Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
9,481 - 9,500 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#10648 Mar 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Gospel = good news....
News about what???
Jesus Christ and His death, burial and resurrection.....
We are COMMANDED to bring the gospel to the whole world....
That "command" is NOT found anywhere in the Torah, therefore it is nothing more than a suggestion, at best.

#10649 Mar 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If only people could understand this scripture:
2 Thessalonians 1:8
8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
But how can you trust the word of someone who chose to sign the name of Paul to his own works, thus starting out with a lie?

#10650 Mar 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm.....
Didn't Jesus have the authority on earth to forgive sins???
NO man can atone for another. All must atone for their own sins.

#10651 Mar 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
Their day of grace will end with the day of the Lord.
No one is under grace and the Law of Christ unless they are 'in Christ Jesus.'
A person is either 'outside of Christ' or 'in Christ.'
This is why we are to bring the gospel of the good news to them....and just like you said....they reject it....
Why do YOU reject that Rev. Sun Young Moon was the most recent incarnation of Jesus?

#10652 Mar 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony....
Sin cannot enter heaven....
You will not have a spiritual journey if you are still in sin....
You cannot continue in sin and expect to get to heaven or have a spiritual journey.....
Think about it....God HATES sin that is why Jesus came to earth to be sacrificed!!!
Lucky for Tony, there is NOT ONE verse in the Bible that LEGITIMATELY translates as a condemnation of homosexuality. In fact, the Bible CELEBRATES the marriage of David and Johnathan.

#10653 Mar 20, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe that Jesus was a practicing Jew?
He surely quoted from the Torah many times.
And, when you answer, remember the words of Jesus here:
Matthew 5:17
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
Do you believe that Jesus, during His lifetime, observed the Law?
Don't take that out of context. When Jesus said that he was "fulfilling" the Law, he was referring to his MANDATORY appearance at the Temple as part of the celebration of the Feast of Passover. Had he not been executed by the Romans, he would have had to show up again the very next year, to fulfill the Law, and the year after that, and the year after that, etc, etc, etc...

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10654 Mar 20, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't take that out of context. When Jesus said that he was "fulfilling" the Law, he was referring to his MANDATORY appearance at the Temple as part of the celebration of the Feast of Passover. Had he not been executed by the Romans, he would have had to show up again the very next year, to fulfill the Law, and the year after that, and the year after that, etc, etc, etc...
Thank you, Liam!

Perhaps I did take that out of context.

It seems that I will not get a reply from the poster, Laci, on that question to her concerning this one.

I wanted to express to her what I have learned which is that:

The Torah stipulates 32 times that one shall not oppress the "stranger" that dwells among you. To deny any person, or group of persons, their civil rights was definitely a form of oppressive behavior.
http://home.earthlink.net/~ecorebbe/id18.html

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#10655 Mar 20, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is genocide worse than homosexuality? Well, of course not. Your God condones and commands genocides.
Is slavery worse than homosexuality? Well, of course not. Your God condones and commands slavery.
Is human sacrifice worse than homosexuality? Well, of course not. Your God condones and accepts human sacrifice in exchange for favors.
Is infanticide worse than homosexuality? Well, of course not. Your God condones and commands infanticide.
Is murder worse than homosexuality? Well, of course not. Your God condones and commands murder.
Is rape worse than homosexuality? Well, of course not. Your God punishes rapists by letting them purchase their victims and marry them.
Hm...that whole "ultimate moral authority" thing doesn't seem to hold water.
How's that legally valid justification for prohibiting same-sex marriage coming along?
Sovereignty.

“"God is Good"”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10656 Mar 20, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, Liam!
It seems that I will not get a reply from the poster, Laci, on that question to her concerning this one.
The Torah stipulates 32 times that one shall not oppress the "stranger" that dwells among you. To deny any person, or group of persons, their civil rights was definitely a form of oppressive behavior.
No....you were just trying to defend the murdering of babies. You want to express a lot...... most of it not worth reading. You know how I feel about this. I am pro-life and you are pro-choice. Guess what? Jesus is pro-life as well.

#10657 Mar 20, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, Liam!
Oh, you were focusing on the part that says that Jesus had no intention of changing any of the laws, I just wanted to emphasize the second part of the statement.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#10658 Mar 20, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>No....you were just trying to defend the murdering of babies. You want to express a lot...... most of it not worth reading. You know how I feel about this. I am pro-life and you are pro-choice. Guess what? Jesus is pro-life as well.
I am speaking of numerous civil rights, Laci.
Not just about abortion, which I was not speaking of anyways.

When you learn that you, I, no one, can impose their religious beliefs onto others, you will be a much better person for it.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#10659 Mar 20, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you were focusing on the part that says that Jesus had no intention of changing any of the laws, I just wanted to emphasize the second part of the statement.
Yes, I was.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10661 Mar 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony....
I am not trying to put you down.....
I am just trying to get you to understand God's view on being gay....
Yes, you have a choice....God gives you free will and I am not trying to take away your free will....
Whether you accept/reject, it is a sin....
God's justice would not allow Him to punish someone for an act over which they have no control.
Deuteronomy 32:4
4 He is the Rock, His works are perfect,
and all His ways are just.
A faithful God who does no wrong,
upright and just is He.
Tony....just read it to yourself slowly:
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men
10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Now, look at this scripture:
1 Corinthians 6:11
11 And *[that is what some of you were.]*~~~But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.~~~
***this is what some of you were.
*~~Free from that bondage of sin....BUT, you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of who???
***name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God....
Not only does one choose his/her lifestyle, but he/she can also choose to abandon a life that is out of harmony with the Gospel.
That is what the Corinthians did.
Natural vs. Unnatural
Do you really think you can post something I haven't read at least 10 times already?

You're wrong, on more than one level. Just the tone of your posts is wrong. The arrogance in speaking for God is wrong. The assumption that you know God's Word or wish is wrong.

I understand life is easier for you if you choose to believe the bible of your choosing is the intact, inerrant, 100% accurate Word of God. It isn't.

God could have chosen to protect the bible intact, and He didn't. You have to ask yourself why.

I was never lost. I was never a druggie. I didn't have to hit bottom to come to God. I was always a good kid. I always felt close to God. And I learned gradually to trust Him for everything. Faith is its own reward.

The notion that I wanted to or chose to be gay is beyond impossible.

Some of the regulars here are probably sick of hearing my story, but at that age, 12 years old, totally innocent, smart, never in trouble, naïve kid - I prayed for God to break my legs instead of making me gay - if He had to give me some kind of challenge, I wanted an easier one.

I have lived a prayerful life since I was a child - to the point it's unusual. How many little kids voluntarily read the bible from cover to cover, and refuse to allow themselves to read anything else until they finish?(Lord, "Numbers" is tedious.)

I have prayed for many things. In some way or another, the thing was always addressed somehow - maybe not the way I expected, but I felt they were "answered."

Yet I prayed for the next 12 years - from age 12 to 24 - for God to spare me this. I was more serious than you will ever be about anything in your life. During that time, I had no relationship with men of any kind. I lived in total denial. So it was not like I was trying to stop a behavior or habit. Whether or not I ever acted on it, I was gay. I always will be gay.

While I was, again, never "lost" or separate from God, those years were my furthest from Him in one respect: fighting Him about the way He made me was a deficiency in my faith.

And it's a deficiency in yours.

I am the authority on this subject between you and me. You are just guessing.

#10662 Mar 20, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>No....you were just trying to defend the murdering of babies. You want to express a lot...... most of it not worth reading. You know how I feel about this. I am pro-life and you are pro-choice. Guess what? Jesus is pro-life as well.
Naw, while he was alive, Jesus was a believer in doing things by the Bible, so he would have had no problem with abortion.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10663 Mar 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't one of Jesus’ prayers was that his followers would not be a part of the world???
Absolutely. And I am someone who has always been conscious of that, who was never a "follower" or a materialistic person.

Christmas is of the world, not of God. I bet you celebrate that, don't you? Do you want to be "of the world" or of God?

And hatred and discrimination are of the world, and you have to be deceived to believe Jesus would want you to be that way.

I am very much separate from "the world" as much as is reasonable. I fall short in that I don't give away everything and live in poverty. But I live very simply and modestly - and that is intentional.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#10664 Mar 20, 2013
Sidebar:

"Tony C", not everyone was called to be a mendicant. That's only for a very special job.

I doubt that you're falling short in much of anything at all.

Keep leading from your heart, and keep it real.

“"God is Good"”

Location hidden

#10665 Mar 20, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, while he was alive, Jesus was a believer in doing things by the Bible, so he would have had no problem with abortion.
It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7): "Be not deceived; God
is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Here are some men and women who mocked God:

JOHN LENNON: Some years before, during his interview with an
American Magazine, he said: "Christianity will end, it will
disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus
was ok, but his subjects were too simple, Today we are more famous than Him" (1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more
famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

“"God is Good"”

Location hidden

#10666 Mar 20, 2013
TANCREDO NEVES (President of Brazil): During the Presidential
campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even
God would remove him from Presidency. Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died.

“"God is Good"”

Location hidden

#10667 Mar 20, 2013
CAZUZA (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet): During a
show in Caneca¯( Rio de Janeiro ), whilist smoking his cigarette,
he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: "God, that's for
you." He died at the age of 32 of AIDS in a horrible manner.

“"God is Good"”

Location hidden

#10668 Mar 20, 2013
Still want to mock God? Please continue reading.....

THE MAN WHO BUILT TITANIC: After the construction of Titanic, a
reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic
tone he said: "Not even God can sink it" The result: I think you
all know what happened to the Titanic.

MARILYN MONROE: She was visited by Billy Graham during a
presentation of a show. He said the Spirit of God had sent him to
preach to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she
said: "I don't need your Jesus". A week later, she was found dead in her
apartment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Refusal to sell wedding gowns to lesbian couple... 12 min lides 153
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 24 min KiMare 49,491
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 26 min lides 24,885
3 states, plaintiffs want Supreme Court to hear... 6 hr Fa-Foxy 7
In the shade: Shade Redondo under construction ... 12 hr Veronica 2
Together 48 years, couple fights NC marriage ban 16 hr may 5
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 17 hr Wondering Why 31,195
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••