Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,103

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#12428 Apr 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
Mark 4:28
28 All by itself the soil produces grain—first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head.
Shows just how little Mark knew - by itself, the soil produces NOTHING. It is the seed, planted within the soil that grows into the plant.

#12429 Apr 5, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 42:7
7 ~to open eyes that are blind,~
to free captives from prison
and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.(bondage of sin)
Isaiah predicted the amazing healing ministry of the Messiah...He can free us from the bondage of sin.
Quoting out of context is another form of lying. Why are you so desperate to prove your religion that you need to lie about what the Bible actually says?

Who is being discussed in Isaiah 42:7?
Answer: the "servant".

Who is the Servant?

Isaiah Isaiah 41:8 But thou, Israel,[art] my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.[9][Thou] whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou [art] my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away.

Answer: the children of Israel.

#12430 Apr 5, 2013
Moses wrote:
<quoted text>janeebee: HE WOULDN'T DO IT! wHY NOT? Why would He,.....He's omniscient!
Yes, but God did not make you stupid and foolish, that is your freewill and choice. God did not make youd void or reason and blind to His Holy Word, satan did that, and that is your choice.
These 10,000 years, which are known as "time", have but one purpose, to show that a creation, humans, who have freewill and choice, will choose hell and damnation, which 1/3 of the angels will receive, but that Christians have chosen salvation and heaven, which 2/3 of the angels have.
God is a just God, the 1/3 angels are damned, because they were created without freewill and choice, you are damned because you have freewill and choice, and you choose to reject God's word, reject Jesus and to follow satan.
IT IS THAT SIMPLE.
You claim that 1/3 of the angels will choose Hell? Cite book chapter and verse from the Bible supporting that claim. Hint: it is not in any of the books in the Bible.
konnon

Pittsburgh, PA

#12431 Apr 5, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ………… Excuse Reason sex

#12432 Apr 5, 2013
Moses wrote:
<quoted text>Before your gay anger sets in, please tell us what arguments you have heard against incest, polygamy, pedophilia and bestiality?
Would it also be:
The Bible is opposed...
They're Icky
I don't like it
The Bible is opposed...
well, let me see, some incest couples can produce, polygamist can, and many pedophilia couples can. I guess that leaves only same sex couples and bestiality couples as not being able to ever produce.
The Bible is opposed..
Etc.. yes your position is like discussing something with, well an infant!!!!
Sigh. Once again...

Pedophilia is, by definition, non-consensual, as is bestiality. Incest dramatically increases the risk of genetic problems surfacing.

I have not heard any rational arguments against polygamy, as long as it is between consenting adults. Oh, bonus points: it IS supported by the Bible!

But then, so is same sex marriage, since the Bible celebrates the marriage of David and Johnathan.

#12433 Apr 5, 2013
Moses wrote:
<quoted text>Please go back and read, so you can discover these words "most sovereign states and other jurisdictions limit marriage to opposite-sex couples or two persons of opposite gender in the gender binary".
THE PERVERSION OF THIS IS MUCH LIKE PERVERSION IN GENERAL.
And as rational thought replaces religious superstition, same sex marriage is becoming legal in more and more places world wide.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#12434 Apr 5, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Smoke and mirrors smoke and mirrors. Fear is the greatest emotion you can use against people. That's why those authors of that fiction book you follow used it so often. Scare people into doing what we want. If your book truly taught love acceptance and forgiveness all of you bible thumpers wouldn't always be spewing hatred.
IOW, you have ZERO hope.

Location hidden

#12435 Apr 5, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
You use the bible as a crutch because you can't think for yourself. If you did everything "because the bible says so".
You would own a slave
You would gang rape virgins
You would rule your wife and her body
"For the wife does not rule over her own body, but the husband does..."
1 Corinthians 7:4
There are hundreds of stupid things in the bible and things nobody follows. Why are you allowed to preach from a scripture that you pick and choose which of it it follow?
Biblical illiteracy is no excuse.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#12436 Apr 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>IOW, you have ZERO hope.
I don't rely on hope I make my own life.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#12437 Apr 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Biblical illiteracy is no excuse.
I can read just fine. I'm able to tell fiction from non unlike you.

Location hidden

#12438 Apr 5, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't rely on hope I make my own life.
That's because you have no hope.

Location hidden

#12439 Apr 5, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can read just fine. I'm able to tell fiction from non unlike you.
You don't even know you have no hope.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#12440 Apr 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even know you have no hope.
And yet you do somehow.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#12441 Apr 5, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Snyper: "Can God create something which He cannot destroy utterly?"
God CAN do it, BECAUSE He's omnipotent. But if He did it, would He still be?
HE WOULDN'T DO IT! Why not? Why would He,.... He's omniscient!
Then he can't do it because it would make him un-omnipotent?

Location hidden

#12442 Apr 5, 2013
Moses wrote:
<quoted text>janeebee: HE WOULDN'T DO IT! wHY NOT? Why would He,.....He's omniscient!
Yes, but God did not make you stupid and foolish, that is your freewill and choice. God did not make youd void or reason and blind to His Holy Word, satan did that, and that is your choice.
These 10,000 years, which are known as "time", have but one purpose, to show that a creation, humans, who have freewill and choice, will choose hell and damnation, which 1/3 of the angels will receive, but that Christians have chosen salvation and heaven, which 2/3 of the angels have.
God is a just God, the 1/3 angels are damned, because they were created without freewill and choice, you are damned because you have freewill and choice, and you choose to reject God's word, reject Jesus and to follow satan.
IT IS THAT SIMPLE.
So 1/3 of the angels, created without free will and choice, were created damned?

Location hidden

#12443 Apr 5, 2013
Moses wrote:
<quoted text>Still no legally valid justification for changing and altering the meaning of marriage, to include same sex couples. Ain't that something?
By the way, when did this prohibition begin? The only case that can be made is in California, where the justices allowed it for a mimute and then it was prohibited.
Now, please explain your legally valid justification to change marriage to include same sex, but not adult incest, child incest, bestiality, polygamy and pedophilia.
If you justification is consent, then that is just an opinion. If your justification is the moral concept of family and parenting, then that is a moral opinion like same sex couples.
You got nothing. Sorry!
"justification" is a protestant obsession.

In Law, an overriding necessity must be presented in order to deny or remove Rights.

Location hidden

#12444 Apr 5, 2013
Moses wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, we do not need an argument, marriage is defined as the union of man and woman, period.
Let's review (humorously):

Location hidden

#12445 Apr 5, 2013
Moses wrote:
<quoted text>Please get an education, The word homosexual has only been around since 1853.
Wikipedia has simply redefined the definition of marriage.
If we take the Middle East position on same sex coupling, then by definition we are to kill you all.
Yes, spouses and so let us define a spouse. So, by definition a spouse is a husband who has a wife.
Word Origin & History
spouse
c.1200, "a married woman in relation to her husband" (also of men), from O.Fr. spus (fem. spuse), from L. sponsus "bridegroom" (fem. sponsa "bride"), from masc. and fem. pp. of spondere "to bind oneself, promise solemnly," from PIE *spend- "to make an offering, perform a rite" (see
"Spouse" comes from the Latin "spondere" meaning "to bind oneself, to solemnly promise, commitment".

Remember, words exist to serve human experience, not the other way around.

" ... the sabbath is for man, not man for the sabbath ... "

Location hidden

#12446 Apr 5, 2013
Moses wrote:
<quoted text>Before your gay anger sets in, please tell us what arguments you have heard against incest, polygamy, pedophilia and bestiality?
Would it also be:
The Bible is opposed...
They're Icky
I don't like it
The Bible is opposed...
well, let me see, some incest couples can produce, polygamist can, and many pedophilia couples can. I guess that leaves only same sex couples and bestiality couples as not being able to ever produce.
The Bible is opposed..
Etc.. yes your position is like discussing something with, well an infant!!!!
With the exception of polygamy, the common characteristic of the other elements in your list is the inability of one of the proposed parties to demonstrate informed consent to contract. Historically, polygamy has existed where women were regarded as chattel, and similarly unable to refuse.

Infertile couples cannot reproduce either.

You are hung-up on plumbing.

Location hidden

#12447 Apr 5, 2013
Moses wrote:
<quoted text>Please go back and read, so you can discover these words "most sovereign states and other jurisdictions limit marriage to opposite-sex couples or two persons of opposite gender in the gender binary".
THE PERVERSION OF THIS IS MUCH LIKE PERVERSION IN GENERAL.
Conformity for the sake of conformity or approval is a perversion of innate Freedom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay community celebrating judge's lift on same ... 15 min dduttonnc 11
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 28 min RevKen 29,840
Is Jeb Bush 'evolving' on same-sex marriage and... 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 214
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Graham Cracker 51,364
LaToya Jackson reveals she's no longer engaged ... 4 hr pliez 21
G.I. Same-Sex Couple Reacts to Repeal of Marria... 5 hr bob18806 1
Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 5 hr GayleWood 1,129
More from around the web