Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
8,081 - 8,100 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea is about how receptive a person is to hearing the gospel message.
You can’t make someone receptive.
That is something they must choose to do.
Wrong. It is something they are called to do. And nothing you can do can make that calling happen any faster than God wants it.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
God could choose to communicate with His creation directly via word-of-mouth, through messengers (angels), through dreams and visions or from His Inspired Word.
Inspired Word? Would that be the Kama Sutra?

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
"You sure as hell didn't walk and talk with Him either"
No ... I have their letters
...says another one who never researched.

You're making a fool of yourself in public and don't even realize it.

Google is your friend.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like they spend their entire lives "PULLING" on the door ... when the sign says "PUSH"
That sounds like it would be frustrating - yet my life is blessed.

Next.

You can have all the theories you want, but once they are disproven, they are disproven.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know the Word of God and accept the Word of God then why are you living in sin....
“But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the Lord
exceedingly.”
Sodom and Gomorrah now lay buried under the dead sea.
WHY???
Because the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the Lord EXCEEDINGLY....
And what exactly was the sin of Sodom?

Ezekiel 16:48 [As] I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.
16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
16:50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw [good].

The word herein translated as "abomination" is the word <tow'ebah> which is always used to refer to acts of worship of foreign Gods.

So, the Sodomites refused to provide charity for the poor, gave themselves over to gluttony and laziness. Change the pagan Canaanite Gods to Jesus, and it describes the Republican Right to a tee!

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
As mankind found itself adrift in a sea of evil, pain, and suffering, the question eventually would arise...
Why?
Man thus needed to be educated concerning the exact reason(s) for his predicament.
SIN and DISOBEDIENCE....
I guess you've found yourself in that kind of predicament. Were you another drug addict or alcoholic who needed to be "born again" in order to just get to a functioning level where the rest of us already lived without any help?

I'm not adrift on a sea of evil, pain, or suffering. I live by
faith. So I guess SIN and DISOBEIENCE are not really a problem.

Once again - once reality discredits your theory, it's a dead and disproven theory.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
but a big part of believing in God has to do with faith
Belief/Faith cannot be separated.....
Genuine faith produces righteousness in us.
Belief equals proper behavior or righteous living.
You forgot to start that with, "In my opinion..."

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
"but then that's what bible worshipers"
well .. you get that one wrong to ... we don't "worship" the Bible ... we worship the "author" of the bible .. big diff
Too many actually do worship "the" bible as an idol.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS, Darling, is EXACTLY the point WE are making- Why should WE trust YOU, you being a MERE MAN, in YOUR interpretation?
All the more so, since his interpretation is totally in contradiction to what the Bible really says on so many issues...

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
the will of the American people ... see you at the poles
Polls, stupid. Polls.

And regardless of the will of the people, gay marriage will be expanded very soon.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God NEVER changes....
But what has MAN done to the Word of God???
But the NT has been changed many, many times, often just to suit the scribe making the copy...

You ARE aware of the Comma Johanneum, aren't you?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews in Thessalonica would not search to see if Paul's interpretation of the Jewish scripture was true or not.
So, what should we do with the Word of God???
What "search"? As soon as he started babbling, they would know that he was chock full of fecal matter...

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
And what exactly was the sin of Sodom?
Ezekiel 16:48 [As] I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.
16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
16:50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw [good].
The word herein translated as "abomination" is the word <tow'ebah> which is always used to refer to acts of worship of foreign Gods.
So, the Sodomites refused to provide charity for the poor, gave themselves over to gluttony and laziness. Change the pagan Canaanite Gods to Jesus, and it describes the Republican Right to a tee!
WHAT-HOLD THE PRESS!!!! Are you telling me that if you look at the scriptures in the original language and culture that the modern interpretation is wrong? That people the likes of Jerry Fallwell were full of holy sh!T? That the scriptures have been twisted to serve a political agenda??? That modern christianity is nothing more than a huckster's payday? Oh, say it ain't so!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT-HOLD THE PRESS!!!! Are you telling me that if you look at the scriptures in the original language and culture that the modern interpretation is wrong? That people the likes of Jerry Fallwell were full of holy sh!T? That the scriptures have been twisted to serve a political agenda??? That modern christianity is nothing more than a huckster's payday? Oh, say it ain't so!
Conservative Judaism recently released a slight rewrite of the marriage vows, so that gays could be married using almost the same religious ceremony used by straight couples.

I rather doubt that the fecal matter that Falwell was full of had any "holy" value at all.

The twisting of the various books of the Bible as a political tool has existed longer than any recognizable form of xianity. Forgeries in the name of Paul, for example, were made within a couple of decades of his death, changing his perversions of what Jesus taught. Do remember that Jesus taught Judaism, nothing else, yet Paul was changing that only a few years after Jesus died.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservative Judaism recently released a slight rewrite of the marriage vows, so that gays could be married using almost the same religious ceremony used by straight couples.
I rather doubt that the fecal matter that Falwell was full of had any "holy" value at all.
The twisting of the various books of the Bible as a political tool has existed longer than any recognizable form of xianity. Forgeries in the name of Paul, for example, were made within a couple of decades of his death, changing his perversions of what Jesus taught. Do remember that Jesus taught Judaism, nothing else, yet Paul was changing that only a few years after Jesus died.
I read a bit about the comma, at least until I felt my head was going to explode; the import to this is as to whether it was actually believed that Jesus was god in flesh, or a forgery added to make that claim be whatever particular cult was making that translation for whatever reason they had to promote that belief? Catch me up.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne.
All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
WHY the separation???
See if you can answer the question....
Which pets get to come in the house.

You left off the criteria by which such will be ecided.

Note that it has NOTHING to do with belief-tests or rules or books.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do we need the covenant of the New Testament???
Because the "old" got co-opted and twisted beyond all recognition by those with power, status, ego and nationalistic agendas.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
I read a bit about the comma, at least until I felt my head was going to explode; the import to this is as to whether it was actually believed that Jesus was god in flesh, or a forgery added to make that claim be whatever particular cult was making that translation for whatever reason they had to promote that belief? Catch me up.
the whole idea of a truine god rather

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you.
And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.
clothed yourself with Christ....
That is, again, Saul spouting his Stoic philosophy, later to bear it's nasty fruit in the Manicheist, and some of the Gnostic, heresies.

If you want to try to assert that Plato, the Stoics, and Philo of Alexandria were all prophets of the Father, I'd certainly like to read how you try make it march.\

Not everything in either the Hebrew or Aramaic-Coptic-Greek anthologies carry equal weight. Certain not all of their various parts are Divine utterence. Some parts are. Some not. Discernment allows one to tell the difference with those writings, and elsewhere. The beginning is to look to the principles expressed in the records of Yeshua's message. Not all of those are equal, either, so one must consider the sources.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty evident and you should take to heart has a cautionary tale. The accepted were those whose evidence of the reality of their faith reflected divine love they recieved in self-less, non-judgemental service to their fellow man; the unaccpetable are like those people who would get on Topix forums and condemned other people to hell in a grand display of their self-agrandizing and hollow righteousness and total absence of true godly purpose.
It's more existential than that, and more subtle, but you're definitely on the right track there, Sister.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••