Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16100 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#10822 Mar 21, 2013
westofdawood wrote:
this is such a funny argument... what will the result of gay marriage be to the world?
SIMPLY GAY PEOPLE ALLOWED TO GET MARRIED!!! Leave it to others to complicate things!
Oh whatever ..........

Marriage is the institution created and defined by God

we will defend that definition from your attempts to pervert / twist

btw: while you've twisted the frame .. why would you care what it looks like .. what the heck .... add two or three to your new definition .. why just stop with one partner ... onlt logical .. right ??

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#10823 Mar 21, 2013
...... only

“It's not a Joke~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10824 Mar 21, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
don't try to down play your messing up. sin is sin. it needs no practice. God does not back you while you are sinning. I open myself to God's will, no other spirit can stake claim on me. God sees your sins even when you do not.
You are really showing your ignorance of the Bible.....Sin is sin. Let me explain it to you. To practice sin is to (repeatedly, willfully do the same sin over and over) Like practicing a homosexual lifestyle,lying, stealing ect.

God backs no one while they sin if you had any Biblical intelligence you would have understood my post. Oh yes a spirit can stake claim on you, all you have to do is open yourself up to it.

“It's not a Joke~”

Location hidden

#10826 Mar 21, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
seems to piss you off that God doesn't love only you... brush up on your scripture... prodigal son ...to start
See this post just goes to show you have indeed opened yourself up to a spirit. You do not even sound like a Christian......You may fool some in here but....not me.

“It's not a Joke~”

Location hidden

#10827 Mar 21, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
got to run....announcing your departure...sounds like Native.
Everyone knows I am not Native, catch up.

“It's not a Joke~”

Location hidden

#10828 Mar 21, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
"Now please do show me just where its written in the bible where God ranks sin according to severity" Errrr.... dodged that one didn't ya?
I will answer this.....Yes there is!

John 19:11
King James Version (KJV)
11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Need another one?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10829 Mar 21, 2013
His-truth wrote:
inorder to become a child of God ... you MUST be born-again .. http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/sermons/43-11
hear is what this concept means
1260 "Since Christ died for all, and since all men are in fact called to one and the same destiny, which is divine, we must hold that the Holy Spirit offers to all the possibility of being made partakers, in a way known to God, of the Paschal mystery."62 Every man who is ignorant of the Gospel of Christ and of his Church, but seeks the truth and does the will of God in accordance with his understanding of it, can be saved. It may be supposed that such persons would have desired Baptism explicitly if they had known its necessity.

Source: Catechism of the Catholic Church

5. All the just of the earth, including those who do not know Christ and his Church, who, under the influence of grace, seek God with a sincere heart (cf. Lumen gentium, n. 16), are thus called to build the kingdom of God by working with the Lord, who is its first and decisive builder. Therefore, we must entrust ourselves to his hands, to his Word, to his guidance, like inexperienced children who find security only in the Father: "Whoever does not accept the kingdom of God like a child", Jesus said, "shall not enter it" (Lk 18: 17). Text of the Wednesday Audience message

Source: JOHN PAUL II, GENERAL AUDIENCE, Wednesday 6 December 2000.

With the Apostle Peter, we confess that "there is salvation in no one else" (Acts 4:12). The Declaration Dominus Iesus, following the lead of the Second Vatican Council, shows us that this confession does not deny salvation to non-Christians, but points to its ultimate source in Christ, in whom man and God are united. God gives light to all in a way which is accommodated to their spiritual and material situation, granting them salvific grace in ways known to himself (Dominus Iesus, VI, nn. 20-21). The Document clarifies essential Christian elements, which do not hinder dialogue but show its bases, because a dialogue without foundations would be destined to degenerate into empty wordiness.

Source: POPE'S WORDS BEFORE THE "ANGELUS", VATICAN CITY, OCT. 1, 2000

Pope John Paul II again said ...

3. The Holy Spirit is not only present in other religions through authentic expressions of prayer.“The Spirit’s presence and activity”, as I wrote in the Encyclical Letter Redemptoris missio,“affect not only individuals but also society and history, peoples, cultures and religions”(n. 28).

Normally,“it will be in the sincere practice of what is good in their own religious traditions and by following the dictates of their own conscience that the members of other religions respond positively to God’s invitation and receive salvation in Jesus Christ, even while they do not recognize or acknowledge him as their Saviour (cf. Ad gentes, nn. 3, 9, 11)”(Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue – Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, Instruction Dialogue and Proclamation, 19 May 1991, n. 29; L’Osservatore Romano English edition, 1 July 1991, p. III).

Source: Pope John Paul II, General Audience, Wednesday 9 September 1998

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#10830 Mar 21, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>See this post just goes to show you have indeed opened yourself up to a spirit. You do not even sound like a Christian......You may fool some in here but....not me.
Laci,
Most churches do not have appointed 'devil seers' among their congregation as your church seems to have.

Why?

Because most churches/congregations know better.
You might claim that you can 'see devils' in others, but that is your own ignorance.
We just know better.

“It's not a Joke~”

Location hidden

#10831 Mar 21, 2013
His-truth wrote:
God has a relationship with all his children
Harlot doctrine .. and God is undefined
Agree.

“It's not a Joke~”

Location hidden

#10832 Mar 21, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Laci,
Most churches do not have appointed 'devil seers' among their congregation as your church seems to have.
Why?
Because most churches/congregations know better.
You might claim that you can 'see devils' in others, but that is your own ignorance.
We just know better.
Gezzzzzzzzz Nettie, I don't know what you look like so I can't actually see the devil in you......I do read what he is typing though.

“It's not a Joke~”

Location hidden

#10833 Mar 21, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>1260 "Since Christ died for all, and since all men are in fact called to one and the same destiny, which is divine, we must hold that the Holy Spirit offers to all the possibility of being made partakers, in a way known to God, of the Paschal mystery."62 Every man who is ignorant of the Gospel of Christ and of his Church, but seeks the truth and does the will of God in accordance with his understanding of it, can be saved. It may be supposed that such persons would have desired Baptism explicitly if they had known its necessity.
Source: Catechism of the Catholic Church
5. All the just of the earth, including those who do not know Christ and his Church, who, under the influence of grace, seek God with a sincere heart (cf. Lumen gentium, n. 16), are thus called to build the kingdom of God by working with the Lord, who is its first and decisive builder. Therefore, we must entrust ourselves to his hands, to his Word, to his guidance, like inexperienced children who find security only in the Father: "Whoever does not accept the kingdom of God like a child", Jesus said, "shall not enter it" (Lk 18: 17). Text of the Wednesday Audience message
Source: JOHN PAUL II, GENERAL AUDIENCE, Wednesday 6 December 2000.
With the Apostle Peter, we confess that "there is salvation in no one else" (Acts 4:12). The Declaration Dominus Iesus, following the lead of the Second Vatican Council, shows us that this confession does not deny salvation to non-Christians, but points to its ultimate source in Christ, in whom man and God are united. God gives light to all in a way which is accommodated to their spiritual and material situation, granting them salvific grace in ways known to himself (Dominus Iesus, VI, nn. 20-21). The Document clarifies essential Christian elements, which do not hinder dialogue but show its bases, because a dialogue without foundations would be destined to degenerate into empty wordiness.
Source: POPE'S WORDS BEFORE THE "ANGELUS", VATICAN CITY, OCT. 1, 2000
Pope John Paul II again said ...
3. The Holy Spirit is not only present in other religions through authentic expressions of prayer.“The Spirit’s presence and activity”, as I wrote in the Encyclical Letter Redemptoris missio,“affect not only individuals but also society and history, peoples, cultures and religions”(n. 28).
Normally,“it will be in the sincere practice of what is good in their own religious traditions and by following the dictates of their own conscience that the members of other religions respond positively to God’s invitation and receive salvation in Jesus Christ, even while they do not recognize or acknowledge him as their Saviour (cf. Ad gentes, nn. 3, 9, 11)”(Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue – Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, Instruction Dialogue and Proclamation, 19 May 1991, n. 29; L’Osservatore Romano English edition, 1 July 1991, p. III).
Source: Pope John Paul II, General Audience, Wednesday 9 September 1998
*Pope this* and *Pope that* give it a rest.....if you ever lose the ability to cope and paste, you'll be out of here won't you? LOL!

“It's not a Joke~”

Location hidden

#10834 Mar 21, 2013
copy*

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#10835 Mar 21, 2013
uM, NOTE TO Nettiebelle:

There is no such thing as Biblical Popes or Priests .. the priesthood went by by w/ the Old Cvennant ... http://bobgeorge.net/teaching/closer-look/new... ... and the RCC is a possible candidate for the end-time One world religion led by the false prophet .. Rev 17

quit being sucked by the Harlot

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#10837 Mar 21, 2013
all sins forgiven ... no need for sacrifice .. the shadow is past .. the reality is present .. http://bobgeorge.net/nc/entering-gods-rest/ .. and no .. not in your wafer ... Jeezits ??.. get your own box

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#10838 Mar 21, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Gezzzzzzzzz Nettie, I don't know what you look like so I can't actually see the devil in you......I do read what he is typing though.
Get over yourself.
You can't 'see' devils on anyone's words or physical appearance.

Are you trying to pass yourself off as a sorcerer?

Do you happen to have any spare bats eyeballs? I am all out.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#10839 Mar 21, 2013
His-truth wrote:
uM, NOTE TO Nettiebelle:
There is no such thing as Biblical Popes or Priests .. the priesthood went by by w/ the Old Cvennant ... http://bobgeorge.net/teaching/closer-look/new... ... and the RCC is a possible candidate for the end-time One world religion led by the false prophet .. Rev 17
quit being sucked by the Harlot
You are wrong on both counts.
Third strike, and you'll be out.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#10840 Mar 21, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>*Pope this* and *Pope that* give it a rest.....if you ever lose the ability to cope and paste, you'll be out of here won't you? LOL!
Laci, I would take the words of Pope John Paul over yours anytime.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10841 Mar 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
No LEGITIMATE translation of any verse of the Bible calls homosexuality a sin.
1 Samuel 18:1 And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.
Traditional Jewish marriage can be contracted in any one of three ways: exchanging an oath, exchanging gifts, or having sex. David and Johnathan perform all three in 1 Samuel.
1 Samuel 18:3 Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.
18:4 And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
20:16 So Jonathan made a covenant with the house of David, saying, Let the LORD even require it at the hand of David's enemies.
20:17 And Jonathan caused David to swear again, because he loved him: for he loved him as he loved his own soul.
20:41 And as soon as the lad was gone, David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David exceeded.
"Exceeded" was/is used as a slang term for orgasm...
exceeded.....

to grow, become great or important, promote, make powerful, praise, magnify, do great things

to grow up

to become great

to be magnified

to cause to grow

to make great, powerful

to magnify

to be brought up

to make great

to magnify

to do great things

to magnify oneself

Do you even understand how GREAT of a person David turned out to be???

1 Samuel 20:41

41 After the boy had gone, David got up from the south side of the stone and bowed down before Jonathan three times, with his face to the ground. Then they kissed each other and wept together—but David wept the most.

Again, there was NO marriage between Jonathan and David....

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10842 Mar 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You make some good points, Tony....
I fall short, too....just like you do.....
But, if you are committing the same sin every day, how can you not be separated from God???
Is crucifying the flesh an easy task?
No.
In order for us to subordinate our own will to that of God, there must be a kind of suffering and self-denial.
There is a cross to bear daily.
The body must be kept under/brought into subjection.
.....but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.
Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.(spiritual death from sin)
First, I am not committing the same sin every day. Being gay is not a sin. And I certainly don't have sex every day, I'm married.

However, you appear to be committing the same few sins every day just in what you are posting here.

But the rest of your presumptuous post is really offensive.

I guess you need the more detailed version of my truth.

You sit here and make condescending statements as if I don't already know these things:

"there must be a kind of suffering and self-denial.
There is a cross to bear daily.
The body must be kept under/brought into subjection."

Really? Do you even read my posts? Here is my living example of all those things:

I realized I had homosexual feelings when I was 12. I never acted on them.

Here is my suffering and self-denial, and remember in doing all this I was an innocent child:

I prayed every single day. No matter what else was important in my life, I prayed every day, as a child, for God to not do this to me. I prayed for Him to change me. I asked what I did wrong to make this happen. I begged, I cried. I was terrified. I prayed as if my soul depended on it, because I thought it did. Again, I was a child. I should have been enjoying being a child instead of putting myself through this torture because of things people like you say so carelessly.

During this time I discovered masturbation (in my sleep, the first time, as I woke up.) When I realized what that was all about, I thought I could make myself straight if I forced myself to think of women while doing it. That little experiment went on far too long. Then I heard a man on TV say you could start off thinking of a man, and then look at a picture of a naked woman at the last minute, and that would work. Tried that. No good.

All the while - still praying, crying, etc.

So now I'm in high school, kind of small and skinny, didn't exactly have girls beating down my door. Still, I was friends with them, and thought I would just marry one of my friends and nobody would ever know how I felt. I hid behind religion, claiming I wouldn't sleep with a woman until I got married to justify why I was a virgin. You can't imagine the stress, pressure, and unhappiness.

In my senior year, I started to date girls. I'd kiss them, but that was it, again hiding behind my religion, while they cheated on me because they wanted to have sex.

All this time, still praying, still holding out hope, still burying my real self, still wanting to not be gay. But who was I to put a time clock on God? I thought I just had to hold out until He did His magic trick.

(continued in next post)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10843 Mar 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The sacrifice was part of the ETERNAL Covenant.
No man can atone for the sins of another. Human sacrifice is an abomination and cannot atone for ANY sins.
Once the REAL Messiah (aka "Christ") comes, there will be no reason for sin sacrifices; Jeremiah claims that the whole of the Law will be written upon the hearts of men so that they know and can follow the Law perfectly without study.
We are NOT under the Law of Moses (Old Testament)....

We are under the Law of Christ (New Testament).....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 hr No Surprise 5,417
News The Orchard seeks withdrawal from UMC 3 hr Rod Knox 24
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) 20 hr jody70 276
News Ben Carson Warns Gay Couples Against Pushing Ba... (Jan '15) Mon Monsantos Mexico 78
News Hawaii Republican resigns from party after crit... Mon American_Infidel 8
News Lacusong: What is your religion's ultimate goal? Sun True Christian wi... 3
News Canada protestor tears Quran to protest prefere... Mar 26 just Jay _ for fr... 1
More from around the web