Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,105

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“Watching for Wolves~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#8833 Mar 7, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
My eyesight is poor, I do my best, and I certainly cut other people slack for the same thing with full understanding
I apologize to you.... I am sorry.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#8834 Mar 7, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt Jesus asked us to be PERFECT our entire lives......otherwise Jesus died for nothing!!!
He sure didn't , he knew we where screw ups from the get go
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#8835 Mar 7, 2013
Define, in this context, perfect.
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus:.. Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect .. Matthew 5:48
no ... it's WHY he had to die ... period
sorry to see you reject his salvation
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#8836 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you reject the Biblical Jesus .. you are rejecting his salvation ... if you reject me .. no skin off my nose
I told you me and Jesus are family... and I can safely say Jesus would reject you as a self-righteous pharisee
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#8837 Mar 7, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, they tossed her into the fires for Baal.
lol. The fire god must be appeased. no, the volcano god. no, the ....
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#8838 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
being Jewish cannot save you .. you must be born again .. http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/sermons/43-11
to the Jew: take off Moses and put on Christ
to the Gentile: put on Christ
Well that's a fine how do you do. He was just at my place for Purim. Drank most of my wine. So much for family values.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8839 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you reject the Biblical Jesus .. you are rejecting his salvation ... if you reject me .. no skin off my nose
In your rush to the false soteriologies of the Saulines and the "John" tract, you appear to have overlooked Matthew 25:31-46.

There is no acceptance or rejection criteria mentioned; not of any book or writing(s), and not of Yeshua, biblical or otherwise. Neither is there any anticipation of reward on the parts of those chosen who, it would seem, are completely unaware of the criteria.

In fact, if we compare another section in the record, Matthew 7:22-23

In this section, the rejected ones obviously expected to be chosen because they had done important deeds in Yeshua's name, presumably because they had read about it in some writings or book, eh? They were following the rules, even to the point of signs and wonders, eh?

But in Matthew 7:21, the criteria for judgement are laid out, and those criteria can only be met from a heartfelt compassion for others. Not from a rulebook.

You want fear and trembling?

Better check yourself, boyo.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8840 Mar 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.....lol.....
God picked Paul to be the apostles for the Gentiles.....
"For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry."

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#8841 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
excuses .. excuses .. excuses
Not excuses at all - exactly the opposite! You take the easy way out! You don't want to do the work. You choose to take the cop-out answer and just say, "Oh I guess this is close enough to God's Word" - not caring whether or not it really is.

You're a half-assed "Christian" wanna-be. Nobody can be as certain of God's Word as you think you are. That's telltale sign #1 you don't know the first clue what you are talking about.

I actually care what God said and wants. I won't settle for a half-assed book that is GUARANTEED to have errors because I'm not a half-assed "Christian" wanna-be like you.

Now, don't be a moron and assume that means I reject all the bibles out of hand. Most English versions of bibles are a good STARTING POINT that raises questions to be resolved via prayer. An active, prayerful relationship with God is more important and more spiritually nourishing than worshipping a dead book as an idol.

Remember, God COULD HAVE done what you wish He did, and that is to keep His Word intact. He actively chose not to do that, which should tell a thinking person that there is NO BOOK with all the answers - you have to think and pray and learn.

And you sure as heck cannot pick out a sentence here or there and try to force others to live by it. That's just spiritual negligence.

Dude, you are a mess. You are totally on the wrong track, and here you are offering half-assed advice to other people, with their souls in the balance. If anybody is doing Satan's bidding, whew, it's you, man.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8842 Mar 7, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I believe Jesus was a mere mortal man and from what I've read on Him, he had great visions...but he was just a man.
God is perfect, but God doesn't EXPECT us to be perfect.......otherwise, we'd all still be frolicking in the Garden of Eden.
You have every right to believe as you want......but you still can't allow others to believe differently than you. Wonder why?
Jesus was 100% man....but He is also God......

No one was perfect but Jesus....He was without sin...that is why Jesus was the perfect sacrifice....pure without sin.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8843 Mar 7, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
It's why he had to die??????????
What is with you barbarians and your human sacrifice fetish? Did they throw Mary into a volcano, too?
To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8844 Mar 7, 2013
Tony C wrote:
I actually care what God said and wants
in a nutshell .. what is the will of God

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8845 Mar 7, 2013
Tony C wrote:
And you sure as heck cannot pick out a sentence here or there and try to force others to live by it
force ?????
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8846 Mar 7, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
It's why he had to die??????????
What is with you barbarians and your human sacrifice fetish? Did they throw Mary into a volcano, too?
Sin incurs a debt toward God...

Shedding of (Jesus') blood is necessary for forgiveness of sin...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8847 Mar 7, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a Jew. Me and jesus are family. Am I in or out?
Are you obeying Jesus' COMMANDS in the New Testament....and I am NOT talking about the 10 commandments....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8848 Mar 7, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not rejecting his salvation, I'm rejecting you.
Salvation comes through Jesus Christ...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8849 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
being Jewish cannot save you .. you must be born again .. http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/sermons/43-11
to the Jew: take off Moses and put on Christ
to the Gentile: put on Christ
Born again....

You are either outside of Christ....or,

In Christ....put on Christ in baptism.....

Location hidden

#8850 Mar 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry."
So he CLAIMED, while providing copious written evidence that it was not so.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8851 Mar 7, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, they do because those who don't believe as you do....don't believe in Hell or eternal life......sorry, but you have a need to believe that stuff and seem to be upset when others won't follow you!!!
Belief in Hell is not required for residency therein. God does not have to get your permission.

Location hidden

#8852 Mar 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was 100% man....but He is also God......
No one was perfect but Jesus....He was without sin...that is why Jesus was the perfect sacrifice....pure without sin.....
That's definitely the Alexandrian/Cappadocian and Nicene heresy, right there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wedding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What if high court rejects gay marriage cases? 7 min Reverend Alan 15
Church boots AA group over gay weddings 16 min Wondering 46
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 18 min Jonah1 50,078
German Ethics Council Insists Sex Between Broth... 48 min Reality 7
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 7 hr James 98
Divorce Law Out Of Synch With Same-Sex Marriage 12 hr Fundies R Mentall... 41
Today's News: Our Take - Melody Thomas Scott Di... (Apr '13) 19 hr dmw 50

Wedding People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE