Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“The Final Sacrifice”

Since: Feb 13

Be Blessed

#11184 Mar 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't bring the subject up nor start threads about gays. I don't even remember seeing a thread on adultery. Start one or shut up.
"Shut up"?? Grrrrr. How Christ~like of you. Not. There are no threads on adultery. You guys are so hung up on gays you don't think anything of the sins stated in the Bible by Christ Himself. You have tunnel~vision and only see what you wish as right and wrong and subject to eternal damnation.

Matt. 19:

9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

So are all these that remarry and live in perpetual sin going to be joining the gays you damn to hell?? That sure will leave a lot of free space in Heaven, eh??

Matt. 7:

14 Because narrow is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11185 Mar 24, 2013
CWU wrote:
Ephesians 5:1-20
Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people.
Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.
For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them. For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord.
Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord.
Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light.
This is why it is said:
“Wake up, sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you.”
Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.
Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
That would all be well and good if Saul were a valid source.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#11187 Mar 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
And that's your lying Satanic opinion.
Sweetie, if you don't want to believe that your interpretation of the Bible is nothing more than a prayer on your part, that's your problem, not mine. In spite of your certitude to the contrary, your beliefs are far from universal among self-identified Christians and God sorts you all out, not you. Sorry.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#11189 Mar 24, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
READ THAT PEOPLE ??
We can ALL ignore him now.
I wasn't forcing you to read. You wanted to.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#11190 Mar 24, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Which might be valid if the source is what it claims.
Yeshua clearly indicated that not everything in those writings is of divine origin.
Your proof is?
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#11191 Mar 24, 2013
Romans 2:1-16

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.
God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

For God does not show favoritism.

All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.

They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)

This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#11194 Mar 24, 2013
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
You guys are so hung up on gays you don't think anything of the sins stated in the Bible by Christ Himself.
You have it backwards. Are you really defending gays? If so then you are in the same sinking ship.
CWU

Tinley Park, IL

#11195 Mar 24, 2013
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt. 7:
14 Because narrow is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.
Amen.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#11196 Mar 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
The Bible is YOUR problem.
It is a book dear, not a problem.
dollarsbill wrote:
"the furnace of fire"
Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
Matthew 7:15-23

New King James Version (NKJV)
You Will Know Them by Their Fruits

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
I Never Knew You

21 “Not everyone who says to Me,‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day,‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them,‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Good luck on that dear, your posts keep telling me that you are going to be needing it more than your delusional certitude.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11198 Mar 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"The majority view is that all of the books that would eventually form the New Testament were written in Koine Greek."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Testamen...
All of those writings collected by the followers of Saul and the Alexandrian/Cappadocian/Nicene heretics.

I misspoke in my prior post. I meant to refer to "the Gospel of the Nazoreans".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_the_Na...

Sorry. It was a long night. We had a cow in labor and it was difficult. I had to guide one of our new members in reaching in and turning a calf. 19 hours of labor and we almost lost both. I'll be off to an early bed in a bit, and someone else can teach the grafting class tonight before compline!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_the_Eb...

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#11199 Mar 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Sins a sin, Bill, at least in the eyes of Jesus. Bill why do you ignore all the other sins ?
I don't ignore them. It's just that there are a lot of gays here spewing their filth. Start a thread on adultery and see.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#11200 Mar 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Since gays will spend eternity in Hell I would say that God is not pleased with them, to be kind.
Unfortunately for you; only gay men will make it to heaven
They will only be redeemed from among men, and they have to be the first fruits
Men who have sex with women won't get in
++++++++++
Revelation 14:1> And I looked, and loe, a Lambe stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundreth fourty and foure thousand, hauing his Fathers Name written in their foreheads.
Revelation 14:2> And I heard a voice from heauen, as the voice of many waters, and as the voyce of a great thunder: and I heard the voyce of harpers, harping with their harpes.
Revelation 14:3> And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the foure beasts, and the Elders, and no man could learne that song, but the hundreth and fourtie and foure thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Revelation 14:4> These are they which were not defiled with women: for they are virgines: These are they which follow the Lambe whithersoeuer hee goeth: These were redeemed from among men, being the first fruits vnto God, and to the Lambe.
Revelation 14:5> And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
++++++++++

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#11201 Mar 24, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, if you don't want to believe that your interpretation of the Bible is nothing more than a prayer on your part, that's your problem, not mine. In spite of your certitude to the contrary, your beliefs are far from universal among self-identified Christians and God sorts you all out, not you. Sorry.
What I believe is that you are not qualified to say what is Truth.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#11202 Mar 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text> Bill the term Gay, at best would imply happiness at the time of the writing of the NT. The word homosexual does not appear in the language of Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek or Latin. There fore the book you ever so worship is a bastardised copy, that fails in translation.
And that's your opinion, nothing more. Every English Bible condemns gays. You're right that all of them are wrong? Nah

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#11203 Mar 24, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Thas not Christ like, at all Bill. Do you like making Jesus cry
Not Christ like?

Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand,'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11204 Mar 24, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right, that's why you're still here. The bottom line is that the Bible condemns gays to eternal Hell fire.
"God gave them up to vile affections"
The Bible is a book, it has no power to do such things. Besides, your interpretation of the Bible leaves much to be desired.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#11205 Mar 24, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for you; only gay men will make it to heaven
Your Satanic opinions are, well, Satanic opinions.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11206 Mar 24, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Which might be valid if the source is what it claims.
Yeshua clearly indicated that not everything in those writings is of divine origin.
Exactly.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#11208 Mar 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is a book, it has no power to do such things. Besides, your interpretation of the Bible leaves much to be desired.
What interpretation? "men with men" doesn't need interpreting.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#11209 Mar 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
No proof? Of course not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Orchard seeks withdrawal from UMC 7 hr Obama and Clintons 16
News Muslim cleric tells Australians: 'Husbands shou... (Jan '09) 17 hr Vivek Golikeri 64
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) Mon barry 5,274
News Washington court rules against florist in gay w... Mon Eagle 12 50
News 'Are you prepared to have kids who aren't white?' Mon slumdog indians 13
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) Sun Now Is The Time 36,047
News Suffolk bishop says rejection of controversial ... Sun Rainbow Kid 1
More from around the web