Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10609 Mar 20, 2013
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. I've been saying for ages now that people are born gay just as many other genetically predisposed situations and functions. It's quite obvious in many. Age 12 is rather old to have discovered that. I've seen it in some before they even went to kindergarten. I already had crushes on guys in preschool, so I was quite aware that I was born with that desire.
None of us know the mind of God and why He does what He does with life in this world. We do know that the wages of sin is death, and we are all sinners.
>^o^<
I think in retrospect I knew it before I was 12, but it didn't become part of my active consciousness until I was 12...the realization..."I think I'm gay" and what to do with that. It had no name until then. It did not become a problem to be solved until then.

And yes I was a late bloomer.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10610 Mar 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Gullible....no....
Knowledge of what is inspired by God....YES!
No, you just believe whatever you were told. That's gullible.

We do not have God's complete and accurate Word on this Earth.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10611 Mar 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I have for many, many years....
You absolutely do not. I understand you think you do, but it's pretty obvious to someone who is much further along on my spiritual journey.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10612 Mar 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the Great Commission???
It's not an answer to my post, that's for certain.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10613 Mar 20, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's why this offends me:
I am already there. And I am gay. And I've put much more thought, study, and prayer into both of those sentences than you ever will.
I never wanted to be gay, I had zero gay influences, I was terrified when I first realized it at age 12, and I would have done *anything* at that age to not have to face that reality. If it were at all possible to avoid being gay, I would have done that.
That is how I know it was not a choice, not an environmental factor, not a punishment, etc. It's the way God made me. And He has a reason for everything. It is not for me to question His reason, it is for me to trust Him. THAT is genuine faith. THAT, unfortunately, is something you don't understand.
Tony....

I am not trying to put you down.....

I am just trying to get you to understand God's view on being gay....

Yes, you have a choice....God gives you free will and I am not trying to take away your free will....

Whether you accept/reject, it is a sin....

God's justice would not allow Him to punish someone for an act over which they have no control.

Deuteronomy 32:4

4 He is the Rock, His works are perfect,
and all His ways are just.
A faithful God who does no wrong,
upright and just is He.

Tony....just read it to yourself slowly:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Now, look at this scripture:

1 Corinthians 6:11

11 And *[that is what some of you were.]*~~~But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.~~~

***this is what some of you were.

*~~Free from that bondage of sin....BUT, you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of who???

***name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God....

Not only does one choose his/her lifestyle, but he/she can also choose to abandon a life that is out of harmony with the Gospel.

That is what the Corinthians did.

Natural vs. Unnatural
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10614 Mar 20, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you are conforming to the world by following the false church.
Wasn't one of Jesusí prayers was that his followers would not be a part of the world???

James 4:4

4 You adulterous people, donít you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

Tony....you don't want to become an enemy of God, do you???

“Watching for Wolves~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10615 Mar 20, 2013
Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text>Which god?
The only God that matters....the God of Heaven.
He is the only one who has the power to change the impossible to the possible.

Great is His power in Heaven and earth.....The one who sent His Son to die in your place so that you could have a life of hope and full of His grace.........and more importantly, an eternal home in His presence.

“Watching for Wolves~”

Location hidden

#10616 Mar 20, 2013
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. I've been saying for ages now that people are born gay just as many other genetically predisposed situations and functions. It's quite obvious in many. Age 12 is rather old to have discovered that. I've seen it in some before they even went to kindergarten. I already had crushes on guys in preschool, so I was quite aware that I was born with that desire.
None of us know the mind of God and why He does what He does with life in this world. We do know that the wages of sin is death, and we are all sinners.
>^o^<
May I ask when you changed you view on this? I remember when you were totally against it.....or I thought so. So you think you can go to Heaven practicing this lifestyle?

“Watching for Wolves~”

Location hidden

#10617 Mar 20, 2013
your

“Watching for Wolves~”

Location hidden

#10618 Mar 20, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You absolutely do not. I understand you think you do, but it's pretty obvious to someone who is much further along on my spiritual journey.
Tony there are ppl who have turned to God with all their hearts and asked God to help them and He has........If you really look back to your past there would be some kind of factor that influenced.....this spirit to attack you. It is a spirit Tony and there is deliverance from it. God is faithful to us when we seek Him with our hearts. When we are willing to deny what we want to do and seek His will for our lives....His will for you is a good one.

We live in a day that you won't find many Christians that will be so bold to call this sin but, it is. The popular thing is to embrace it and agree with same sex marriage and a gay lifestyle. However, it is not a wise thing to do and God's ppl know this. It is much easier to talk about God loving gays( He does) and that He made them that way. It is a grave insult to God and any Christian that proclaims that deadly lie. They are lying of the Righteous God of Heaven.

DNF

“Judge more and you love less”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH-Baltimore MD-S.Fla

#10619 Mar 20, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
BTW,
TRUE salvation always brings forth good fruit. Hence the new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).
Grace is grace, something that is only achieved through the sinless shed BLOOD of Christ Jesus. If works could save a person then Jesus wouldn't of had to leave Heaven, to die on the cross and rise from the dead to make atonement for our sins.
Romans 11:6- And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tum blr_lp8f109F0x1qzwk41o1_500.gi f

“Watching for Wolves~”

Location hidden

#10620 Mar 20, 2013
You can have your victory when you reach out to God and take His hand......give up your will and embrace His.. He can make your life shine with His glory.

For you.......I really feel like God told me to send this to you.

“Watching for Wolves~”

Location hidden

#10621 Mar 20, 2013
Above post to Tony.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10622 Mar 20, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just your puny human mind failing to understand the big picture and projecting that into what you assume God thinks/wants.
Gay people are no more "unnatural" then left-handed people, or than red-haired people, or than people who will never walk.
These are statistical minorities, which may seem to exist for no reason. However, they are in no way harmful to society, although they have been equally misunderstood and mistreated by the majority - this is when the majority has failed God's tests in treating everyone well.
You are part of that grand failure.
However, and I say this in all seriousness, you can still repent, pray, ask God's forgiveness, and better yourself.
Tony...

Natural vs. Unnatural....

Romans 1:26-27

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. <<<Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.>>>

27 <<<In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another.>>> Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Isaiah 3:9

9 The look on their faces testifies against them;
they parade their sin like Sodom;
they do not hide it.
~~~~~Woe to them!
They have brought disaster upon themselves.~~~~~

It can also be called 'Going After Strange Flesh'

strange flesh--departing from the course of nature, and going after that which is unnatural.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10623 Mar 20, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony....

Sin cannot enter heaven....

You will not have a spiritual journey if you are still in sin....

You cannot continue in sin and expect to get to heaven or have a spiritual journey.....

Think about it....God HATES sin that is why Jesus came to earth to be sacrificed!!!

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#10624 Mar 20, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not.
2 Corinthians 4:3 (NKJV)
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
"The Word of Paul."

Dismissed.

NEXT
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10625 Mar 20, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an answer to my post, that's for certain.
It would be an answer if you study what it means....

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10626 Mar 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
So did Jesus have anything to say about whether belief in him is sufficient for winning salvation?
Belief/Faith is necessary and a command....
But, is that all there is to being saved???
What are we being saved from???
What are the other COMMANDS of Jesus in the New Testament???
BTW, I am not speaking of the 10 commandments.....
'Truth':

I need no religious instruction from you.

Have a nice life.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10627 Mar 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
We are the creation of God.....
Homosexuality takes what God created as natural and turning it in to unnatural.......
Jesus never shifted His focus from His message of Godís good news that people could be forgiven of their sins and eternally right with Him.
Jesus never said anything about homosexuality or same-sex marriage.
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#10628 Mar 20, 2013
Your made me think of this: http://www.smellyourmum.com/images/jesusdied....
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Jesus come to this earth???
To seek and save the LOST.....
Lost in sin....held to the bondage of sin....
Just as Jesus came to seek and save the lost...
We are not seeking the saved.
We are seeking the lost.
Didn't Jesus die for us while we were still sinners???
If Jesus would die for us while we were still sinners, the least we can do is carry the gospel message to others while they are still sinners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 17 min Matt9969 159
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 28 min KiMare 26,603
Alaska's 1st known gay marriage in Arctic town 1 hr Cletus 18
Zen Buddhist Temple in Japan Offers Symbolic Sa... 3 hr Switches 30
Will the Supreme Court End Gay Marriage as an E... 7 hr WasteWater 434
Elvis Presley's sex secrets exposed 10 hr Toby Scald 6
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 12 hr Broken Record 31,499
More from around the web