Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
10,141 - 10,160 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#11447 Mar 27, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No exactly true....
If you become like Christ....Christ-like....
God is in the life change business.
“For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.”
Assuming facts not in evidence (existence of God, nature of God).

Try again.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#11448 Mar 27, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my questions about exactly which laws were abolished. Please, be specific.
Lets see if you can catch the message from these scriptures:

Hebrews 10:1-7

1 The <<<law>>> is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can ~NEVER,~ by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.

2 ***Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins.***

3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins.

4 ~~~~~It is IMPOSSIBLE for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.~~~~~

5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:

“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but a <<<BODY>>> you prepared for me;

6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings
you were ~NOT~ pleased.

7 [[[[[Then I (Jesus) said,‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—
I have come to do your will, my God.’”]]]]]

Jesus' sacrifice.....

Jesus said....I have COME to do YOUR WILL, MY GOD.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#11449 Mar 27, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my questions about exactly which laws were abolished. Please, be specific.
I am giving you these scriptures to study and understand why the laws were abolished.....

Hebrews 9:13-18

13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly (law was outside) clean.(God wants you to be cleaned on the inside *spiritually*)

14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God,~~~cleanse our consciences~~~(SPIRITUALLY) from acts that lead to (spiritual) death, so that we may serve the living God!

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a <NEW COVENANT,> (not the Old Covenant) that those who are called may receive the promised ~eternal inheritance—~now that he has died as a ransom to set them FREE from the sins committed under the first covenant.(Old Covenant)

16 ***In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it,***

17 because a WILL is in force only when somebody has DIED; (JESUS SACRIFICE) it never takes effect while the one who made it is living.

18 This is why even the first covenant was NOT put into effect without blood.(BLOOD OF THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF JESUS)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#11450 Mar 27, 2013
John 1:17

17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Law was given through Moses.....

GRACE and TRUTH can through Jesus Christ....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#11451 Mar 27, 2013
correction: 'came' through Jesus Christ....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11452 Mar 27, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"That is your mistaken assumption." I didn't Author our English Bibles. The all condemn gays to eternal Hell.
Most English Bibles are crap.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#11453 Mar 27, 2013
The reason why the laws were abolished, is because collectively, the 613 mitzvot are a seriously tough sell if that is what being a Christian is going to entail, especially among adult males attached to their foreskins. Henceforth Christianity became forever a buffet of selective enforcement of the Old Laws and a hodgepodge of new ones for all the Gentiles joining in.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#11455 Mar 27, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
The reason why the laws were abolished, is because collectively, the 613 mitzvot are a seriously tough sell if that is what being a Christian is going to entail, especially among adult males attached to their foreskins. Henceforth Christianity became forever a buffet of selective enforcement of the Old Laws and a hodgepodge of new ones for all the Gentiles joining in.
Ephesians 2:14-16

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,

15 by setting aside in his flesh the law (old covenant) with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to [[[create in himself]]] ONE NEW humanity out of the two,(old & new covenant) thus making peace,

16 and in ONE body to reconcile both of them (old & new covenant) to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.

this one

#11456 Mar 27, 2013
Don't you ever wonder why you have such disturbed sexual fantasies? Don't bother to tell us, it's bad enough you're telling us that your mind is happy to go there. Reading why it works that way is completely unnecessary and an issue better left to a professional.

this one

#11458 Mar 27, 2013
Truth wrote:
Ephesians 2:14-16
14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,
15 by setting aside in his flesh the law (old covenant) with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to [[[create in himself]]] ONE NEW humanity out of the two,(old & new covenant) thus making peace,
16 and in ONE body to reconcile both of them (old & new covenant) to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.
So you know bits and pieces of the Bible, congratulations. This tells me what exactly? It really isn't a response to the facts that the reason the laws were abolished is because nobody but those brought up to be Jewish were of the mind of having to abide by them all and that Christians have been dining on a buffet of the old laws ever since.
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#11460 Mar 27, 2013
Scripture is bollocks. Got any evidence?
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
When anyone lives a lifestyle in sin day after day after day....
THERE NO LONGER REMAINS A SACRIFICE FOR SIN...
Hebrews 10:29
29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#11461 Mar 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Or not intelligent, either.
There is however a strong correlation between the IQs of non-arranged partners.
<quoted text>
IQ's won't save anyone from Hell fire.

Location hidden

#11462 Mar 27, 2013
just the facts wrote:
Bill we all live in sin, after all that's why jesus died on the old rugged cross. If we where sin free, that ( jesus dieing) was a total waste of time.
We all have committed sin. We don't all live in sin. Big difference. Being gay is living in sin.

Location hidden

#11463 Mar 27, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Really Bill, be a nice guy and show me where god is going to send me off to hell, for loving my brothers and sisters ( Human's).
Never said He would. For being gay? Yes indeed.

Location hidden

#11464 Mar 27, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
When did the Sabbath get abolished? If you say "Jesus changed everything," please cite which exact laws got abolished and which didn't. Levitical laws? Mosaic laws? The "ten commandments?" What, exactly, got abolished? What was left in its/their place? Please, again, be specific.
There is no Sabbath command in the NT except maybe:

Colossians 2:16 (NKJV)
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,

Location hidden

#11465 Mar 27, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like your Jesus being a good person doesn't make you a good person.
Jesus wasn't just 'good', He was sinless.
Barach

Pekin, IL

#11466 Mar 27, 2013
Hick in Kansas wrote:
Hick, The Law was never abolished. Some parts of it were fulfilled in Jesus. Others, like commands against homosexual behavior, were re-emphasized.

Hick, you are an ignorant bigot, which I supposed is typical of the hate based radical homosexual movement you espouse. Likely, most of the rest of them are like you, living alone, dissipated, and despised in a rusty windblown trailer.

Location hidden

#11467 Mar 27, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Most English Bibles are crap.
Because they reveal what's inside you? Filth. That's why they are 'crap' to you.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#11468 Mar 27, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
When did tha Sabbath git abolished, biatch? If you say "Jizzy chizzled every last muthafuckin thang," please cite which exact laws gots abolished n' which didn't. Levitical laws, biatch? Mosaic laws, biatch? Da "ten commandments?" What, exactly, gots abolished, biatch? What was left up in its/their place, biatch? Please, again, be specific
Righteousness Through Faith

But now a righteousness from God .. apart from law .. has been made known .. to which the Law and the Prophets testify ... This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe .. There is no difference ... for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God ... and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus ... God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement .. through faith in his blood ... He did this to demonstrate his justice .. because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished ... he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time .. so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus ... Where .. then .. is boasting ?... It is excluded ... On what principle ?.. On that of observing the law ?.. No .. but on that of faith .... For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law .... Is God the God of Jews only ?.. Is he not the God of Gentiles too ?.. Yes .. of Gentiles too ... since there is only one God .. who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith ... Do we .. then .. nullify the law by this faith ?.. Not at all !.. Rather .. we uphold the law .... http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/sermons/80-83 .. Romans 3:21-31

Location hidden

#11469 Mar 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahahaha
ahhaahhaahha
ahahahahahah
I can't believe you are THAT stupid.... wait, yes I can.
Since you know NOTHING accurate about the Bible that makes YOU look VERY stupid. Now you know.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 23 min ALL ABOUT THE FRE... 31,202
3 states, plaintiffs want Supreme Court to hear... 1 hr nhjeff 14
Gay marriage opponents take lower profile 2 hr Tam Phat 7
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 4 hr KiMare 24,895
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr Dick Topick 49,534
Protester storms Families meeting 5 hr Fa-Foxy 4
'Gayborhoods' fade with growing acceptance of LGBT 7 hr Frankie Rizzo 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••