Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
11,801 - 11,820 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#13386 Apr 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a few scholars would disagree, don't you think?
Here is something you can't avoid.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
It is a violent act against another person. A violation of design.
A clear oxymoron of sexual intimacy at every level of human existence.
Of that, Paul was right.
Right?
Smile.
<quoted text>
I'm simply pointing out the extreme theological position of a dying minority that the bulk of historical Christianity considers heresy. I have no desire to waste time arguing faith with a dishonest faithless heretic.
Your depravity is further exposed by the silly attempt of an obviously studied person to negate the often posted facts of medical science with his personal claim of sphincter health.
It is sad to see the waste of a intelligent mind fatally distorted by denial. It would be interesting to see the paradigm shift if you accepted the fact that homosexuality is a sexual defect.
Smile.
My testimony (not hearsay) carries the same weight as that of those to whom you merely allude (lack of links to testimony is noted). That my testimony is contradictory eliminates an absolutist stance on your part.

Eat it.

Location hidden

#13387 Apr 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a few scholars would disagree, don't you think?
Here is something you can't avoid.
It is a violent act against another person. A violation of design.
A clear oxymoron of sexual intimacy at every level of human existence.
Of that, Paul was right.
Right?
Smile.
<quoted text>
I'm simply pointing out the extreme theological position of a dying minority that the bulk of historical Christianity considers heresy. I have no desire to waste time arguing faith with a dishonest faithless heretic.
Your depravity is further exposed by the silly attempt of an obviously studied person to negate the often posted facts of medical science with his personal claim of sphincter health.
It is sad to see the waste of a intelligent mind fatally distorted by denial. It would be interesting to see the paradigm shift if you accepted the fact that homosexuality is a sexual defect.
Smile.
By the way, Argumentum ad populum is a fallacy.

" ... the way is narrow and few find it ... " would tend to deflate your ad populum argument.

Location hidden

#13388 Apr 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Timothy 4:3-4 (GW)
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear.
4 People will refuse to listen to the truth and turn to myths.
YOU are a fulfillment of that prophesy.
Smile.
Even if Saul were an acceptable source, the same could be asserted regarding your position and that of your "majority".

Is there anything SO idiosyncratic as the multiplicity of sects and hired "ministers" of different flavors found in Nicene Xiandom? They don't "like" what one of their hirelings says, they simply fire him and go shopping for another that suits their appetites.

" ... will the son of man find any who believe when he returns ... "

You really should try to be consistent. Is my sect and it's teachings "dying", or expanding to encompass all humanity as fulfillment of some Saulian "prophecy"?

Saul was speaking of himself and his own followers, who grew to swamp out and shout down the original message and community of Yeshua, because his essentially hellenic teachings appealed more to the pagan expectations of their listeners.

Saulian Xiandom is way, way beyond 31 Flavors.

Location hidden

#13389 Apr 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
Did you know that is the first line of the First Admendment?
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Hardly.
They and you maintain that of all world views, religious ones are excluded.
I simply pointed out the stupidity of that position.
They are in fact, specifically protected.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Protected FROM EACH OTHER by exclusion from the legislative and governmental processes.

I'm done here.

You aren't discussing, you're just trolling.

Time to inocculate the hives against throat mites.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#13390 Apr 13, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
Still no legally valid justification for prohibiting same-sex marriage?
Man's laws do not overrule God's laws. Gays will spend eternity in the worst prison that has ever existed.

Location hidden

#13391 Apr 13, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, your God wanted people killed for all kinds of things.
Of course. Those who rebelled against Him, just like you.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#13392 Apr 13, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"Wait what?"
You are trying to make your ignorance of history into a talking point?
Examine the history of the Suffragette movement for insight into the status of women prior to the vote.
Haven't you ever wondered about the historical underpinnings of some of the customs in the various American forms of wedding ceremony? For example, haven't you ever wondered about the odd custom of "giving away the bride"? Check into terms like "dower", "dowry", "endow" and "bride price". Spend a little time on "marriage contract".
Here are some easy and readily available links to get you started:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chattel_marriage
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coverture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marital_power
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dower
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bride_price
Until Women's Suffrage was passed here is the U.S., women could not enter into contracts, in some places could not own real property or go into business, did not have specific rights to her own children, or even give consent to her own marriage without her father's permission regardless of her age.
I'm fully aware of the history. I keep forgetting how ancient you are however.

Those practiced are long gone here. Why stay bitter about them? In fact, there is clear evidence the pendulum for women has swung too far the other way.

What is not surprising is that you shift from one distorted view of a French practice to another.

Smile.

Location hidden

#13393 Apr 13, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
My testimony (not hearsay) carries the same weight as that of those to whom you merely allude (lack of links to testimony is noted). That my testimony is contradictory eliminates an absolutist stance on your part.
Eat it.
Your personal claims carry no weight against medical professionals.

Smile.

Location hidden

#13394 Apr 13, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, Argumentum ad populum is a fallacy.
" ... the way is narrow and few find it ... " would tend to deflate your ad populum argument.
It wasn't Argumentum ad populum, it was Argumentum ad theologum.

Smile.

Location hidden

#13395 Apr 13, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if Saul were an acceptable source, the same could be asserted regarding your position and that of your "majority".
Is there anything SO idiosyncratic as the multiplicity of sects and hired "ministers" of different flavors found in Nicene Xiandom? They don't "like" what one of their hirelings says, they simply fire him and go shopping for another that suits their appetites.
" ... will the son of man find any who believe when he returns ... "
You really should try to be consistent. Is my sect and it's teachings "dying", or expanding to encompass all humanity as fulfillment of some Saulian "prophecy"?
Saul was speaking of himself and his own followers, who grew to swamp out and shout down the original message and community of Yeshua, because his essentially hellenic teachings appealed more to the pagan expectations of their listeners.
Saulian Xiandom is way, way beyond 31 Flavors.
You sound angry...

Your 'sect' has so diluted the Scriptures, that anything goes. Authentic Christianity stands united on the essentials.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13396 Apr 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Man's laws do not overrule God's laws. Gays will spend eternity in the worst prison that has ever existed.
Since your puny God doesn't exist you have no point, but thanks for sharing your fantasy with us.

Location hidden

#13397 Apr 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your personal claims carry no weight against medical professionals.
Smile.
Depends on how it is done. Sorry you had such a bad experience.

Location hidden

#13398 Apr 13, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Protected FROM EACH OTHER by exclusion from the legislative and governmental processes.
I'm done here.
You aren't discussing, you're just trolling.
Time to inocculate the hives against throat mites.
Bye.

Location hidden

#13399 Apr 13, 2013
snyper wrote:
I'm done here.
Indeed! Your goose is cooked.

Revelation 20:15 (NKJV)
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Location hidden

#13400 Apr 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed! Your goose is cooked.
Revelation 20:15 (NKJV)
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
Still preferable to spending eternity with loses like you.

Location hidden

#13401 Apr 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye.
Bye

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#13402 Apr 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The basic essence of marriage is a cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. A D/S couple, or infertility issue doesn't violate mating behavior. A ss couple does.
I've never said abusive sex is a reason to deny marriage. I've simply pointed out that for gays, anal sex is a violent imitation of natural, normal sex, one of the symptoms of a sexual defect.
Smile.
So, you agree that anal sex is irrelevant in this discussion. Thanks for finally pointing that out. Or, for pointing out that people who engage in anal sex are sexually defective.

Are heterosexual couples who engage in anal sex sexually defective?

Should celibate homosexual couples be allowed to marry?

Why should people who will not, or cannot, reproduce be allowed to marry?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#13403 Apr 13, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
\
Codifying what into law?
I'm sorry. Were the words in my post too long for you to grok?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#13404 Apr 13, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
But, you agree that there is no legally valid justification for prohibiting same-sex marriage. Thanks.

Location hidden

#13405 Apr 14, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
But, you agree that there is no legally valid justification for prohibiting same-sex marriage. Thanks.
The law has no justification to equate SS couples to marriage

Smile

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 1 hr Accountability 31,191
3 states, plaintiffs want Supreme Court to hear... 1 hr WeTheSheeple 1
Church firing stirs up controversy over same-se... 1 hr RalphB 52
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr the real Jonah1 49,466
Women dish on their most embarrassing wardrobe ... (Sep '13) 6 hr Kelly DJ 281
Testimony wraps up in former Va. governor trial 12 hr Natural Disasters 1
At the McDonnell trial, sidewalk visuals drive ... 13 hr Gary 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••