Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16103 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#10862 Mar 21, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not one of Christ's Disciples. They lived with Him and learned from Him directly. You cannot compare yourself to them.
The quote specified the number of Disciples. It was not referring to just any old "followers."
You are not qualified to act like one of the twelve.
You are confusing apostles with discipes. Twelve apostles. All Cristians are disciples of Jesus.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10863 Mar 21, 2013
apostles and disciples are interchangeable words, as far as I know.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#10864 Mar 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is sinless except Jesus Christ...
As always, the Bible says that you are wrong:

Genesis 7:1 And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

2 Samuel 22:25 Therefore the LORD hath recompensed me (David) according to my righteousness; according to my cleanness in his eye sight.

1 Kings 3:14 (Addressing Solomon) And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.

Isaiah 3:10 Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.
<Obviously, there were enough sinless people that Isaiah was not going to name them individually!)

Luke 1:6 And they (Elisabeth and Zechariah) were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

James 5:16 ...The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
<James, the brother of Jesus, believed that there were righteous people.>

Ezekiel 18:5 But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right,
18:9 Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord God.

Luke 2:25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout...

Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
<Hmm, and that was Jesus talking... looks like Jesus thought that there were just people without sin.>

Luke 23:50 And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counsellor; and he was a good man, and a just:

Yeah, the Bible and the New Testament too say that there have been people without sin.

“Fully Protected ~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10865 Mar 21, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Been studying scripture over 35 years, you can't spin it to me.
So? Does not mean you understand it......it is clear to see you don't.

#10866 Mar 21, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
was it effective?
The menu stayed as I had planned it...

“Fully Protected ~”

Location hidden

#10867 Mar 21, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
In your own words what does that scripture mean?
Please stay on the same page......exactly what is says......there are greater sins.

#10868 Mar 21, 2013
His-truth wrote:
nc resident = it is recognizing God has a relationship with all his children
but not ALL are his children .. John 1:12
only through his son
Amos 3:1 Hear this word that the LORD hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying,
3:2 You only have I known of all the families of the earth...

"You ONLY have I known...
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#10869 Mar 21, 2013
Tony C wrote:
apostles and disciples are interchangeable words, as far as I know.
Well now you know better. Google the etymology on both terms that should help you understand the difference.

Since: Oct 07

Aberdeen, UK

#10870 Mar 21, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
The intact Word of God is not available to us.
I beg to differ Tony he is indeed ..you know that already ..you hear his voice and he has led you to be who he created you to be ..intact scriptures are not available to us ..but the living Word of God is
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#10871 Mar 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The menu stayed as I had planned it...
Rats! I was rooting for him.
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#10872 Mar 21, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Please stay on the same page......exactly what is says......there are greater sins.
Ok, you got caught in a , oh sh*t I really don't know what I am talking about moment. Take a deep breath, go back, this time read the WHOLE chapter, ask the Holy Spirit to help you understand and give you words to explain it.

#10873 Mar 21, 2013
His-truth wrote:
uM, NOTE TO Nettiebelle:
There is no such thing as Biblical Popes or Priests .. the priesthood went by by w/ the Old Cvennant ... http://bobgeorge.net/teaching/closer-look/new... ... and the RCC is a possible candidate for the end-time One world religion led by the false prophet .. Rev 17
quit being sucked by the Harlot
Catholicism is no worse than any other form of christianity. It has just as much Biblical authority for its beliefs and teachings as all the rest.

#10874 Mar 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
exceeded.....
to grow, become great or important, promote, make powerful, praise, magnify, do great things
to grow up
to become great
to be magnified
to cause to grow
to make great, powerful
to magnify
to be brought up
to make great
to magnify
to do great things
to magnify oneself
Do you even understand how GREAT of a person David turned out to be???
1 Samuel 20:41
41 After the boy had gone, David got up from the south side of the stone and bowed down before Jonathan three times, with his face to the ground. Then they kissed each other and wept together—but David wept the most.
Again, there was NO marriage between Jonathan and David....
And if you can't see how that word could be used as a slang term for orgasm, you need to go back to middle school.

And I will remind you that the sex between David and Johnathan was only one of the three methods by which they created matrimonial bonds.

Since: Oct 07

Aberdeen, UK

#10875 Mar 21, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>See this post just goes to show you have indeed opened yourself up to a spirit. You do not even sound like a Christian......You may fool some in here but....not me.
Resident is a disciple of Christ ..now if by the measure you use to say "you do not even sound like a Christian" how do you think you sound amening docs posts agreeing with him/her and gosssiping and backbiting with him/her or dollarbills shit handing people and whole families over to satan (in his dreams) and dancing the fandango high fiving and hallelujahing his filth ....really how do you think you sound

“Fully Protected ~”

Location hidden

#10876 Mar 21, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, you got caught in a , oh sh*t I really don't know what I am talking about moment. Take a deep breath, go back, this time read the WHOLE chapter, ask the Holy Spirit to help you understand and give you words to explain it.
I told you what it meant......clean up your mouth. I thought you were trying to make us believe you were saved? No wonder it is taking you many-many years,lol.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10877 Mar 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Gross conceptual error. AGAIN. Will you PLEASE try to read the Bible for comprehension, someday?
Genesis 13:10 And Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all the plain of Jordan, that it was well watered every where, before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, even as the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, as thou comest unto Zoar.
13:11 Then Lot chose him all the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east: and they separated themselves the one from the other.
Lot chose to go toward the area that had been so obviously BLESSED by his God.
What was Lot's consequences after pitching his tent in Sodom???

Lot and his possessions were carried away by evil kings.

Genesis 14:11-12

11 The four kings seized all the goods of Sodom and Gomorrah and all their food; then they went away.

12 They also <<<carried off>>> Abram’s nephew Lot and his possessions, since he was living in Sodom.

Lot was tormented by fellow citizens.

Genesis 19:5-11

5 They called to Lot,“Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him

7 and said,“No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing.

8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

9 “Get out of our way,” they replied.“This fellow came here as a foreigner, and now he wants to play the judge! We’ll treat you worse than them.” They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.

10 But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door.

11 Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.

Lot looses almost everything.

Wife turned to a pillar of salt...

All his family except two children destroyed...

Belongings lie in ashes and brimstone.

Gen 19:12-29

Lot gets drunk and commits incest.

Genesis 19:30-38

30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave.

31 One day the older daughter said to the younger,“Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth.

32 <<<Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.”>>>

33 <<<That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.>>>

34 ~~~The next day the older daughter said to the younger,“Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.”~~~

35 ~~~So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.~~~

36 *So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father.*

37 The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab; he is the father of the Moabites of today.

38 The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi; he is the father of the Ammonites of today.

#10878 Mar 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
We are NOT under the Law of Moses (Old Testament)....
Maybe true, IF you are not one of the children of Israel, there is no reason for you to be under those Laws. However, if you are going to worship the God of the Bible, then you have chosen to place yourself under them.
Truth wrote:
We are under the Law of Christ (New Testament).....
No such thing exists.

#10879 Mar 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The law was only temporary, guiding Israel until the time when Christ would come, providing for obedient faith in Him.
In other words, you are saying that God was a liar when He said that the Law was FOR EVER.
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#10880 Mar 21, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>I told you what it meant......clean up your mouth. I thought you were trying to make us believe you were saved? No wonder it is taking you many-many years,lol.
No, you told me what you want it to mean. Ask one of the elders at your church to help you understand this passage. It is very important that you hear the message.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10881 Mar 21, 2013
Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text>No I was dummy
Man, you are too uptight.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ireland same-sex marriage 3 min My name is Nobody 107
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 10 min Chantel 33,189
News Obama to 5-Year-Old Gay Marriage Advocate: 'Cou... 29 min Fa-Foxy 50
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 1 hr tongangodz 3,751
News Phoenix-area pastors consider gay marriage mess... (Oct '14) 1 hr Fire Wall 18
News Republic of Ireland votes for equal marriage 2 hr Fire Wall 81
News Christian faith comes in many flavors 2 hr Fire Wall 4
More from around the web