Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#11472 Mar 27, 2013
If your god is good, then I'll be just fine.

You can't disprove that.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Still won't help you.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#11473 Mar 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
You can't disprove that.
<quoted text>
He's good to those who repent and serve Him.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11474 Mar 27, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they reveal what's inside you? Filth. That's why they are 'crap' to you.
No, they are mistranslated pieces of crap in the hands of filth like you. You can run along now Skippy.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#11475 Mar 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
You can't disprove that.
It's BECAUSE God is good that you will not be fine

Your "righteousness" according to God is about as good a a filthy menstral rag .......... eew !!

Four marks of a Hell-Bound man .. http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/sermons/80-67 .. learn and live

Location hidden

#11476 Mar 27, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are mistranslated pieces of crap in the hands of filth like you. You can run along now Skippy.
See? You can't hide your filth. God reveals it.
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#11477 Mar 27, 2013
What all powerful god needs servants?

If your god is good, then I'll be just fine whether I serve him or not.

You can't disprove that.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
He's good to those who repent and serve Him.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#11479 Mar 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
What all powerful god needs servants?
If your god is good, then I'll be just fine whether I serve him or not
Not according to the Bible

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son .. that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life ... For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world .. but to save the world through him .. Whoever believes in him is not condemned .. but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son ....... http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/sermons/43-11 .. John 3:16

Location hidden

#11480 Mar 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If your god is good, then I'll be just fine whether I serve him or not.
You can't disprove that.
<quoted text>
Keep telling yourself that all the way to Hell fire.

Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Location hidden

#11482 Mar 27, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
See? You can't hide your filth. God reveals it.
Projection

Location hidden

#11483 Mar 27, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep telling yourself that all the way to Hell fire.
Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
LMAO

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11484 Mar 27, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Can someone translate?
Toxic obsession with the motes in others' eyes.

Location hidden

#11485 Mar 27, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
When anyone lives a lifestyle in sin day after day after day....
THERE NO LONGER REMAINS A SACRIFICE FOR SIN...
Hebrews 10:29
29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?
AND without ANY consideration or notice of any issusea posed by the inclusion of "Hebrews" in the "Antilegomena", you just keeps citing it as an authority?

Selective inattention?

Location hidden

#11486 Mar 27, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Toxic obsession with the motes in others' eyes.
Delivering my soul.

Ezekiel 33:9 (NKJV)
9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

Location hidden

#11487 Mar 27, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
You have a date with eternity. You will keep it.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#11488 Mar 27, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see if you can catch the message from these scriptures:
Hebrews 10:1-7
1 The <<<law>>> is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can ~NEVER,~ by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.
2 ***Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins.***
3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins.
4 ~~~~~It is IMPOSSIBLE for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.~~~~~
5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:
“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but a <<<BODY>>> you prepared for me;
6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings
you were ~NOT~ pleased.
7 [[[[[Then I (Jesus) said,‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—
I have come to do your will, my God.’”]]]]]
Jesus' sacrifice.....
Jesus said....I have COME to do YOUR WILL, MY GOD.
Sacrificial laws were abolished. Great. Most of the laws were not sacrificial. Having tassels on all four corners of your cloak is not such a law. Was that law abolished?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#11489 Mar 27, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Righteousness Through Faith
But now a righteousness from God .. apart from law .. has been made known .. to which the Law and the Prophets testify ... This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe .. There is no difference ... for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God ... and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus ... God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement .. through faith in his blood ... He did this to demonstrate his justice .. because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished ... he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time .. so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus ... Where .. then .. is boasting ?... It is excluded ... On what principle ?.. On that of observing the law ?.. No .. but on that of faith .... For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law .... Is God the God of Jews only ?.. Is he not the God of Gentiles too ?.. Yes .. of Gentiles too ... since there is only one God .. who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith ... Do we .. then .. nullify the law by this faith ?.. Not at all !.. Rather .. we uphold the law .... http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/sermons/80-83 .. Romans 3:21-31
Nowhere in that entire ellipsis-slathered gibberish was it ever mentioned when or if the Sabbath had been abolished.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#11490 Mar 27, 2013
snyper wrote:
AND without ANY consideration or notice of any issusea posed by tha inclusion of "Hebrews" up in tha "Antilegomena", you just keeps citin it as a authority?
Selectizzle inattention, biatch?
A 2004 article by Michael Foust states:
“A new study by a group of University of Chicago researchers reveals a high level of promiscuity and unhealthy behavior among that city's homosexual male population.

According to the researchers, 42.9 percent of homosexual men in Chicago's Shoreland area have had more than 60 sexual partners, while an additional 18.4 percent have had between 31 and 60 partners. All total, 61.3 percent of the area's homosexual men have had more than 30 partners, and 87.8 percent have had more than 15, the research found.

As a result, 55.1 percent of homosexual males in Shoreland -- known as Chicago's "gay center" -- have at least one sexually transmitted disease, researchers said.

The three-year study on the sexual habits of Chicago's citizens will appear in the upcoming book, "The Sexual Organization of The City" (University of Chicago Press), due out this spring.[79][80]

......... http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T588JBDEA... .. continue

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#11491 Mar 27, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Righteousness Through Faith
But now a righteousness from God .. apart from law .. has been made known .. to which the Law and the Prophets testify ... This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe .. There is no difference ... for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God ... and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus ... God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement .. through faith in his blood ... He did this to demonstrate his justice .. because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished ... he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time .. so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus ... Where .. then .. is boasting ?... It is excluded ... On what principle ?.. On that of observing the law ?.. No .. but on that of faith .... For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law .... Is God the God of Jews only ?.. Is he not the God of Gentiles too ?.. Yes .. of Gentiles too ... since there is only one God .. who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith ... Do we .. then .. nullify the law by this faith ?.. Not at all !.. Rather .. we uphold the law .... http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/sermons/80-83 .. Romans 3:21-31
By the way, running my words through a homeboy translator isn't clever.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#11492 Mar 27, 2013
......... oh, but too funny

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#11493 Mar 27, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus wasn't just 'good', He was sinless.
Untrue.

Jesus whipped people, in anger, as retribution for their activities in the temple. He took the law into his own hands and meted out his own personal form of justice. Jesus said to obey the laws of man, and then stepped around that teaching to enforce his own interpretation of God's law.

But, regardless, asserting sinlessness when we only have, at best, excerpts of a few years of his life (which, themselves, are of dubious accuracy) is an assumption that cannot be corroborated. You might as well say he had a 200 IQ, for all it matters and as verifiable as it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 11 min Rainbow Kid 35,232
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 1 hr WasteWater 505
News JP's refusal to perform same-sex marriage draws... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 5
News Please sign our petition against heterosexual d... (Feb '09) 3 hr Vicente Fox 125
News 'Hindu girl forced to convert to Islam' (Apr '10) 8 hr JOSH 537
News Meet The "Real Housewives Of Miami" (Feb '11) 12 hr Cape Coral Real E... 10
News More gay people can now get legally married. Th... (Oct '14) Thu fatouht 45
More from around the web