Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
7,961 - 7,980 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

did we "loose" tony ?????.. ha !
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Thinking wrote:
My Irish catholic friend has a mug on her desk saying "jesus is coming, look busy."
<quoted text>
Jesus is coming soon, morning or night or noon,
Many will meet their doom, trumpets will sound.
All of the dead shall rise, righteous meet in the sky,
Going where no one dies, Heavenward bound!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know the Word of God and accept the Word of God then why are you living in sin....
“But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the Lord
exceedingly.”
Sodom and Gomorrah now lay buried under the dead sea.
WHY???
Because the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the Lord EXCEEDINGLY....
And thereare very serious scholars, many who have posted on this topic site, who have looked at these passages in view of their original language and in context of their cultural norms that have demonstrted a very different reality expressed in the so-called "gotcha" passages of both Old and New Testant, if I interpret where you're going with this. The question many of you people should be considering is if it is actually YOU turning blind eye to the truth, that it is indeed YOU who are resisting the Holy Sprit trying to take the scales off YOUR eyes.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

"And there are very serious scholars" ... OH, GIVE HIM A FREAKN BREAK
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you acquainted with how the Jewish people of time used the term?
http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13933-...
http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/8092-i...
http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/7833-h...
Always the best place to start one's quest for understanding Jewish thought of that, and prior, periods.
God can penetrate into man's most innermost being.

“Fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul, but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty evident and you should take to heart has a cautionary tale. The accepted were those whose evidence of the reality of their faith reflected divine love they recieved in self-less, non-judgemental service to their fellow man; the unaccpetable are like those people who would get on Topix forums and condemned other people to hell in a grand display of their self-agrandizing and hollow righteousness and total absence of true godly purpose.
No I have NOT condemned you or any other to hell.....

You have a choice....God calls it free will....

You are either with Him or you are against Him.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
And thereare very serious scholars, many who have posted on this topic site, who have looked at these passages in view of their original language and in context of their cultural norms that have demonstrted a very different reality expressed in the so-called "gotcha" passages of both Old and New Testant, if I interpret where you're going with this. The question many of you people should be considering is if it is actually YOU turning blind eye to the truth, that it is indeed YOU who are resisting the Holy Sprit trying to take the scales off YOUR eyes.
Do you really think that I care what scholars say as they are really just MEN???

Do you really think that I will take what a mere MAN has to say about scriptures over the Word of God???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
Look what man has done:

This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are Biblically illiterate. Jesus is God.,,,...[ cut ],,..
Lets try to be a little more accurate in your description of the belief system you are trying to scare people into joining.

You don't accept the historical human Jesus and his teachings of our place in the OMNIPRESENT GOD.

You reject the OMNIPRESENT GOD at the core of the historical Jesus's teachings in preference to your god-man, the false Jesus that you worship as your god while being totally oblivious of the wonderful truth that the historical Jesus attempted to share with humanity about our place in the OMNIPRESENT GOD.

The closest fit for your false concept of Jesus is the god-man, Mithra, of the Roman warriors. And it was the Mithra, Horus, and other primitive pagan myths shared by many cultures from which the false form of Christianity created as a political tool based on hate and fear by the Romans was created from.

You have yet to counter any of this valid information about your belief system that can be confirmed by anyone who cares to do the research.

You offer no points of your own to defend your religion other than condemning everyone who does not accept your false and primitive volcano god to burn in an imaginary hellfire for not accepting your primitive belief system.

Cursing everyone here on topix is how you defend your faith in the Roman hoax of Christianity. Curses and circular logic are the foundation of your fear based faith and are all you have to offer in countering the facts pointed out to you.

Facts contradict your religion so you try vainly to protect it with psychotic and hateful false threats using the same strategy that got you locked into the primitive fear based religion you continue to defend out of the fear of the brutal god you mistakenly accepted as real.

It appears that you believe your repetitive curses here on topix have some kind of magical power to keep you out of the imaginary hell you think you are throwing others into with your curses which in reality are a form of false judgment:

Matthew 7:1-6 (King James Version)

"1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

You reject this scripture as applying to you while at the same time claiming the whole bible is the inherent word of your volcano god.

By doing so you create within yourself a state of cognitive dissonance. This cognitive dissonance is what is driving you insane and is why you are here cursing people instead of actually working on yourself.

What you are clearly suffering from is what the mental health profession is beginning to see as Fundamentalism psychosis.

"Fundamentalism psychosis affects functioning in much the same way as opium. It dulls the intellect and sufferers experience a kind of euphoria, rather than pain. Fundamentalism psychosis is severe in its extreme forms, because the afflicted are hysterically intolerant of the ideas of non-suffers, believing that even the most innocent are destined for an eternity in their hell. Furthermore, fundamentalism psychotics are more hopelessly in denial than even the most severe alcoholics. However, afflicted persons usually are able to sustain fairly normal jobs and personal activities. So unlike traditionally defined forms of psychosis, fundamentalism psychotics can take care of themselves pretty well. But religion, and its psychotic extreme, is a social activity and seriously impaired functioning is expressed at the societal level. Acting together in groups, fundamentalism psychotics can deprive others of their rights, especially non sufferers, and even block established productive and rational activities such as scientific inquiry, legal scholarship, and inter-group diplomacy. "

http://immoralminority.blogspot.com/2004/11/i...

Get help, dollarsBill, before it's too late if it isn't already!

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

RubyTheDyke wrote:.. And thereare And thereare very serious scholars, many, many ....
Blah Blah Blah .......... I doubt very seriously that these "very serious scholars" ever walked and talked with Jesus Christ ... why would anyone care what they think or say

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

"why would anyone care what they think or say"

OOOps !!.. I forget ... the Harlot cares about what EVERYONE says ... except the Writers of the New Covenant .... http://bobgeorge.net/teaching/closer-look/wor... .. typical

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Hey Grandpasmurf952 ... was Jesus Christ LITERALLY raised from the dead

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

.......... Grandpa ????
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
Hey Grandpasmurf952 ... was Jesus Christ LITERALLY raised from the dead
No; sugar
But HE 'did' raise his lover from the dead:
++++++++++
Deleted after Mark 10:35> "And they came to Bethany. And there was a woman there, whose brother was dead. And she came and fell down before Jesus and said to him: Son of David, have mercy on me. But the disciples rebuked her. And in anger Jesus went away with her into the garden where the tomb was; and immediately a loud voice was heard from the tomb; and Jesus went forward and rolled away the stone from the door of the tomb. And immediately he went in where the young man was, stretched out his hand and raised him up, grasping him by the hand. But the young man looked upon him and loved him, and began to entreat him that he might remain with him. And when they had gone out from the tomb, they went into the young man’s house; for he was rich. And after six days Jesus commissioned him; and in the evening the young man came to him, clothed only in linen cloth upon his naked body. And he remained with him that night; for Jesus was teaching him the mysteries of God's domain. And from there he went away and returned to the other bank of the Jordan."
Deleted after Mark 10:46> "And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body; and the young men laid hold on him. And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked. He came to Jericho. And there were there the sisters of the young man whom Jesus loved, and his mother and Salome; and Jesus did not receive them."
++++++++++

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was referring to YOU.
Matthew 5:22 (NASB)
22 ; and whoever says,'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.
Wow! Is this supposed to impress me?

You just used the Bible to call me a fool.

Nice going. See you in Hell bro!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that I care what scholars say as they are really just MEN???
Do you really think that I will take what a mere MAN has to say about scriptures over the Word of God???
THIS, Darling, is EXACTLY the point WE are making- Why should WE trust YOU, you being a MERE MAN, in YOUR interpretation?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah Blah Blah .......... I doubt very seriously that these "very serious scholars" ever walked and talked with Jesus Christ ... why would anyone care what they think or say
And I only have your word that YOU HAVE-which I very seriously doubt. And the issue is whether the wording and the cultural context of the meaning and import of words have changed over the centuries. It was only a few years ago it was proposed to cleanse the Bible of it's "liberal slant" and make it more affirming of conservative republican ideology-and the fact is the Bible has been warped and woofed to fit many different political agendas. I have a lot more trust in people who know the actual culture of the times, the actual earliest languages, people who have taken the time to cross-reference scripture for thematic consistentcy in terms of it, than the tainted interpretation of neo-political preacher patsies such as yourself.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

RubyTheDyke wrote:
and I only have your word that YOU HAVE which I very seriously doubt And the issue is whether the wording and the cultural context of the meaning and import of words have changed over the centuries It was only a few years ago it was proposed to cleanse the Bible of its liberal slant and make it more affirming of conservative republican ideology and the fact is the Bible has been warped and woofed to fit many different political agendas I have a lot more trust in people who know the actual culture of the times the actual earliest languages people who have taken the time to cross reference scripture for thematic consistentcy in terms of it than the tainted interpretation of neo political preacher patsies such as yourself
Blah Blah Blah ... excuses excuses excuses

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

so tell me RubyTheDyke . . . was Jesus Christ LITERALLY raised from the dead

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah Blah Blah ... excuses excuses excuses
Back 'acha, Babydoll

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••