Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11210 Mar 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your proof is?
In both Mark and Matthew, Yeshua is recorded as saying that a bit of marriage Law which in context is referred to as of divine origin was, in fact, a bit of legislating that Moshe did all by his lonesome.

Generally, Yeshua taught from the prophets and was establishing a new "school" of prophets. He was also against the Levitical/Temple/Sadducee cult of atonement sacrifices, and made reference, through the prophets, back to pre-Mosaic systems. Ironically, his message was not Passover-based as much as it was Sabbath-based.

It has been suggested that one of Yeshua's prime missions was to bring to and end the entire concept of priestly blood sacrifice atonement, replacing it with "a humble and contrite heart", and heartfelt concern for others. This is born out by most of Mark and Matthew.

By the way, you mean to ask for "support", as in "supporting text" rather than "proof".

Yeshua pointedly said to Pharisees that the Mosaic records were corrupted and contradicted them regularly, usually by superseding their statements or requirements in attacks upon legalistic hypocrisies. He didn't establish stricter codes, he just demonstrated that inner honesty was absent, and that ANY "holier-than-thou" attitude could easily be out-holied by introspection and honesty. The point made was that legalism was NOT the path to his good graces. Honest, genuine and heartfelt concern for others, free from any thought of reward, was the criterion he would use.

Now THAT is a tight needle to thread!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11211 Mar 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text> Bill the term Gay, at best would imply happiness at the time of the writing of the NT. The word homosexual does not appear in the language of Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek or Latin. There fore the book you ever so worship is a bastardised copy, that fails in translation.
(N.B. "Gay" comes from the New York docks of the early 20th Century. It is a misspelling of the Dutch sailor slang "ghey" meaning "randy", as in "a randy tar".)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#11213 Mar 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Bill I also support women's rights does that make me a woman? In the sixties I supported civil rights for African Americans, Bill I am a caucasian. Bill are you a bigot?
Your problem is the Bible.

Location hidden

#11214 Mar 24, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
In both Mark and Matthew, Yeshua is recorded as saying that a bit of marriage Law which in context is referred to as of divine origin was, in fact, a bit of legislating that Moshe did all by his lonesome.
Generally, Yeshua taught from the prophets and was establishing a new "school" of prophets. He was also against the Levitical/Temple/Sadducee cult of atonement sacrifices, and made reference, through the prophets, back to pre-Mosaic systems. Ironically, his message was not Passover-based as much as it was Sabbath-based.
It has been suggested that one of Yeshua's prime missions was to bring to and end the entire concept of priestly blood sacrifice atonement, replacing it with "a humble and contrite heart", and heartfelt concern for others. This is born out by most of Mark and Matthew.
By the way, you mean to ask for "support", as in "supporting text" rather than "proof".
Yeshua pointedly said to Pharisees that the Mosaic records were corrupted and contradicted them regularly, usually by superseding their statements or requirements in attacks upon legalistic hypocrisies. He didn't establish stricter codes, he just demonstrated that inner honesty was absent, and that ANY "holier-than-thou" attitude could easily be out-holied by introspection and honesty. The point made was that legalism was NOT the path to his good graces. Honest, genuine and heartfelt concern for others, free from any thought of reward, was the criterion he would use.
Now THAT is a tight needle to thread!
No proof? Of course not. Just your opinions again. What happened to you ignoring me?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11215 Mar 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
What interpretation? "men with men" doesn't need interpreting.
Why are you hung up on that? Most people don't even care? Is there something you want to tell us?

Location hidden

#11216 Mar 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Bill, Christ like, you know what you nice christians claim to be. Would Jesus tell someone to shut up when he was speaking to the masses? I think not, he would have welcomed the questions as a way of teaching. Bill why do you enjoy corrupting the word of Jesus?
Why are you so confused? Answer: you are perishing.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (NKJV)
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

Location hidden

#11217 Mar 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No proof? Of course not.
There is no proof that the Bible has anything to do with God either. In fact, there is no proof that God even exists right?(SMILE)

Location hidden

#11218 Mar 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problem is the Bible.
It's no problem really. One can throw the Bible into the fireplace and get warm. One can use it for toilet paper or a doorstop. I have no problem with the Bible. It has many uses.

Location hidden

#11219 Mar 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you hung up on that? Most people don't even care? Is there something you want to tell us?
Then why do you keep reading my posts? You don't care? LOL

Location hidden

#11220 Mar 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no proof that the Bible has anything to do with God either. In fact, there is no proof that God even exists right?(SMILE)
There is indeed proof. Israel is back from the dead just as God foretold.

Location hidden

#11221 Mar 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no problem really. One can throw the Bible into the fireplace and get warm. One can use it for toilet paper or a doorstop. I have no problem with the Bible. It has many uses.
Then why does it bother you so much?

“The Final Sacrifice”

Since: Feb 13

Be Blessed

#11222 Mar 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it backwards. Are you really defending gays? If so then you are in the same sinking ship.
No, I'm not judging them either. How can you judge someone the way they were born? Their only choice then is to lead a life of celibacy, which is what I do since my spouse died and I am unmarried and must due to my beliefs and commitment to Christ.

Or should they just have random sex and relationships as straight people do that don't marry? Then it wouldn't be perpetual, right? And to tell them to disregard their genetic make~up and live as a straight is not any of our rights. Not any more than we can force people to marry or not divorce and remarry. It is out of our hands and into God's.

Why is it that some see others sins as already delivered to hell, while they themselves already smoulder in their own unperceived sins?? Perhaps your focus should be more directed on improving self and concerning yourself of your own salvation.

>^o^<

Location hidden

#11223 Mar 24, 2013
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not judging them either. How can you judge someone the way they were born? Their only choice then is to lead a life of celibacy, which is what I do since my spouse died and I am unmarried and must due to my beliefs and commitment to Christ.
Or should they just have random sex and relationships as straight people do that don't marry? Then it wouldn't be perpetual, right? And to tell them to disregard their genetic make~up and live as a straight is not any of our rights. Not any more than we can force people to marry or not divorce and remarry. It is out of our hands and into God's.
Why is it that some see others sins as already delivered to hell, while they themselves already smoulder in their own unperceived sins?? Perhaps your focus should be more directed on improving self and concerning yourself of your own salvation.
>^o^<
Why do you sound gay?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#11224 Mar 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
What I believe is that you are not qualified to say what is Truth.
And you are dear? Under whose authority? So you pray, so you pray.

Location hidden

#11225 Mar 24, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>And you are dear? Under whose authority?
No, but God is. And the Bible is His words.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#11226 Mar 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
If your bible is copyrighted; it is the words of the copyright holder; not the Word of GOD

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#11227 Mar 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
The meaning you give to His Word however, that's all on you dear and as you pray. Your morally repugnant beliefs are your own fault sweetie, neither the Bible nor God Himself is to blame.

“The Final Sacrifice”

Since: Feb 13

Be Blessed

#11228 Mar 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you sound gay?
I don't. And I'm not. There was no doubt what gender I was attracted to since I was a toddler. It happened to be the opposite sex, and it never changed. It is the same way with gays. Perhaps I'm just more educated on the matter in Psych., Genetics, and other studies than you and also noted the differences in others since before I knew a thing about it.

Remember, when you point your finger at others, there's 3 pointing back at you .... "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
~Wayne Dyer

Location hidden

#11229 Mar 24, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
If your bible is copyrighted; it is the words of the copyright holder; not the Word of GOD
And your bible is? Since you created your own false god you don't even know. That's why you spew filth of Satan. You have not been given the gift of repentance.

Location hidden

#11230 Mar 24, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>The meaning you give to His Word however, that's all on you dear and as you pray. Your morally repugnant beliefs are your own fault sweetie, neither the Bible nor God Himself is to blame.
The meaning is clear. Gays will spend eternity in Hell. And that's a LONG time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 5 hr Pietro Armando 46
News Kerryann Taylor Weds Matthew French (Mar '13) 21 hr Honest truth 4
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) Wed Tre H 4,336
News The Latest: Trump says canceling Chicago rally ... Tue OfficialTrumpCard 1,729
News Nicole Kidman's priest says actress hopes one d... Jun 28 Anne Russell 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Jun 28 Levy Hater 31,925
News Bollywood in Taipei Jun 28 TW_sugar_daddio 6
More from around the web