Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 591)

Showing posts 11,801 - 11,820 of16,111
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13384
Apr 13, 2013
 
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" is pretty clear. How does codifying religion into law not qualify as establishment of religion? How is that not EXACTLY establishment? What, pray tell, WOULD qualify?
\
Codifying what into law?

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13385
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If your accusations were true, it only affirms the fact that they were not marriage.
However, I've never been to a wedding or officiated one where it was not voluntary.
Moreover, I've not only never heard the word 'chattel' used, the challenge has been to consider the other BEFORE one's self, to cherish each other, and the complimentary nature of a male/female union.
Hence the superiority of marriage over any other relationship.
You, on the other hand deceitfully posted a one sided, historically distorted position, and then supported the bigotry with your own.
What does the desperate deceit of your position expose???
Smirk.
"Wait what?"

You are trying to make your ignorance of history into a talking point?

Examine the history of the Suffragette movement for insight into the status of women prior to the vote.

Haven't you ever wondered about the historical underpinnings of some of the customs in the various American forms of wedding ceremony? For example, haven't you ever wondered about the odd custom of "giving away the bride"? Check into terms like "dower", "dowry", "endow" and "bride price". Spend a little time on "marriage contract".

Here are some easy and readily available links to get you started:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chattel_marriage
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coverture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marital_power

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dower
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bride_price

Until Women's Suffrage was passed here is the U.S., women could not enter into contracts, in some places could not own real property or go into business, did not have specific rights to her own children, or even give consent to her own marriage without her father's permission regardless of her age.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13386
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a few scholars would disagree, don't you think?
Here is something you can't avoid.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
It is a violent act against another person. A violation of design.
A clear oxymoron of sexual intimacy at every level of human existence.
Of that, Paul was right.
Right?
Smile.
<quoted text>
I'm simply pointing out the extreme theological position of a dying minority that the bulk of historical Christianity considers heresy. I have no desire to waste time arguing faith with a dishonest faithless heretic.
Your depravity is further exposed by the silly attempt of an obviously studied person to negate the often posted facts of medical science with his personal claim of sphincter health.
It is sad to see the waste of a intelligent mind fatally distorted by denial. It would be interesting to see the paradigm shift if you accepted the fact that homosexuality is a sexual defect.
Smile.
My testimony (not hearsay) carries the same weight as that of those to whom you merely allude (lack of links to testimony is noted). That my testimony is contradictory eliminates an absolutist stance on your part.

Eat it.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13387
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a few scholars would disagree, don't you think?
Here is something you can't avoid.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
It is a violent act against another person. A violation of design.
A clear oxymoron of sexual intimacy at every level of human existence.
Of that, Paul was right.
Right?
Smile.
<quoted text>
I'm simply pointing out the extreme theological position of a dying minority that the bulk of historical Christianity considers heresy. I have no desire to waste time arguing faith with a dishonest faithless heretic.
Your depravity is further exposed by the silly attempt of an obviously studied person to negate the often posted facts of medical science with his personal claim of sphincter health.
It is sad to see the waste of a intelligent mind fatally distorted by denial. It would be interesting to see the paradigm shift if you accepted the fact that homosexuality is a sexual defect.
Smile.
By the way, Argumentum ad populum is a fallacy.

" ... the way is narrow and few find it ... " would tend to deflate your ad populum argument.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13388
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Timothy 4:3-4 (GW)
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear.
4 People will refuse to listen to the truth and turn to myths.
YOU are a fulfillment of that prophesy.
Smile.
Even if Saul were an acceptable source, the same could be asserted regarding your position and that of your "majority".

Is there anything SO idiosyncratic as the multiplicity of sects and hired "ministers" of different flavors found in Nicene Xiandom? They don't "like" what one of their hirelings says, they simply fire him and go shopping for another that suits their appetites.

" ... will the son of man find any who believe when he returns ... "

You really should try to be consistent. Is my sect and it's teachings "dying", or expanding to encompass all humanity as fulfillment of some Saulian "prophecy"?

Saul was speaking of himself and his own followers, who grew to swamp out and shout down the original message and community of Yeshua, because his essentially hellenic teachings appealed more to the pagan expectations of their listeners.

Saulian Xiandom is way, way beyond 31 Flavors.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13389
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
Did you know that is the first line of the First Admendment?
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Hardly.
They and you maintain that of all world views, religious ones are excluded.
I simply pointed out the stupidity of that position.
They are in fact, specifically protected.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Protected FROM EACH OTHER by exclusion from the legislative and governmental processes.

I'm done here.

You aren't discussing, you're just trolling.

Time to inocculate the hives against throat mites.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13390
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

LowellGuy wrote:
Still no legally valid justification for prohibiting same-sex marriage?
Man's laws do not overrule God's laws. Gays will spend eternity in the worst prison that has ever existed.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13391
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, your God wanted people killed for all kinds of things.
Of course. Those who rebelled against Him, just like you.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13392
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"Wait what?"
You are trying to make your ignorance of history into a talking point?
Examine the history of the Suffragette movement for insight into the status of women prior to the vote.
Haven't you ever wondered about the historical underpinnings of some of the customs in the various American forms of wedding ceremony? For example, haven't you ever wondered about the odd custom of "giving away the bride"? Check into terms like "dower", "dowry", "endow" and "bride price". Spend a little time on "marriage contract".
Here are some easy and readily available links to get you started:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chattel_marriage
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coverture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marital_power
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dower
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bride_price
Until Women's Suffrage was passed here is the U.S., women could not enter into contracts, in some places could not own real property or go into business, did not have specific rights to her own children, or even give consent to her own marriage without her father's permission regardless of her age.
I'm fully aware of the history. I keep forgetting how ancient you are however.

Those practiced are long gone here. Why stay bitter about them? In fact, there is clear evidence the pendulum for women has swung too far the other way.

What is not surprising is that you shift from one distorted view of a French practice to another.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13393
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
My testimony (not hearsay) carries the same weight as that of those to whom you merely allude (lack of links to testimony is noted). That my testimony is contradictory eliminates an absolutist stance on your part.
Eat it.
Your personal claims carry no weight against medical professionals.

Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13394
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, Argumentum ad populum is a fallacy.
" ... the way is narrow and few find it ... " would tend to deflate your ad populum argument.
It wasn't Argumentum ad populum, it was Argumentum ad theologum.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13395
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if Saul were an acceptable source, the same could be asserted regarding your position and that of your "majority".
Is there anything SO idiosyncratic as the multiplicity of sects and hired "ministers" of different flavors found in Nicene Xiandom? They don't "like" what one of their hirelings says, they simply fire him and go shopping for another that suits their appetites.
" ... will the son of man find any who believe when he returns ... "
You really should try to be consistent. Is my sect and it's teachings "dying", or expanding to encompass all humanity as fulfillment of some Saulian "prophecy"?
Saul was speaking of himself and his own followers, who grew to swamp out and shout down the original message and community of Yeshua, because his essentially hellenic teachings appealed more to the pagan expectations of their listeners.
Saulian Xiandom is way, way beyond 31 Flavors.
You sound angry...

Your 'sect' has so diluted the Scriptures, that anything goes. Authentic Christianity stands united on the essentials.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13396
Apr 13, 2013
 
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Man's laws do not overrule God's laws. Gays will spend eternity in the worst prison that has ever existed.
Since your puny God doesn't exist you have no point, but thanks for sharing your fantasy with us.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13397
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your personal claims carry no weight against medical professionals.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Smile.
Depends on how it is done. Sorry you had such a bad experience.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13398
Apr 13, 2013
 
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Protected FROM EACH OTHER by exclusion from the legislative and governmental processes.
I'm done here.
You aren't discussing, you're just trolling.
Time to inocculate the hives against throat mites.
Bye.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13399
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

snyper wrote:
I'm done here.
Indeed! Your goose is cooked.

Revelation 20:15 (NKJV)
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13400
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed! Your goose is cooked.
Revelation 20:15 (NKJV)
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
Still preferable to spending eternity with loses like you.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13401
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye.
Bye

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13402
Apr 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The basic essence of marriage is a cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. A D/S couple, or infertility issue doesn't violate mating behavior. A ss couple does.
I've never said abusive sex is a reason to deny marriage. I've simply pointed out that for gays, anal sex is a violent imitation of natural, normal sex, one of the symptoms of a sexual defect.
Smile.
So, you agree that anal sex is irrelevant in this discussion. Thanks for finally pointing that out. Or, for pointing out that people who engage in anal sex are sexually defective.

Are heterosexual couples who engage in anal sex sexually defective?

Should celibate homosexual couples be allowed to marry?

Why should people who will not, or cannot, reproduce be allowed to marry?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13403
Apr 13, 2013
 
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
\
Codifying what into law?
I'm sorry. Were the words in my post too long for you to grok?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 11,801 - 11,820 of16,111
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••