Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,105

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10421 Mar 19, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
BTW,
TRUE salvation always brings forth good fruit. Hence the new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).
Grace is grace, something that is only achieved through the sinless shed BLOOD of Christ Jesus. If works could save a person then Jesus wouldn't of had to leave Heaven, to die on the cross and rise from the dead to make atonement for our sins.
Romans 11:6- And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
You are forgetting the COMMANDS of Jesus in the New Testament.....

And,

The works of God......
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10422 Mar 19, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Trolling me because I exposed a fake Christian troll in an earlier post? Is that troll a "friend" of yours, lol?
You don't understand what it means to be IN Christ Jesus? You don't understand what it means to be saved?
Where are we coming from here? What is the closest denomination that resembles your "Christian" faith?
I just asked a question in which you haven't replied....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10423 Mar 19, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, go with that assumption, that the God of the Bible did not lie when He gave the Laws to Moses. Does that include the numerous verses that say that the Laws are to be followed without any change for ever? I would argue that yes, all of those verses are included.
But christianity comes along, and almost immediately Paul starts telling people that it is just fine to ignore all of those Laws that were supposed to be for ever.
So, there are only two possibilities: God lied when He said that the Laws are for ever, or Paul lied when he said that people can ignore the Laws. Okay, perhaps Paul didn't "lie" per se, maybe he was just horribly confused and seriously wrong.
The Old Covenant between God and Israel was dedicated with the blood of sacrificed animals.

As a result of this covenant, God delivered Israel from bondage in Egypt and when Israel became a nation God gave them the Law as part of the covenant.

Now, think about it:

Could the blood of animals save anyone from their sins???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10424 Mar 19, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I already addressed this claim just seven posts above this, still on the same page...
<quoted text>
The New Testament is a new covenant, a new agreement, and a new promise ratified, enacted and sealed in the blood of Jesus Christ.

Without shedding His blood, there was no possible way Jesus could have established a new covenant between God and man.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#10425 Mar 19, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have I lied or bear false witness? You guys are trolling me from every angle, yet I'm almost always polite and courteous.
You bear false witness against myself and others every time you accuse of worshiping Satan.....when in reality that's a LIE!!!

I am not required by the 1st Amendment to believe as you do and therefore I am entitled to my own religious beliefs separate from what you choose to believe......yet, you can't grasp that concept!!!

Oh and by the way, I have't posted in quite a few days in this thread and especially not to anything you post, yet you still have to inject that you are being trolled......and you're not.......as for being polite or courteous..........that's funny as hell!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#10426 Mar 19, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
James 5:20- Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
You're scriptures ONLY apply to those who believe as you do......they DON'T apply to those who believe differently......so, yes, you are bearing false witness against myself and others......God, nor Jesus has EVER stated that you have the RIGHT to force or judge others based on your beliefs alone!!!

“The Final Sacrifice”

Since: Feb 13

Be Blessed

#10427 Mar 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Old Covenant between God and Israel was dedicated with the blood of sacrificed animals.
As a result of this covenant, God delivered Israel from bondage in Egypt and when Israel became a nation God gave them the Law as part of the covenant.
Now, think about it:
Could the blood of animals save anyone from their sins???
It was temporal. Kept them alive day by day. Otherwise they were burned in their tracks. Had nothing to do with salvation or eternal life. It was only a sacrifice to remain alive in this body and world. It was symbolic of what was to come with the sacrifice of the Lamb, the last one. His sacrifice is permanent for those that believe on Him.

Heb. 9:

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Heb. 10:

18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#10428 Mar 19, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor little ignorant hick.
If you are so intelligent why do you HAVE to call names? Answer: Satan has blinded your mind.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (NKJV)
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

Location hidden

#10429 Mar 19, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You silly Buybull verses have NOTHING to do with our laws.
The Bible will have LOTS to do with Judgment Day when you stand before God.

Revelation 20:12-15 (NKJV)
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Location hidden

#10430 Mar 19, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, yeah, yeah..... the end is near. It's been near for 2,000yrs now. You HAVE no proof, absolute or otherwise.
Israel was reborn in 1948. God has warned us. This is the LAST generation in history.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10431 Mar 19, 2013
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
It was temporal. Kept them alive day by day. Otherwise they were burned in their tracks. Had nothing to do with salvation or eternal life. It was only a sacrifice to remain alive in this body and world. It was symbolic of what was to come with the sacrifice of the Lamb, the last one. His sacrifice is permanent for those that believe on Him.
Heb. 9:
12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
Heb. 10:
18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Now, go down to this scripture:

Hebrews 9:15

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Christ is the mediator of a new covenant.....blood of Jesus Christ.....

those who are called.....we are called by the gospel of Jesus Christ.....New Covenant...

<may> receive the promised eternal inheritance......

he (Jesus) died as a ransom to set them FREE (bondage of sin) from the sins committed under the FIRST COVENANT (Old Testament).....

WITHOUT THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD....there is NO forgiveness of sins...

Location hidden

#10432 Mar 19, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
There's NO proof that it ever happened, you simp.
The Flood is recorded in the Bible several times.

Hebrews 11:7 (NKJV)
7 By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.

Location hidden

#10434 Mar 19, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
TRY to read it in context, that passage is taking about the God of the Bible, not Jesus...
It is clearly referring to Jesus.

"my God"

John 20:28 (NKJV)
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

He is God.

John 1 "The Word was God" "The Word became flesh ..."

Location hidden

#10435 Mar 19, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The NT is not reliable enough to confirm that feces possesses an unpleasant odor. The PROPER translation of the Hebrew word often given as "fear" would indeed be more like "awe" in English.
The NT is in Greek, not Hebrew.

Location hidden

#10436 Mar 19, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just a myth, an allegory given as a warning. Noah's flood never really happened.
Should we believe you or Jesus?

Matthew 24:38-39 (NKJV)
38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#10437 Mar 19, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You bear false witness against myself and others every time you accuse of worshiping Satan.....when in reality that's a LIE!!!

I am not required by the 1st Amendment to believe as you do and therefore I am entitled to my own religious beliefs separate from what you choose to believe......yet, you can't grasp that concept!!!

Oh and by the way, I have't posted in quite a few days in this thread and especially not to anything you post, yet you still have to inject that you are being trolled......and you're not.......as for being polite or courteous..........that's funny as hell!!!
Yes, a person is either serving Jesus Christ or Satan. If you reject Jesus, then you are a Satanist whether you know it or not.

Every person has the right to reject Jesus and send themselves to Hell. God gave us all free will.

I wasn't accusing you of trolling me, I was just stating that I'm being trolled from every angle possible. But I play along for the lurkers.

Location hidden

#10438 Mar 19, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? You call the God of the Bible a liar all the time.
Satanic lies.

John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#10439 Mar 19, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You're scriptures ONLY apply to those who believe as you do......they DON'T apply to those who believe differently......so, yes, you are bearing false witness against myself and others......God, nor Jesus has EVER stated that you have the RIGHT to force or judge others based on your beliefs alone!!!
The Word of God applies to EVERY single human being. If you reject such a great salvation that is only in Christ Jesus, then you send yourself to Hell.

Location hidden

#10440 Mar 19, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, back to the false prophecies of Jesus again...
What do you have to offer? NOTHING! You're gonna die and lose all you love forever.

Location hidden

#10441 Mar 19, 2013
Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>hey 5o cent ... no one cares about your 2000 year old comic book
You do obviously.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Church boots AA group over gay weddings 4 min Wondering 44
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 34 min KiMare 50,064
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 1 hr James 98
German Ethics Council Insists Sex Between Broth... 3 hr tell me 6
What if high court rejects gay marriage cases? 4 hr WasteWater 10
Divorce Law Out Of Synch With Same-Sex Marriage 6 hr Fundies R Mentall... 41
Today's News: Our Take - Melody Thomas Scott Di... (Apr '13) 13 hr dmw 50

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE