Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#9044 Mar 8, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
And I only have your word that YOU HAVE-which I very seriously doubt. And the issue is whether the wording and the cultural context of the meaning and import of words have changed over the centuries. It was only a few years ago it was proposed to cleanse the Bible of it's "liberal slant" and make it more affirming of conservative republican ideology-and the fact is the Bible has been warped and woofed to fit many different political agendas. I have a lot more trust in people who know the actual culture of the times, the actual earliest languages, people who have taken the time to cross-reference scripture for thematic consistentcy in terms of it, than the tainted interpretation of neo-political preacher patsies such as yourself.
The Word of God NEVER changes....

But what has MAN done to the Word of God???

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9045 Mar 8, 2013
Truth is talking about jesus ..Matthew 12:30 "He who is not with me is against me, and he who

so tell me RubyTheDyke ... was Jesus Christ LITERALLY raised from the dead

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9046 Mar 8, 2013
waiting for RubyTheDyke

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#9047 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
so tell me RubyTheDyke ... was Jesus Christ LITERALLY raised from the dead
As I told you I'm not a christian except in universal sense. I can however honestly answer YES to that, but my import and interpretation of exactly what that means would no doubt be far different frm yours sense I look at this all out of the terms of a representative narrative. My main point of course is in keeping with the theme of this thread. You and others have made certain assertions, and one of them is acusing gay-affriming christians as being spritually blind. My question remains as to how it is that it is indeed not YOURSELF who is resisting the truth, proposing the possibility that you were led to this place to be exposed to the truth, and that your own spritual blindness not only prevents you from accepting the truth but actually knowing the fact your rejection is a result of your spiritual blindness.

Location hidden

#9048 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God NEVER changes....
But what has MAN done to the Word of God???
Deinitely the question of the day, huh Darling?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#9049 Mar 8, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS, Darling, is EXACTLY the point WE are making- Why should WE trust YOU, you being a MERE MAN, in YOUR interpretation?
The idea is about how receptive a person is to hearing the gospel message.

You can’t make someone receptive.

That is something they must choose to do.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9050 Mar 8, 2013
all I needed was a no . . . thank you
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#9051 Mar 8, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you taling about God, or Bush?
Good one....

But don't get me started on Bush....

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9052 Mar 8, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:.. blindness not only prevents you from accepting the truth
ant the truth is ..........
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#9053 Mar 8, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you doing in your life to prepare your mind to receive God’s word each time you open it, read it and study it?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#9055 Mar 8, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews in Thessalonica would not search to see if Paul's interpretation of the Jewish scripture was true or not.

So, what should we do with the Word of God???

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#9056 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah Blah Blah .......... I doubt very seriously that these "very serious scholars" ever walked and talked with Jesus Christ ... why would anyone care what they think or say
You sure as hell didn't walk and talk with Him either but we're supposed to care what YOU think or say?

Nice bit of logic you have there buddy. Those that studied the Bible in a serious scholastic setting have less understanding than someone that's wrapped up in the dogma.

Location hidden

#9057 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you doing in your life to prepare your mind to receive God’s word each time you open it, read it and study it?
I think the more essential question should be how are we searching our own lives for the truth of the divine revealed through it, and how are we connecting with the greater existence that both reflects and reveals the reality of an eternal truth that is either side-track nor dependent of the arbitrary in its fulfilment.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#9058 Mar 8, 2013
"You sure as hell didn't walk and talk with Him either"

No ... I have their letters

Location hidden

#9059 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
ant the truth is ..........
...that my Christ is bigger than christianity

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#9060 Mar 8, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
As I told you I'm not a christian except in universal sense. I can however honestly answer YES to that, but my import and interpretation of exactly what that means would no doubt be far different frm yours sense I look at this all out of the terms of a representative narrative. My main point of course is in keeping with the theme of this thread. You and others have made certain assertions, and one of them is acusing gay-affriming christians as being spritually blind. My question remains as to how it is that it is indeed not YOURSELF who is resisting the truth, proposing the possibility that you were led to this place to be exposed to the truth, and that your own spritual blindness not only prevents you from accepting the truth but actually knowing the fact your rejection is a result of your spiritual blindness.
Now Ruby......why do you use such logic on these people? You know they don't understand it.....lol!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#9061 Mar 8, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the more essential question should be how are we searching our own lives for the truth of the divine revealed through it, and how are we connecting with the greater existence that both reflects and reveals the reality of an eternal truth that is either side-track nor dependent of the arbitrary in its fulfilment.
Sure....

You don't want to simply take someone’s interpretation as fact, but instead, search and examine DEEPLY to find out what it was that God was really saying.

The idea is for us to "sift through scripture DEEPLY."

How else would we have a connection to God and Jesus???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#9062 Mar 8, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Ruby......why do you use such logic on these people? You know they don't understand it.....lol!!!
The Apostle Paul says that Satan has set out to blind the minds of the unbelieving in order that something might not happen.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#9063 Mar 8, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan’s purpose and objective is to so blind a person’s mind that they can’t grasp it (the Word of God.)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#9064 Mar 8, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
When God rejected the Gentile nations for idolatry, homosexuality and such like things, he chose Israel to be his chosen nation.

He gave them specific laws forbidding homosexuality.

So, how do we get around this as not being a sin???

Leviticus 18:22-24

22 “‘DO NOT have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

23 “‘DO NOT have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

24 “‘DO NOT defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled.

OK, I will let you interrupt for yourself....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr MaleRoom 4,960
News Lacusong: What is your religion's ultimate goal? 7 hr Bible Believer 2
News 7 Weird But Real Jobs 13 hr Emerald 8
News Anti-gay Atlanta bishop Eddie Long, who was acc... 15 hr Gary 7
News Adults-only wedding gets no ringing endorsement (Jul '07) 20 hr Ciciwiseman 51
News Some upset over National Cathedral's decision t... 22 hr Lawrence Wolf 26
[Guide] Funny maid of honor speech (Sep '14) Tue Grenadaspot 260
More from around the web