaps, it is attractive.

It surely draws people to it.

Jesus tells us this gate is the entrance to a broad way.

Some translations say it is the "easy way."

In other words, it is not hard to enter this gate nor walk the road it covers.

Jesus tells us that it is a gate that leads to destruction or Hell.

Those who go in that gate are bound for destruction.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#13427 Apr 14, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus told us there are going to be "many" who go in this gate.

There are going to be only a few who go in the narrow gate to Heaven, but many will go in the gate to Hell.

Many!

Why is that?

Do they want to go to eternal punishment?

Is that what people desire?

This is a question that also bears serious consideration.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#13428 Apr 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
Show some respect to your elders.
The least you can do without an argument.
Smirk.
Oh puh-leez! Who do you think you're kidding? Read your own posts..... it's all YOUR opinion, and nothing that you can substantiate. "imposter relationship" "counterfeit" "selfish attempt" A child could see that you have issues and your arguments are emotional, NOT factual.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#13429 Apr 14, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Did you not understand? I say same sex coupling which is not marriage by definition and can never be by definition.
You say? Excuse me while I laugh in your ignorant face.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#13430 Apr 14, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, friend, the narrow path is Christ and following that path is called Christianity. Now, I understand that many like you, never accepted Christ and were never born again, so you really are not a Christian and thus the narrow path.
"By the way, the former APA president who led the way to remove homosexuality as a mental illness, says that homosexuals can be cured, have been cured, and that the APA follow politics and not science. He says that the APA is not monolithic and political, not scientific and they are losing memberships like flies."
Dr. Spitzer retracted his bogus study, you idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 16 min Termiraider 2,837
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 22 min RevKen 32,061
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 33 min Frankie Rizzo 185
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 2 hr Elijah 2,145
News Printing co. apologizes for Georgia franchise t... 2 hr A Little Dab Will... 4
News How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 2 hr little lamb 1,172
News Potsdam gay pride parade brings faith and aware... 3 hr Gov Corbutt of th... 113
More from around the web