Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,105

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10355 Mar 19, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Since none of that actually happened, what example was this? An example that God is a liar?
God is not like man.

God doesn’t lie.

God is not human, that he should lie,
not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfill?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#10356 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to the God of the Bible Who drowned all but 8 to make an example of them?
Of course not! After all, that never happened.

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#10357 Mar 19, 2013
Neonbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just tell us little name caller? You don't know? Ok.
*Yawn* Your dodge tactics are rather jejeune. What are you, 14? Just answer the question. What language(s) did Jesus speak?

I'll even give you a hint, it WASN'T English.

Annnnndddddddd GO!

*starts theme from Jeopardy*

“The Final Sacrifice”

Since: Feb 13

Be Blessed

#10358 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to the God of the Bible Who drowned all but 8 to make an example of them?
Yes, there is but One. The offering of Christ Jesus on the cross at Calvary was the last sacrifice.

“The Final Sacrifice”

Be Blessed

#10359 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Which does not mean we should not fear God.
1 Peter 2:17 (NKJV)
17 Fear God.
2 Kings 17:25 (NKJV)
25 And it was so, at the beginning of their dwelling there, that they did not fear the LORD; therefore the LORD sent lions among them, which killed some of them.
Why did you only state one sentence of the four in the verse of 1 Peter 2:17?

17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

Fear God - A duty everywhere enjoined in the Bible, as one of the first duties of religion. Compare Leviticus 25:17; Psalm 24:7; Psalm 25:14; Proverbs 1:7; Proverbs 3:13; Proverbs 9:10; Proverbs 23:17; See the Romans 3:18 note; 2 Corinthians 7:1 note. The word fear, when used to express our duty to God, means that we are to reverence and honor him.

Religion, in one aspect, is described as the fear of God; in another, as the love of God; in another, as submission to his will, etc. A holy veneration or fear is always an elementary principle of religion. It is the fear, not so much of punishment as of his disapprobation; not so much the dread of suffering as the dread of doing wrong.

http://barnes.biblecommenter.com/1_peter/2.ht...

>^o^<

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#10360 Mar 19, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
*Yawn* Your dodge tactics are rather jejeune. What are you, 14? Just answer the question. What language(s) did Jesus speak?
I'll even give you a hint, it WASN'T English.
Annnnndddddddd GO!
*starts theme from Jeopardy*
Never said He spoke English, DUH!

Location hidden

#10361 Mar 19, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not! After all, that never happened.
You're hopin'.
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#10362 Mar 19, 2013
Are you saying he couldn't?
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said He spoke English, DUH!

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#10363 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know who repents. You can't see their souls. Gays here HATE God of the Bible.
Romans 1 God gave them up to vile affections.
Is not your habitual undimishing indugence in forecasting eternal punishment in Hellfire for others, evidence a fondness akin to a vile affection?

dollarsbill: "You don't know who repents."

We can tell who hasn't, though.

Location hidden

#10364 Mar 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Are you saying he couldn't?
<quoted text>
No.

Location hidden

#10365 Mar 19, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Is not your habitual undimishing indugence in forecasting eternal punishment in Hellfire for others, evidence a fondness akin to a vile affection?
dollarsbill: "You don't know who repents."
We can tell who hasn't, though.
If you're not warning you're not delivering your soul.

Ezekiel 33:9 (NKJV)
9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

“The Final Sacrifice”

Be Blessed

#10366 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're not warning you're not delivering your soul.
Ezekiel 33:9 (NKJV)
9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
You must be aware of the audience that is being addressed in scripture. Not all scripture is mean for all people of all time. This happened to be addressing the Jews of the time. Are you a Jew?

INTRODUCTION TO Ezekiel 33

This chapter treats of the prophet's duty, and the people's sins; contains a vindication of the justice of God; a threatening of destruction to those who remained in the land after the taking of the city; and a detection of the hypocrisy of the prophet's hearers. The duty of a watchman in general is declared, Ezekiel 33:1, an application of this to the prophet, Ezekiel 33:7, the sum of whose business is to warn the wicked man of his wickedness; and the consequence of doing, or not doing it, is expressed, Ezekiel 33:8, an objection of the people, and the prophet's answer to it, Ezekiel 33:10, who is bid to acquaint them, that a righteous man trusting to his righteousness, and sinning, should not live; and that a sinner repenting of his sins should not die, Ezekiel 33:12, the people's charge of inequality in the ways of God is retorted upon them, and removed from the Lord, and proved against them, Ezekiel 33:17, then follows a prophecy, delivered out after the news was brought of the taking of the city, threatening with ruin those that remained in the land, confident of safety, and that for their sins, which are particularly enumerated, Ezekiel 33:21, and the chapter is closed with a discovery of the hypocrisy of those that attended the prophet's ministry, Ezekiel 33:30.

Ezekiel 33:1

1Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Again the word of the Lord came unto me,.... After the delivery of various prophecies concerning the ruin of other nations, the Ammonites, Tyrians, and Egyptians, a fresh prophecy comes from the Lord concerning the Jews.

http://gill.biblecommenter.com/ezekiel/33.htm
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#10367 Mar 19, 2013
So you believe jesus could speak English but you also believe jesus never spoke English. I don't know you could prove that.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No.

Location hidden

#10368 Mar 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
So you believe jesus could speak English but you also believe jesus never spoke English. I don't know you could prove that.
<quoted text>
Who cares either way? Not me.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#10369 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You're hopin'.
Is it the physical impossibility you don't understand, or is it the complete lack of any corroborative evidence that supports the premise that it did occur?

Tell you what...why don't you show us ALL the genetic bottleneck in human beings that traces back to whatever year you suppose this flood occurred (as such a bottleneck must necessarily occur), and then show us the genetic bottleneck in EVERY OTHER SPECIES ON THE PLANET that traces back to the exact same time. Then, show us the geological evidence of complete submersion of all dry land on the planet for a year at whatever time you suppose this alleged flood occurred.

Or, you could just admit that the Noah's ark story is just a fairy tale.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#10370 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares either way? Not me.
Remind me...have you found a legally valid justification for prohibiting same-sex marriage?

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#10372 Mar 19, 2013
Happy Easter Sock aka

Lion of Judah aka Drunk_Monk aka Best Pest Control aka BORN_AGAIN aka Hell Sucks aka We Are Almost There aka Peace For Christ aka Sanctified aka Holy Land aka 38__Special aka BY THE BLOOD aka Not Of This World Forever aka Army Of THE ONE aka End Times aka Full Armour Of God aka Judgment Day Watchman aka Pastor_Sock aka The Troll Buster aka Howling aka No Religion aka too many to name.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian...

She/he/it likes to go around and pretend to be a Christian at first and then turn on Christians out of nowhere and start attacking us. Most Christians are then so embarrassed to have been played like that, that they stop posting and the heathen troll moves on to the next victim of the troll game. That's how much these anti-Christian trolls hate REAL Christians.

Just another pretend Christian Topix wolf in sheep's clothing.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#10373 Mar 19, 2013
^ The Lion of Judah above should be spelled Lion_of_Judah.

Location hidden

#10374 Mar 19, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it the physical impossibility you don't understand, or is it the complete lack of any corroborative evidence that supports the premise that it did occur?
Tell you what...why don't you show us ALL the genetic bottleneck in human beings that traces back to whatever year you suppose this flood occurred (as such a bottleneck must necessarily occur), and then show us the genetic bottleneck in EVERY OTHER SPECIES ON THE PLANET that traces back to the exact same time. Then, show us the geological evidence of complete submersion of all dry land on the planet for a year at whatever time you suppose this alleged flood occurred.
Or, you could just admit that the Noah's ark story is just a fairy tale.
Absolute proof is coming very soon. But you won't like it. This is the terminal generation.

"the flood came and destroyed them all"

Luke 17:26-27 (NKJV)
26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.

Location hidden

#10375 Mar 19, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Remind me...have you found a legally valid justification for prohibiting same-sex marriage?
Better than that.

1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min Cali Girl 2014 49,798
'We feel extremely blessed': Two women get marr... 30 min Shirvell s Shrivel 106
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 2 hr Is This Double Di... 31,258
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 2 hr Jeff Brightone 1
Women dish on their most embarrassing wardrobe ... (Sep '13) 9 hr Kelly DJ 298
Man wins fight to get same-sex union recognized... 13 hr Professor Jumper 4
Shifting his views, Rand Paul seeks broader app... 17 hr Gary 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••