Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#10380 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolute proof is coming very soon. But you won't like it. This is the terminal generation.
"the flood came and destroyed them all"
yeah, yeah, yeah..... the end is near. It's been near for 2,000yrs now. You HAVE no proof, absolute or otherwise.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#10381 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're not warning you're not delivering your soul.
You are such a declassee boor.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#10382 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You're hopin'.
There's NO proof that it ever happened, you simp.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#10383 Mar 19, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Argumentum ad baculum DISMISSED
NEXT
DollarCent doesn't care about logic. He enjoys looking stupid. He thinks being a fundie wack-job makes him special, because he is so unremarkable in every other way.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#10384 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolute proof is coming very soon. But you won't like it. This is the terminal generation.
"the flood came and destroyed them all"
Luke 17:26-27 (NKJV)
26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.
Amen!

Matthew 24:21- For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

----------
Now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation!

John 3:36- He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

----------

Question: "How can I know for sure that I will go to Heaven when I die?"
Answer: http://www.gotquestions.org/know-sure-Heaven....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10385 Mar 19, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
Matthew 24:21- For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
----------
Now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation!
John 3:36- He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
----------
Question: "How can I know for sure that I will go to Heaven when I die?"
Answer: http://www.gotquestions.org/know-sure-Heaven....
There is more to being saved than just believing...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10386 Mar 19, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth: "Faithful service to God and obedience to Christ is rooted in the FEAR OF THE LORD. "
Could you explain that?
Are you saying people serve God faithfully and obey Christ because they fear the Lord?
That people wouldn't be faithful and obedient if they didn't fear Him?
What are the dangers of sin???

When I think about not doing what God commands, or, doing what God has forbidden and not repenting; then facing him in judgment someday, unprepared....

That's a fearful thing.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10387 Mar 19, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth: "Faithful service to God and obedience to Christ is rooted in the FEAR OF THE LORD. "
Could you explain that?
Are you saying people serve God faithfully and obey Christ because they fear the Lord?
That people wouldn't be faithful and obedient if they didn't fear Him?
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.

Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#10388 Mar 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more to being saved than just believing...
A person can't earn their salvation. When a person TRULY gets saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus they become a NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST.

2 Corinthians 5:17-Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10389 Mar 19, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
A person can't earn their salvation. When a person TRULY gets saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus they become a NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST.
2 Corinthians 5:17-Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Yes, but....

How do you obtain forgiveness of your sins???

How do you become 'in Christ' which is very important because there is where the spiritual blessings are???

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#10390 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well no, He created it.
Colossians 1:16 (NKJV)
16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.
TRY to read it in context, that passage is taking about the God of the Bible, not Jesus...

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#10391 Mar 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but....
How do you obtain forgiveness of your sins???
How do you become 'in Christ' which is very important because there is where the spiritual blessings are???
When I got saved I came to Jesus with a truly repentant heart and asked for forgiveness and for Him to wash me in His BLOOD and save me! I was then filled/sealed with the Holy Spirit (Eph 4:30, Eph 1:13-14).

If a person doesn't understand how powerful the salvation experience is, then they were probably never saved to begin with.

SALVATION cannot be earned! That's just blaspheming the BLOOD of Christ! That's a lie from Satan, that a person has to earn their salvation through good works. That's what the RCC, JW, Mormons, SDA, and other cults teach.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Titus 3:5- Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#10392 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
It means what it says, FEAR. The NT confirms.
Hebrews 10:31 (NKJV)
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
The NT is not reliable enough to confirm that feces possesses an unpleasant odor. The PROPER translation of the Hebrew word often given as "fear" would indeed be more like "awe" in English.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#10394 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to the God of the Bible Who drowned all but 8 to make an example of them?
That is just a myth, an allegory given as a warning. Noah's flood never really happened.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#10395 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad I didn't say that.
Why? You call the God of the Bible a liar all the time.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#10396 Mar 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not like man.
God doesn’t lie.
God is not human, that he should lie,
not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfill?
Of course, if you actually believed any of that, you COULD NOT be a xian, since xianity REQUIRES the assumption that God lied about the Laws He gave to Moses...

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#10398 Mar 19, 2013
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there is but One. The offering of Christ Jesus on the cross at Calvary was the last sacrifice.
Except for the pesky fact that Ezekiel says that when the REAL Messiah comes, there WILL be sacrifices again in the Temple.
Enos

Pekin, IL

#10400 Mar 19, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
When I got saved I came to Jesus with a truly repentant heart and asked for forgiveness and for Him to wash me in His BLOOD and save me! I was then filled/sealed with the Holy Spirit (Eph 4:30, Eph 1:13-14).
If a person doesn't understand how powerful the salvation experience is, then they were probably never saved to begin with.
SALVATION cannot be earned! That's just blaspheming the BLOOD of Christ! That's a lie from Satan, that a person has to earn their salvation through good works. That's what the RCC, JW, Mormons, SDA, and other cults teach.
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Titus 3:5- Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tell us of your own beliefs. Don't LIE about what others believe and call them hateful names.

I know of no Church claiming to be Christian that thinks salvation can be earned. Likewise, your attitude is un-Scriptural. Salvation cannot be earned, but it must be actively accepts. True repentance (sorry for sins and leaving them) must be a part. The NT is peppered with passages about repentance.

James 2

Faith and Deeds

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them,“Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say,“You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says,“Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”[e] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.
Enos

Pekin, IL

#10401 Mar 19, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
A person can't earn their salvation. When a person TRULY gets saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus they become a NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST.
2 Corinthians 5:17-Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
That apparently didn't happen to you, since you lie about what others believe and call them unkind names.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#10402 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolute proof is coming very soon. But you won't like it. This is the terminal generation.
"the flood came and destroyed them all"
Luke 17:26-27 (NKJV)
26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.
Ah, back to the false prophecies of Jesus again...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 4 hr Gov Corbutt of th... 678
News Connecticut sees - gay baby boom' 5 hr Gov Corbutt of th... 23
News Landlord Caught Having Sex In Tenants's Bed (Dec '16) 6 hr Suezanne 13
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 11 hr Tre H 17,182
News Kentucky Baptists issue threat regarding hiring... 16 hr Hudson 94
News Court rules against Oregon bakers in wedding-ca... 17 hr Hudson 53
News US-based IIT grad marries gay partner in Mahara... Sat Wholly Silicon Wafer 2
More from around the web