Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#12600 Apr 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is present in every single culture. It is accepted and embraced by the vast majority of those cultures.
Calling ss couples 'married'? Never.
Smile.
<quoted text>
I wasn't using religion to justify the distinction between marriage and ss couples.
I simply noted that like marriage, in 8000 years of human history, religion has been present in every single culture from start to finish.
Calling ss couples married has NEVER in a SINGLE culture been accepted from start to finish.
An astounding distinction.
smile.
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Fallacy: Non Sequitur
Neither was the Saturn V rocket.
REALLY stupid.

Religion, marriage and homosexuality were all present in the last EIGHT THOUSAND years of human history. Rockets were a only present during a miniscule fraction of that time.

Smile.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#12601 Apr 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>And you yours.
Mine is no fairy tale. Anyone that took even the simplest science class knows you can't prove something does not exist. You can only prove something does. You need samples or evidence to show proof of existence. You have nothing to show your false God exists. The burden if proof is on you to prove it does not on me to prove it does not.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#12602 Apr 7, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>No dear, my insults are insults. You clearly aren't ready for my wisdom, not if you aren't smart enough to tell the difference.
Yeah, we get it. Insults are your wisdom.

Location hidden

#12603 Apr 7, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what about fertile couples that use condoms and or birth control pulls. Should they be condemned because they clearly are not trying to procreate they are trying to prevent it?
The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
An apple tree bearing fruit.
An apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An walnut tree who never bears any fruit wanting to be a apple tree.
An walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.

Even funnier?

The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!

Still, no logical response Jarboy...

Smirk.

Milwaukee

#12604 Apr 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Israel died and is alive. The Mark is stalking you. There's plenty of proof. Your days are numbered very short.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microchip_implan...
You have no evidence. What's your proof?

Milwaukee

#12605 Apr 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>It's your frog, not mine. Your problem.
Great you have up. That means failure for you.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#12606 Apr 7, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nothing to show your false God exists.
Israel was dead and is alive just as God foretold. The Mark is stalking you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microchip_implan...

Revelation 13:16-17 (NKJV)
16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Location hidden

#12607 Apr 7, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove they are real? I don't need to prove something does not exist. If it does there would be evidence to prove your point but there is not.
So Jarboy, why do you exist?

Why does it matter if anyone has 'rights'?

What moral code dictates any such thing?

Lets see you think without copy and pasting.

Smile.

Milwaukee

#12608 Apr 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
An apple tree bearing fruit.
An apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An walnut tree who never bears any fruit wanting to be a apple tree.
An walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.

Even funnier?

The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!

Still, no logical response Jarboy...

Smirk.
Why do you equate marriage to reproduction. What do you think of those couples that use condoms and birth control pills??????????
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#12609 Apr 7, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine is no fairy tale. Anyone that took even the simplest science class knows you can't prove something does not exist. You can only prove something does. You need samples or evidence to show proof of existence. You have nothing to show your false God exists. The burden if proof is on you to prove it does not on me to prove it does not.
You also have a burden to carry. What do you put in place of God for the existence of God and meaning. If God does not exist, then your life is ultimately meaningless. It means you are an accident of nature with not purpose.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#12610 Apr 7, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no evidence. What's your proof?
Proof is coming, soon. You will be forced to choose.

"whoever receives the mark"

Revelation 14:9-11 (NKJV)
9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#12611 Apr 7, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great you have up. That means failure for you.
I have up?

Milwaukee

#12612 Apr 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>So Jarboy, why do you exist?

Why does it matter if anyone has 'rights'?

What moral code dictates any such thing?

Lets see you think without copy and pasting.

Smile.
I live in the USA. In this country we have rights so I are you are too dumb to realize this and if you don't like it you are welcome to move someplace where you have no rights and everyone thinks for you and tells you what to do.
Moral code. How about decency and fairness. Try not to hold others back because you can't keep up and will fall behind without doing so.

Milwaukee

#12614 Apr 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>You also have a burden to carry. What do you put in place of God for the existence of God and meaning. If God does not exist, then your life is ultimately meaningless. It means you are an accident of nature with not purpose.
That's only if you believe in God. I am a product of nature not God.

Milwaukee

#12615 Apr 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Proof is coming, soon. You will be forced to choose.

"whoever receives the mark"

Revelation 14:9-11 (NKJV)
9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."
So still no proof I thought so.

Milwaukee

#12616 Apr 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>I have up?
Give up. Sorry I was texting and driving. Lol.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#12617 Apr 7, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So still no proof I thought so.
Proof is coming, but you won't like it. You'll wish you didn't get it.

Milwaukee

#12618 Apr 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Proof is coming, but you won't like it. You'll wish you didn't get it.
Yeah you sheep have been saying proof is coming for over 2000 years. STILL WAITING?????

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#12619 Apr 7, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah you sheep have been saying proof is coming for over 2000 years. STILL WAITING?????
Israel was reborn in 1948. That's not nearly 2000 years.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#12621 Apr 7, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's only if you believe in God. I am a product of nature not God.
If you are just a product of nature then you have no freewill. All you are then is a meat machine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio businessman, deported after 38 years in US... 9 min positronium 36
News Court rules California bakeries may REFUSE to d... 2 hr Wondering 48
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr Wondering 18,846
News In Pakistan, Valentine's Day Brings Out Roses A... 4 hr Roger_christian_AR 11
News Salt Lake church shields Utah mom from deportation 22 hr Bloodonhishands 2
News Eastland Mall, at 50, remains popular among nei... Tue REALITY 5
News Newly released court documents cast doubt on Gi... (Dec '11) Mon Abandoned Trailer 44
More from around the web