Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16102 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Jeff

San Jose, CA

#12746 Apr 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Fallacy: False analogy
No familial relationship needs to be recognized by Government. Fathers and sons are already family.
This would not be a good reason for them not to marry though. Laws can be changed as we are seeing in the same sex marriage debates.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#12747 Apr 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>It's called the "Reification Fallacy".

"a fallacy of ambiguity, when an abstraction (abstract belief or hypothetical construct) is treated as if it were a concrete, real event or physical entity. In other words, it is the error of treating as a "real thing" something which is not a real thing, but merely an idea."
So your religion is a fallacy?

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#12748 Apr 8, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>So your religion is a fallacy?
I didn't mean you snyper. I meant their religion.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#12749 Apr 8, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I do.
John 3:15 (NKJV)
15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
And yet there isn't a single shred of evidence that passage is in any way true. I'm afraid you've been sold a bill of goods.

San Francisco

#12750 Apr 8, 2013
Noah wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity never favored racism and sexism. That is your lie.
Nope, that's the truth. And it still does. Just read the Bible. It's all in there.
How could it, when Jesus was closer to black and came from Northern Africa and so did Mary.
So?
In reality is was you gays, then and still now, who promote racism and sexism. You gays hate blacks, most of your gay bars segregate and gays and lesbians each which to eliminate the other sex.
Yeah, that's why gay people use the rainbow as their symbol, because gay people are all white racists. Uh huh.

BTW, how do you know so much about who goes to gay bars in your area? Oooops! I think you just outted yourself!
When your homophobia goes away, then perhaps your self hatred and suicides will decline. Why don't you gays apologize now for your current self hatred homophobia and your hatred for the other sex, transsexuals, bisexuals, and blacks. Perhaps you can start with apologizing to children, for your constant sexual abuse of them.
OK, you've had your little logic-free rant. Now, back on your meds!

San Francisco

#12751 Apr 8, 2013
Noah wrote:
<quoted text>Should we follow your straw man distortions and try to make same sex activity the same as normal mom and dad sex and pairing? No, I think not.
Actually, there are no same sex pair bondings among non-human animals, so that is one lie you can't sell. You are free to try. In fact, scientist have determined that homosexual orientation does not exist among other species, which means that the existence among humans is simply gay delusion and agenda fodder.
Why don't you have eyes in the back of your head? Why do lesbians have wombs? Why do gay men use butts like vaginas? Why do lesbians use dildos like a penis? Why do dykes dress like men? Why are gay men either top, male, or bottom, female?
Why were most gays abused as children?
Instead of making yourself dizzy with made-up BS, have you considered reality instead? It's not so bad. You should try it.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#12752 Apr 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a profane source, that, but also not prophetic utterence.
Why are you babbling about what you don't know?

Location hidden

#12753 Apr 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you EVER going to learn to debate?
Debating with God is the ultimate ignorance.

Location hidden

#12754 Apr 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Saul is not "God", but a plagiarist heretic and apostate.
God called you "ignorant".

"the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord"

1 Corinthians 14:37-38 (NKJV)
37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Location hidden

#12755 Apr 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. Multitasking. When I post from my phone I can't always see a complete sentence and, if interrupted (frequently) I miss some things.
btw: You misquoted. The original was, " ... ha have happened ... ". lol
What do you expect when quoting ignorance?

Location hidden

#12756 Apr 8, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet there isn't a single shred of evidence that passage is in any way true. I'm afraid you've been sold a bill of goods.
Israel was dead and is alive exactly as God foretold. Stop ignoring.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#12757 Apr 8, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly referring to false gods, but only one true God.
Where does it say they were "false" gods??????? Are you saying that things in your Buybull are false?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#12758 Apr 8, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
This would not be a good reason for them not to marry though. Laws can be changed as we are seeing in the same sex marriage debates.
Law hates redundancy.

Under law, a Father and son have every benefit and responsibility that Civil Marriage recognizes, except for two, and one of those isn't a Federal Statute; i.e. spouses may not be compelled to testify against each other in Court.

Location hidden

#12759 Apr 8, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So your religion is a fallacy?
Wrong context.

Like thought processes, religion is a fact. It's the content that may not be, and to assert or assume without proof that such content is concrete reality is "Reification".

Location hidden

#12760 Apr 8, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you babbling about what you don't know?
The book of "Proverbs" is not prophetic utterence.

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/12400-...

Turn your question upon yourself.

Location hidden

#12761 Apr 8, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
God called you "ignorant".
"the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord"
1 Corinthians 14:37-38 (NKJV)
37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.
Saulian writings cannot be used as proof of other parts of Saulian writings.

Tautology
Circular Argument

Location hidden

#12762 Apr 8, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say they were "false" gods??????? Are you saying that things in your Buybull are false?
"the lord is the true God"

Jeremiah 10:10 (NKJV)
10 But the LORD is the true God; He is the living God and the everlasting King. At His wrath the earth will tremble, And the nations will not be able to endure His indignation.

Location hidden

#12763 Apr 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The book of "Proverbs" is not prophetic utterence.
http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/12400-...
Turn your question upon yourself.
Prove it! You can't.

Location hidden

#12764 Apr 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Saulian writings cannot be used as proof of other parts of Saulian writings.
Tautology
Circular Argument
And neither can your Satanic opinions.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#12765 Apr 8, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"the lord is the true God"
Jeremiah 10:10 (NKJV)
10 But the LORD is the true God; He is the living God and the everlasting King. At His wrath the earth will tremble, And the nations will not be able to endure His indignation.
Intellectually challenged, are ya? Where does it say that the other gods are false? IT DOESN'T.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation ... 17 min Wondering 87
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 31 min elh 6,521
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 1 hr Wondering 727
News Who's That Toy Boy Madonna? 5 hr Waldo Simmons 1
News The Year's Craziest Right-Wing Conspiracy Theor... 7 hr Freebird USA 7
News Clerk to quit, cites 'moral conviction' 10 hr Joe 134
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 12 hr Jaimie 445
More from around the web