Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 401)

Showing posts 8,001 - 8,020 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Ruby......why do you use such logic on these people? You know they don't understand it.....lol!!!
Satan’s purpose and objective is to so blind a person’s mind that they can’t grasp it (the Word of God.)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
As I told you I'm not a christian except in universal sense. I can however honestly answer YES to that, but my import and interpretation of exactly what that means would no doubt be far different frm yours sense I look at this all out of the terms of a representative narrative. My main point of course is in keeping with the theme of this thread. You and others have made certain assertions, and one of them is acusing gay-affriming christians as being spritually blind. My question remains as to how it is that it is indeed not YOURSELF who is resisting the truth, proposing the possibility that you were led to this place to be exposed to the truth, and that your own spritual blindness not only prevents you from accepting the truth but actually knowing the fact your rejection is a result of your spiritual blindness.
When God rejected the Gentile nations for idolatry, homosexuality and such like things, he chose Israel to be his chosen nation.

He gave them specific laws forbidding homosexuality.

So, how do we get around this as not being a sin???

Leviticus 18:22-24

22 “‘DO NOT have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

23 “‘DO NOT have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

24 “‘DO NOT defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled.

OK, I will let you interrupt for yourself....

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Apostle Paul says that Satan has set out to blind the minds of the unbelieving in order that something might not happen.
Who cares? Your religious beliefs are yours and I'm not required to believe in them or follow them!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan’s purpose and objective is to so blind a person’s mind that they can’t grasp it (the Word of God.)
Sorry, but just because you believe in that mythical book and claim God's words are in it, doesn't make it true......just your opinion, which you are entitled to.....but others are entitled to believe differently!!!!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
When God rejected the Gentile nations for idolatry, homosexuality and such like things, he chose Israel to be his chosen nation.
He gave them specific laws forbidding homosexuality.
So, how do we get around this as not being a sin???
Leviticus 18:22-24
22 “‘DO NOT have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
23 “‘DO NOT have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.
24 “‘DO NOT defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled.
OK, I will let you interrupt for yourself....
I can't quote the many words studies and cultural context applicatons tht have been present here on the Gay and lesbian forum other than to say I have seen them, they exist, and that they refute your particular interpretation of what these passage both actually allude to, and when the question of subjective interpretation is the problem then cold hard word science and actual cultural knowlege is relly the only wy to insure a way around your own bias. The only one I hve a passing familiarity with to any degree is the Centurian and his servant, the fact that many ranking soldiers took boy body slaves with them and among the many uses of such slave was a sexual outlet, encouraged because consorting with prositutes was a disease vector and romantic entanglements might compromise a soldiers loyalty, so it is likely that there was a sexual relationship, Jesus knew it, and it made no difference: what made a difference was faith- the continuing and over-riding message. This view is in keeping with recognized practices of the time and the original words which describes the slave and the continual message of the Gospels. There's other people who can offer a far more comprhensive study of the scripture you posted, I'm not one of them. Now have in honestly tried to answer your questions-your turn.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? Your religious beliefs are yours and I'm not required to believe in them or follow them!!!
Don't feel bad....

You won't be the last to state these words....

Again, knowledge of the Word of God and accepting the Word of God are two different things.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

...again my apologize for spelling and editing

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't quote the many words studies and cultural context applicatons tht have been present here on the Gay and lesbian forum other than to say I have seen them, they exist, and that they refute your particular interpretation of what these passage both actually allude to, and when the question of subjective interpretation is the problem then cold hard word science and actual cultural knowlege is relly the only wy to insure a way around your own bias. The only one I hve a passing familiarity with to any degree is the Centurian and his servant, the fact that many ranking soldiers took boy body slaves with them and among the many uses of such slave was a sexual outlet, encouraged because consorting with prositutes was a disease vector and romantic entanglements might compromise a soldiers loyalty, so it is likely that there was a sexual relationship, Jesus knew it, and it made no difference: what made a difference was faith- the continuing and over-riding message. This view is in keeping with recognized practices of the time and the original words which describes the slave and the continual message of the Gospels. There's other people who can offer a far more comprhensive study of the scripture you posted, I'm not one of them. Now have in honestly tried to answer your questions-your turn.
I'm asking for an answer to post #9047

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't feel bad....
You won't be the last to state these words....
Again, knowledge of the Word of God and accepting the Word of God are two different things.....
The question is accepting what actually is there as opposed to what you want to be there
OKAY

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
As I told you I'm not a christian except in universal sense. I can however honestly answer YES to that, but my import and interpretation of exactly what that means would no doubt be far different frm yours sense I look at this all out of the terms of a representative narrative. My main point of course is in keeping with the theme of this thread. You and others have made certain assertions, and one of them is acusing gay-affriming christians as being spritually blind. My question remains as to how it is that it is indeed not YOURSELF who is resisting the truth, proposing the possibility that you were led to this place to be exposed to the truth, and that your own spritual blindness not only prevents you from accepting the truth but actually knowing the fact your rejection is a result of your spiritual blindness.
Or maybe GOD led "His-Truth" here for you to be exposed to the Truth.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
NorCal, are you always 100% compassionate ?
NorCal, are you always 100% understanding ??
NorCal, do you always 100% forgive ???
If not 100% 24/7/365 ... then you are a sinner and need salvation .. just as we all do
Whenever I read posts by people like you I am reminded of all the stories I've read throughout history where one "enlightened group" attacks those they believe aren't "following God's Law".

The Amish Beard Cutting story is but one recent example.

The animus faced by gays and lesbians from folks like you goes back centuries and directly conflicts with the message Jesus taught.

Interesting that you want to point out the "sins of others" while at the same time you expect us to forgive your sins simply because you admit you're a sinner. Makes it pretty easy for you to claim salvation while continuing to be a non-repentant sinner.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not perfect and therefore I am not 100% of anything but a human being who does have compassion, love and understanding even for those who condemn me for things based solely on their perspective.......so, the answer you want is no, not a 100% of the time......but I do try and that's all that God is asking of me......can you say you do ANY of these things?
I know from your post that you have NO understanding of those who believe differently than you and that in order for anyone to be saved, they must believe as you do, but that is not what God is going to judge you on!!!
voted a big red heart

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Wade wrote:
<quoted text>Are you even fooling yourself?
God repeatedly condemns and prohibits all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments. This fact is not debatable.
You cannot deny this reality and consider yourself to be a Christian. Christianity is defined by the Bible.
To David Moore:

A life lesson.

Happiness cannot come from hatred or anger. Nobody can say, "Today I am happy because this morning I was very angry." On the contrary, people feel uneasy and sad and say, "Today I am not happy because I lost my temper this morning." Through kindness, whether at our own level or at the national and international level, through mutual understanding and through mutual respect, we will get peace, we will get happiness, and we will get genuine satisfaction.

- His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but just because you believe in that mythical book and claim God's words are in it, doesn't make it true......just your opinion, which you are entitled to.....but others are entitled to believe differently!!!!
Sure....I know you won't believe this but I will post anyways...

We like some parts of God's nature: God is loving, merciful, kind, forgiving, compassionate.

But God's nature also includes wrath, justice, absolute holiness, and absolute purity.

It is ourselves that need to come to the realization of what SIN is and what SIN does to us spiritually and physically.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe GOD led "His-Truth" here for you to be exposed to the Truth.
And... maybe not-they have the burden of proof.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Just delivering my soul.
Ezekiel 33:9 (NKJV)
9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

So you can toss around Bible verses better than you do a baseball. Good for you.

Only shows you to be a preacher not a teacher OR a follower.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
When God rejected the Gentile nations for idolatry, homosexuality and such like things, he chose Israel to be his chosen nation. He gave them specific laws forbidding homosexuality. So, how do we get around this as not being a sin???
Leviticus 18:22-24 22 “‘DO NOT have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable. 23 “‘DO NOT have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion. 24 “‘DO NOT defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. OK, I will let you interrupt for yourself....
It's like they spend their entire lives "PULLING" on the door ... when the sign says "PUSH"

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
And... maybe not-they have the burden of proof.
He is waiting for you... www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

MagskBob wrote:
<quoted text>
In the United States there are over 3.000 Christian denominations. Just the arrogance of denominational faith condemns any reconciliation of the Christian religion.
There has already been 'wedges'- just witness the Anglican Church.
The self righteous always need to have a scapegoat so that they can get everyone to focus on the side issues instead of seeing the faults of the self righteous.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like they spend their entire lives "PULLING" on the door ... when the sign says "PUSH"
First, they have to KNOCK....and I haven't heard any knocking yet....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,001 - 8,020 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••