Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
9,261 - 9,280 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there is but One. The offering of Christ Jesus on the cross at Calvary was the last sacrifice.
Except for the pesky fact that Ezekiel says that when the REAL Messiah comes, there WILL be sacrifices again in the Temple.
Enos

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
When I got saved I came to Jesus with a truly repentant heart and asked for forgiveness and for Him to wash me in His BLOOD and save me! I was then filled/sealed with the Holy Spirit (Eph 4:30, Eph 1:13-14).
If a person doesn't understand how powerful the salvation experience is, then they were probably never saved to begin with.
SALVATION cannot be earned! That's just blaspheming the BLOOD of Christ! That's a lie from Satan, that a person has to earn their salvation through good works. That's what the RCC, JW, Mormons, SDA, and other cults teach.
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Titus 3:5- Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tell us of your own beliefs. Don't LIE about what others believe and call them hateful names.

I know of no Church claiming to be Christian that thinks salvation can be earned. Likewise, your attitude is un-Scriptural. Salvation cannot be earned, but it must be actively accepts. True repentance (sorry for sins and leaving them) must be a part. The NT is peppered with passages about repentance.

James 2

Faith and Deeds

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them,“Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say,“You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says,“Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”[e] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.
Enos

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
A person can't earn their salvation. When a person TRULY gets saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus they become a NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST.
2 Corinthians 5:17-Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
That apparently didn't happen to you, since you lie about what others believe and call them unkind names.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolute proof is coming very soon. But you won't like it. This is the terminal generation.
"the flood came and destroyed them all"
Luke 17:26-27 (NKJV)
26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.
Ah, back to the false prophecies of Jesus again...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
When I got saved I came to Jesus with a truly repentant heart and asked for forgiveness and for Him to wash me in His BLOOD and save me! I was then filled/sealed with the Holy Spirit (Eph 4:30, Eph 1:13-14).
If a person doesn't understand how powerful the salvation experience is, then they were probably never saved to begin with.
SALVATION cannot be earned! That's just blaspheming the BLOOD of Christ! That's a lie from Satan, that a person has to earn their salvation through good works. That's what the RCC, JW, Mormons, SDA, and other cults teach.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Titus 3:5- Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Actually, it is the Bible that says that salvation comes ONLY from following the Laws. There is no other method of salvation. The abomination of worshiping the false god Jesus won't do anything for you.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Enos wrote:
<quoted text>That apparently didn't happen to you, since you lie about what others believe and call them unkind names.
I wasn't calling that poster "TRUTH" unsaved or any names. Go back and reread my post in context. I was just stating that salvation cannot be earned. This is what the Word of God teaches. But some cults teach that salvation has to be earned, this is unscriptural and a lie from the Devil.

YOU are the one lying about me, although I believe you just took my post the wrong way. Learn to actually read the post before you attack a child of God. I forgive you though.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is the Bible that says that salvation comes ONLY from following the Laws. There is no other method of salvation. The abomination of worshiping the false god Jesus won't do anything for you.
The law was nailed to the cross, Christians are in a New Covenant.

Colossians 2:14- Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Hebrews 8:13- In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Romans 7:6- But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Colossians 2:14- Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Hebrews 8:13- In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Romans 7:6- But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
Gross conceptual error.

There was only one covenant, and it was eternal and included the requirement to follow all of the Laws. Jeremiah points out that once the real Messiah comes, those Laws will be written upon men's hearts so that no needs to study them ever again. See Jeremiah chapter 31. Read the whole thing so you can keep it in context.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

BTW,
TRUE salvation always brings forth good fruit. Hence the new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Grace is grace, something that is only achieved through the sinless shed BLOOD of Christ Jesus. If works could save a person then Jesus wouldn't of had to leave Heaven, to die on the cross and rise from the dead to make atonement for our sins.

Romans 11:6- And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
BTW,
TRUE salvation always brings forth good fruit. Hence the new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).
Grace is grace, something that is only achieved through the sinless shed BLOOD of Christ Jesus. If works could save a person then Jesus wouldn't of had to leave Heaven, to die on the cross and rise from the dead to make atonement for our sins.
Romans 11:6- And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
And you repeat your gross conceptual error.

1) Jesus didn't "leave" Heaven. If he managed to keep the Laws, then he probably entered it after he died.

2) Human sacrifice has no ability to atone for sins. No one can atone for the sins of another, every person must atone for their own sins.

3) One can either avoid sin altogether by following the Laws, or one can atone for one's mistakes "merely" by offering a sincere prayer of repentance - the blood sacrifice is only for an outward show (and to feed the priesthood).

So, Jesus didn't have to die. He could have kept his mouth shut and not pissed off the Roman occupiers and been much quieter about preaching his message of Jewish revivalism and he would have lived a long life. Or he could have been the Messiah of prophecy, in which case he would have succeeded in driving the Romans out and establishing the Kingdom of God.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, a truly repentant heart...

OK, asked for forgiveness....repentance....C OMMAND....

OK...you wrote:

for Him to wash me in His BLOOD and save me....

How was this done???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, if you actually believed any of that, you COULD NOT be a xian, since xianity REQUIRES the assumption that God lied about the Laws He gave to Moses...
You wrote:

Christianity REQUIRES the assumption that God lied about the Laws He gave to Moses......

God didn't lie about the Laws He gave to Moses....

Explain further.....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, a truly repentant heart...
OK, asked for forgiveness....repentance....C OMMAND....
OK...you wrote:
for Him to wash me in His BLOOD and save me....
How was this done???
Trolling me because I exposed a fake Christian troll in an earlier post? Is that troll a "friend" of yours, lol?

You don't understand what it means to be IN Christ Jesus? You don't understand what it means to be saved?

Where are we coming from here? What is the closest denomination that resembles your "Christian" faith?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are speaking of the Laws from the Old Testament....the answer is NO.....

We are under the New Testament of grace under the Laws of Christ.....

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
When I got saved I came to Jesus with a truly repentant heart and asked for forgiveness and for Him to wash me in His BLOOD and save me! I was then filled/sealed with the Holy Spirit.
So, because you claim you are saved......does that mean you are free to lie, judge and bear false witness against others? Because you do this all the time!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
Christianity REQUIRES the assumption that God lied about the Laws He gave to Moses......
God didn't lie about the Laws He gave to Moses....
Explain further.....
Okay, go with that assumption, that the God of the Bible did not lie when He gave the Laws to Moses. Does that include the numerous verses that say that the Laws are to be followed without any change for ever? I would argue that yes, all of those verses are included.

But christianity comes along, and almost immediately Paul starts telling people that it is just fine to ignore all of those Laws that were supposed to be for ever.

So, there are only two possibilities: God lied when He said that the Laws are for ever, or Paul lied when he said that people can ignore the Laws. Okay, perhaps Paul didn't "lie" per se, maybe he was just horribly confused and seriously wrong.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are speaking of the Laws from the Old Testament....the answer is NO.....
We are under the New Testament of grace under the Laws of Christ.....
I already addressed this claim just seven posts above this, still on the same page...
Liam R wrote:
Gross conceptual error.

There was only one covenant, and it was eternal and included the requirement to follow all of the Laws. Jeremiah points out that once the real Messiah comes, those Laws will be written upon men's hearts so that no needs to study them ever again. See Jeremiah chapter 31. Read the whole thing so you can keep it in context.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
So, because you claim you are saved......does that mean you are free to lie, judge and bear false witness against others? Because you do this all the time!!!
Where have I lied or bear false witness? You guys are trolling me from every angle, yet I'm almost always polite and courteous.

Show me just one post where I lied, just one.

As far as judging, calling sin a sin isn't judging.

James 5:20- Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct....

The blood of Jesus Christ ushers us into the New Covenant.

The basis on which God makes a covenant is always a sacrifice.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Gross conceptual error.
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.

It is his promise of a new covenant, different from, and much improved, from the covenant made at Mount Sinai.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••