Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#10976 Mar 22, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
so his protest was totally undertandable.
Hey! I don't make boring ol' plain rice. My rice is a savory mix of broth and seasonings, cooked right into the rice from the start.(Not for the sodium watchers in the audience...)

#10977 Mar 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Anitchristian, antifundie, same thing.
Are you gay? Listen up.
"will not inherit the Kingdom of God" "nor homosexuals"
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
Quoting out of context is EXACTLY the same as deliberately lying. Then too, deliberately quoting a known MIS-translation is also lying...

#10978 Mar 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Me argue with what God has said....not hardly.....
Yes, and you continue to do so. Do you understand that I posted quotes directly from the Bible? Do you believe that any part of the Bible was in any way "inspired"?

Do your comments agree with what the Bible said in those posts?
Truth wrote:
Who was the Law for???
Jesus said,“Do not think that I came to <destroy> the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill”
The Law REQUIRED that Jesus be in Jerusalem and go to the Temple for the Feast of Passover. By being there at that time, he fulfilled the Law. Had he not been executed by the Romans, he would have had to go back again the next year, and the next and the one after that, for his entire life.
Truth wrote:
Do you NOT understand that the Law had a purpose and served its purpose well???
According to the Bible, the Law >>>HAS<<< a purpose. NOT past tense, present tense.
Truth wrote:
fulfill......

<<<<<to make complete in every particular, to render perfect>>>>>
to carry through to the end, to accomplish, carry out,(some undertaking)
<<<<<to carry into effect, bring to realization, realize>>>>>
of matters of duty: to perform, execute
of sayings, promises, prophecies, <<<<<to bring to pass,>>>>> ratify, accomplish
to fulfil, i.e. to cause God's will (as made known in the law) to be obeyed as it should be, and <<<<<God's promises (given through the prophets) to receive fulfillment>>>> > [IN WHICH JESUS DID]
fulfill....the prophecy was answered in full and brought to completion by Jesus Christ....
I drove the speed limit yesterday. The day before that too. Having "fulfilled the law, does that now mean that I can drive as fast as I want?
Truth wrote:
Again, Who was the Law for???
The Law was for the children of Israel as part of the ETERNAL Covenant between them and their God.

#10979 Mar 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Since neither he nor you are expert in Greek it's irrelevant. Every English bible condemns gays to the 'eternal fire'.
Deliberately continuing to quote known MIS-translations is a form of lying.

No LEGITIMATE translation of the Bible condemns homosexuality.

#10980 Mar 22, 2013
Oh, well. Not a huge back log of posts to catch up on, but I am already out of time. My son's school is feting the faculty and a few parents for recent efforts to improve the school and I am one of the parents...

Looks like I will have to pick back up with page 497 some time in the near future, a task made slightly more difficult with my young'un starting Spring Break this afternoon.

TTFN!
nc residents

Charlotte, NC

#10981 Mar 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! I don't make boring ol' plain rice. My rice is a savory mix of broth and seasonings, cooked right into the rice from the start.(Not for the sodium watchers in the audience...)
still nothing beats tots, the only suitable alternative for children is mac n cheese
anon45

Taipei, Taiwan

#10982 Mar 22, 2013
A child of God is special. Special to God.

If you are a child of God, you are superior to the children of the devil.

If you are a child of God you will be more righteous than the child of the devil.

The Children of God

They are Holy.

They love righteousness.

They hate sin.

They are wise.

They are respectful.

They are perfect as their Father is in Heaven.

They are head and shoulders above those who are not of God.

And they never ever tell a lie.

The liars come from the devil,

The father of all liars.
anon45

Taipei, Taiwan

#10983 Mar 22, 2013
I am possessed with Seven Spirits.

The Seven Spirits of God.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#10984 Mar 22, 2013
Ever notice that after Paul had his revelation he stopped persecuting the people he used to condemn?

Ever wonder why his followers won't do the same?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10987 Mar 22, 2013
boring

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10988 Mar 22, 2013
spam

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#10989 Mar 22, 2013
"Flooding"

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10992 Mar 22, 2013
do you really think anybody is reading that?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#10993 Mar 22, 2013
Jeff wrote:
Its not that God has no room for the homosexual but that God wants all men to repent of their sins whatever they may be. All of us must acknowledge our sin and not redefine sin to mean something good.
If you really want to pray that homosexual behavior is in and of itself sinful, you go right ahead. But don't be too surprised if we don't join you in on that, the Bible tells us so.
Quest

Manchester, MD

#10996 Mar 22, 2013
Do any Christians alive follow Leviticus?
Quest

Brazil

#10997 Mar 22, 2013
We've been headed down this road for some time now. The country is splitting across the board, churches included. You have the rational freedom-loving people on the progressive side, and the repressed fear-mongering conservatives on the other side, seeking to create a neo-christian taliban.

When the conservative right wingnuts took it uopn themselves to create a law that favored their church doctrine over everyone else, they fired the first shot - they drew first blood. And they cannot seem to comprehend why people are p*ssed off about what they did. Mainly because they don't know the history of their own GD country, which was founded by people trying to escape an official state religion. They don't get it, and won't get it, because they don't want to get it.

So we are forced to make them get it, under penalty of law through the courts. No accounting for their sanity, since they keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. What part of inalienable do you whack jobs not understand?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10999 Mar 23, 2013
Quest wrote:
Do any Christians alive follow Leviticus?
Does anybody really follow Leviticus? It can't be done. It is impossible or against the law.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#11000 Mar 23, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize that you have offered up a "translation" which has been deliberately rewritten to say something which isn't in the earliest known copies of the work?
I realize that Satan sends his children to attack the Bible.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#11001 Mar 23, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Um Bill, it might help you out to realize that there is a difference between attacking your choice of belief that the Bible condemns us to "eternal Hell fire" and attacking the Bible itself. They aren't one and the same thing, in spite of your certitude to the contrary. Personally, I think that there is a lot that everyone, non-Christians and outright atheists included can learn from it. Too bad you haven't.
Yeah I could choose an English Bible that doesn't condemn gays to Hell if I could find one, but I can't find even one.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#11002 Mar 23, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF does Biblically literate mean? Does it mean agreement with your opinion? Sorry, that simply doesn't fly. I most likely know a great deal more about the Bible than you do my friend. Quoting passages the way you do proves you know nothing about the Bible.
It means you are Biblically illiterate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 44 min Tre H 14,009
News In Kentucky town, gay-marriage opponent Davis s... 1 hr Wisdom 16
News PM continues gay marriage victory blitz 3 hr Gremlin 1
News Organization of Arab Student celebrates culture... 3 hr Big Johnson 2
News Supporters of the same-sex marriage "Yes" vote ... 3 hr Gremlin 5
News Bristol Palin: Breaking abstinence pledge again... (Jun '15) 4 hr anonz 18
News Lesbian granted rights of 'husband' in same-sex... (May '17) 10 hr Thinking Out Loud 28
More from around the web